Are we really Americans?

There are very few Americans left in America. Start asking people if they are Americans. A person might well make Kung Pow tacos for dinner, but when you ask them if they are Americans, you will get a quick answer "I'm Chinese". People do not identify as Americans. They identify with where their ethnicity hails from. Because they identify with foreign countries, that's where their loyalty lies. In the main, it doesn't matter. Only when it comes to voting does it matter. The Chinese will vote for whatever candidate will benefit China. Mexicans vote for those who would benefit Mexico.

Absolutely right. A "nation" whose culture erodes away by the influx of immigrants, is no longer a nation.
And yet you use a picture of Gen. Eisenhower for your avatar and his grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

So what ? My maternal grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany and Denmark. My mother was born in Denmark. And my paternal grandparents immigrated from Central America. So ?

As for Eisenhower, his main claim to fame regarding immigration was that he put a stop to it, much more so than any other US president, with Operation Wetback in 1954, when his immigration agents went house to house in southwestern states hunting down illegal aliens, arresting them, and deporting them. Huge numbers more of them fled back to Mexico, on their own. Laugh that off.

Now that we have different groups of people rushing into our great nation and simply increasing the unemployment rate for our fellow americans, I ask you brethren... Are we truly America? Now that we have the Chinese coming and practically owning America for our immense debt, it seems that we are now Chinese America. Not to mention also the American food with an ethnic flavor, like tacos and orange chicken, we must realize that now we are not true americans. We must increase immigration regulation in order for this nation to remain American. All hail the true America!

I think what really is increasing the unemployment rate is the employers lowballing wages and out sourcing jobs so good Americans like you can buy American flags for the 4th of July celebrations for cheap because they are made in China and then brag to your neighbors about what a good deal you got.

Why are you blaming an honest immigrant worker for taking a job from an employer who has absolutely no minimum stadards for working conditions.

There's a few reasons to blame that worker.

1. TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1325 Improper entry by alien

2. He's taking a job from an honest American.

3. You complain about INTERNATIONAL Outsourcing, and then you hypocritically support DOMESTIC Outsourcing (AKA "Immigration") - only difference between the international outsourcing using cheap foreign labor overseas and the domestic outsourcing using cheap, foreign labor in the US, is that with the domestic outsourcing (immigrants), they do the work of that part of the labor force that CAN ONLY BE DONE INSIDE THE US >> (ex. landscaping, construction, janitorial, etc)

Last edited:
we are a nation of immigrants and have been since after 1492 and even before. The point is legal or illegal immigrant and please have something to offer and not just take and take. Legalization of 11 million illegal aliens is creating another lower class of humans we have to subsidize as we already are doing. What culture are you talking about? Whites destroyed the native american culture. America means White to most Americans.

I'm talking about the culture of America. That is first off, the English language. Secondly, our Constitution and laws. Third, our history. Fourth our arts, which to most Americans depends on your age group. For older people, they remember lots of entertainers who are now long gone >> Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, etc.
They also recall singers like Bing Crosby and Rudy Vallee. For me, it's a mixture of American and British music > the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, etc and TV shows like Kojak, Hawaii 5-0, the Honeymooners, All In the Family, Married without Children, Saturday Night Live, and newer shows like Pawn Stars, Caught on Camera, and the cable news shows like Fox, CNN, HLN, and MSNBC. And 5th, our sports > Baseball, football, basketball, etc, and the history of these.

When I talk to immigrants (in Spanish), they are oblivious to all this. They watch Spanish TV, read Spanish newspapers (which report about Mexico, Cuba, etc), watch soccer (instead of baseball & American football), and never heard of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bob Hope, Pawn Stars, George Washington, Eisenhower, Babe Ruth, or the word "Quarterback"

No comprende, vato loco.

Orale, hombre...David Ortiz y Fernando Valenzuela.

So that's all they care about ? Their foreign, Hispanic idols ?

There are very few Americans left in America. Start asking people if they are Americans. A person might well make Kung Pow tacos for dinner, but when you ask them if they are Americans, you will get a quick answer "I'm Chinese". People do not identify as Americans. They identify with where their ethnicity hails from. Because they identify with foreign countries, that's where their loyalty lies. In the main, it doesn't matter. Only when it comes to voting does it matter. The Chinese will vote for whatever candidate will benefit China. Mexicans vote for those who would benefit Mexico.

That entire post was absolute bullshit from a fool who doesn't understand the first thing about America or Americans. All readers are advised to disregard.

Perhaps what the OP is asking: Is there any such thing as Nationality anymore, and if so, who or what defines it...? What should be a simple question is becoming hazy. Perhaps that's good, or perhaps not. Globalism is supplanting national identity. No more immigration laws, no more borders. No illegal immigrants, either...

Last edited:
Perhaps what the OP is asking: Is there isn't any such thing as Nationality anymore, and if so, who or what defines it...? What should be a simple question is becoming hazy. Perhaps that's good, or perhaps not. Globalism is supplanting national identity. No more immigration laws, no more borders. No illegal immigrants, either...

It might work IF no nation maintained borders. They do and most other nations have some interest in promoting national loyalty among its people. The United States does not. We are more interested, as a country, in encouraging foreign people to keep ties to their former home and strengthen those ties. To be "American" is to be nationalistic and that we discourage.

Perhaps what the OP is asking: Is there isn't any such thing as Nationality anymore, and if so, who or what defines it...? What should be a simple question is becoming hazy. Perhaps that's good, or perhaps not. Globalism is supplanting national identity. No more immigration laws, no more borders. No illegal immigrants, either...

It might work IF no nation maintained borders. They do and most other nations have some interest in promoting national loyalty among its people. The United States does not. We are more interested, as a country, in encouraging foreign people to keep ties to their former home and strengthen those ties. To be "American" is to be nationalistic and that we discourage.

