Are we serving our vets as well as they served us? We Could Have Used Twitter Trolls in the Run-Up to the Iraq War

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
You know, a while back, I met a young man named Seamus. He was a good-looking kid, 6'2", 6'3", clear-eyed, with an easy smile. He told me he served in the Marines in the Iraq War. And as I listened to him explain why he'd enlisted, the absolute faith he had in our country and its leaders, his devotion to duty and service, I thought this young man was all that any of us might hope for in a child. But then I asked myself: Are we serving Seamus as well as he is serving us?

I thought of the 900 men and women; sons and daughters, husbands and wives, friends and neighbors, who won't be returning to their own hometowns. I thought of the families who were struggling to get by without a loved one's full income, or whose loved ones had returned with a limb missing or nerves shattered, but still lacked long-term health benefits because they were Reservists.

When an American president sends our young men and women into harm's way, he has a solemn obligation not to fudge the numbers or shade the truth about why they are going, to care for their families while they're gone, to tend to the soldiers upon their return, and to never ever go to war without enough troops to win the war, secure the peace, and earn the respect of the world.

• Banned
Veterans should NEVER have to pay taxes on anything.
Veterans should be given a FREE house when they retire or honorably discharged.
Veterans should be able to get 50% off when they show their legal military ID.
Veterans should NEVER have to pay for medical services of any kind.

Just my opinion.
because my dad died in the lebanese civil war, the government gives me a modest salary, which helps, i give it to my mom and let her manage it, also we have free phone, my own driver, and so many other perks. my mom also served in the lebanese army

• Banned
How come you never learned if you don't mind me asking? It's pretty easy and fun
i'm pretty sure i would be bad it, i don't know how to use a credit card at a bank either...a lot of stuff i just leave up to others to do for me. when you're busy like me, you have to delegate! ("busy", yeah right lol)

i'm pretty sure i would be bad it, i don't know how to use a credit card at a bank either...a lot of stuff i just leave up to others to do for me. when you're busy like me, you have to delegate! ("busy", yeah right lol)
I'm not gonna judge sounds like a pretty sweet deal you got going on. Are you all like super rich?

• Banned
I'm not gonna judge sounds like a pretty sweet deal you got going on. Are you all like super rich?
no no no, everyone in lebanon is poor because of the recent economic collapse, but we do better than others, (example: our relatives help us financially from abroad. also, i do things like download political audiobooks for free and stuff like that because there's no anti-piracy law) lebanon rank LAST In the world in food inflation. if you care about money, lebanon is the worst country to live in in history right now. but i just want to have fun in life, so i selfishly don't care if everything collapses, but i feel bad for my family and friends

no no no, everyone in lebanon is poor because of the recent economic collapse, but we do better than others, (example: our relatives help us financially from abroad. also, i do things like download political audiobooks for free and stuff like that because there's no anti-piracy law) lebanon rank LAST In the world in food inflation. if you care about money, lebanon is the worst country to live in in history right now. but i just want to have fun in life, so i selfishly don't care if everything collapses, but i feel bad for my family and friends
Damn dude that sucks but sounds like you're doing ok despite it all

Hang in there bro
i will. like i said, i'm the only who hasn't felt the collapse, because money doesn't mean anything to me. i used to spend all my money on books and sports jerseys. now i get the books for free and the jerseys? well, i wear a sweater now, lol

Damn that place does look fun!
it's true we are the most Arab liberal country. you can curse the politicians in the protest as much as you want, just don't curse the politicians on social media (you will be sued) or ask for peace with any enemy countries (you will be accused of treason)

The whole Zionist Fascist operation was 100% in operation over the lying about Iraq. Dianne Feinstein was for an invasion of Iraq for 3000 different reasons over 2 decades. Zionist Fascist is as Zionist Fascist does...

The entire obsession with Iraq has nothing to do with oil or "Osama" or the 911 Zionist Fascist HATE HOAX.

It has everything to do with....

Joshua 1

King James Version

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

And everyone who pushed the Iraq War is a complete TRAITOR.

ah yes, thanks for bringing us back on topic with a crazed rant! woohoo!

The whole Zionist Fascist operation was 100% in operation over the lying about Iraq. Dianne Feinstein was for an invasion of Iraq for 3000 different reasons over 2 decades. Zionist Fascist is as Zionist Fascist does...

The entire obsession with Iraq has nothing to do with oil or "Osama" or the 911 Zionist Fascist HATE HOAX.

It has everything to do with....

Joshua 1​

King James Version​

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

And everyone who pushed the Iraq War is a complete TRAITOR.
Rev 2:9 and Rev 3:9

I agree with you

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
what did Moses say about Lebanon again? my last name in Arabic is Moussa, the arabic alternative to Moses

Forum List

Back