That is more bullshit fit to be ignored.

Now that we have different groups of people rushing into our great nation and simply increasing the unemployment rate for our fellow americans, I ask you brethren... Are we truly America? Now that we have the Chinese coming and practically owning America for our immense debt, it seems that we are now Chinese America. Not to mention also the American food with an ethnic flavor, like tacos and orange chicken, we must realize that now we are not true americans. We must increase immigration regulation in order for this nation to remain American. All hail the true America!
this Country has had ethnic food here for quite some time....where the fuck have you been?....

Absolutely right. A "nation" whose culture erodes away by the influx of immigrants, is no longer a nation.

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

we are a nation of immigrants and have been since after 1492 and even before. The point is legal or illegal immigrant and please have something to offer and not just take and take. Legalization of 11 million illegal aliens is creating another lower class of humans we have to subsidize as we already are doing. What culture are you talking about? Whites destroyed the native american culture. America means White to most Americans.

I'm talking about the culture of America. That is first off, the English language. Secondly, our Constitution and laws. Third, our history. Fourth our arts, which to most Americans depends on your age group. For older people, they remember lots of entertainers who are now long gone >> Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, etc.
They also recall singers like Bing Crosby and Rudy Vallee. For me, it's a mixture of American and British music > the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, etc and TV shows like Kojak, Hawaii 5-0, the Honeymooners, All In the Family, Married without Children, Saturday Night Live, and newer shows like Pawn Stars, Caught on Camera, and the cable news shows like Fox, CNN, HLN, and MSNBC. And 5th, our sports > Baseball, football, basketball, etc, and the history of these.

When I talk to immigrants (in Spanish), they are oblivious to all this. They watch Spanish TV, read Spanish newspapers (which report about Mexico, Cuba, etc), watch soccer (instead of baseball & American football), and never heard of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bob Hope, Pawn Stars, George Washington, Eisenhower, Babe Ruth, or the word "Quarterback"
and never heard of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan

the Stones are British.....and i just seen a documentary of the World tour Iron Maiden was on...S.America is one of their most popular spots.....so yea the Stones?.....try Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and other more modern hard rock bands.....the Stones died in 1975....

Bob Hope?.....lots of kids today dont know who he is.....

Pawn Stars?......seriously?.....

Babe Ruth....try a more modern player.....lots of little kids today dont know who he is.....

George Washington, Eisenhower.
.....some American high school kids dont even know who those guys are.....

and you will vote for anyone who benefits you.....its hard to identify with a Country many have never been too......the Mexican guys i worked with did not give a shit about Mexico....and the Filipinos guys said they did not care about the Philippines....like one guy said.....i live here,not there.....

And yet you use a picture of Gen. Eisenhower for your avatar and his grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

So what ? My maternal grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany and Denmark. My mother was born in Denmark. And my paternal grandparents immigrated from Central America. So ?

As for Eisenhower, his main claim to fame regarding immigration was that he put a stop to it, much more so than any other US president, with Operation Wetback in 1954, when his immigration agents went house to house in southwestern states hunting down illegal aliens, arresting them, and deporting them. Huge numbers more of them fled back to Mexico, on their own. Laugh that off.

it was a lot easier to do back then with a few hundred thousand of them.....try that now with the millions that are here now....

That entire post was absolute bullshit from a fool who doesn't understand the first thing about America or Americans. All readers are advised to disregard.

and she claims to live in Cal....she knows as much about the people around her as she does about Pot.....not much....

We fear the NSA snooping, and the loss of privacy...Well, I see that privacy is akin to the idea of Nationality. Nations are artificial concepts like privacy. If we don't demand respect for either, we won't have either, it will be dictated to us by some wealthy elitists, the so called 1%. That is were globalism is leading us, friends.

the Stones are British.....and i just seen a documentary of the World tour Iron Maiden was on...S.America is one of their most popular spots.....so yea the Stones?.....try Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and other more modern hard rock bands.....the Stones died in 1975....

Babe Ruth....try a more modern player.....lots of little kids today dont know who he is.....

Projectionist takes his fear and ignorance, mixes them well, and makes a batch of bullshit. He then tries to insist that his asinine nonsense and obvious lies somehow represent reality.

He's not all there.

it was a lot easier to do back then with a few hundred thousand of them.....try that now with the millions that are here now....

And don't forget that 'operation' ended up illegally deporting a significant number of US citizens. Unacceptable.

As I stated in the post >> our arts, which to most Americans, depends on your age group. For older people, they remember lots of entertainers who are now long gone >> Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, etc. And our culture is also HISTORY, for which time has no bearing. Thus, Babe Ruth, George Washington, Eisenhower are all subjects that should be known by even schoolkids as young as 10. If they don't, it's only because of educational failures. These people, and what they did, are all still part of the American culture, whether teachers have their heads up their asses or not.

As for the Rolling Stones, they're British. So what ? So is the English language. Both are major parts of American culture, as are the Beatles, Judas Priest, and many others in the arts.

And the Stones died in 1975 ? HA HA HA. Not hardly. The Stones performed in the US Super Bowl just a few years ago, and they still perform NOW in 2014, across Asia, Australia and New Zealand following a mammoth run of concerts in the U.S and the U.K in 2013. They are 2014, and as modern as anybody. And I just learned a couple of cool Stones songs on my guitar > 19th Nervous Breakdown and Jumpin' Jack Flash. Next, I'll learn Honky Tonk Women and Satisfaction (I already play Wild Horses, Ruby Tuesday, and You Can't Always Get What You Want).

As for Judas Priest, they're not exactly brand new. I played some of their songs with my old band, back in the 70's and early 80s >(You Got Another Thing Coming, Breakin the Law, Livin After Midnight)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back