Are we living through the French Revolution now ??

What about the fake witch trials against anyone related to Trump ???

What about the 575 leftist riots that was manipulated by the elites

What about white males being “decapated” out of existence
Similar but the French Revolution was far more bloody than we have here. At least so far. We still might get there. It took a dictator to end "the troubles". We might need one to end ours.

If the truth be told, we're more in a pre-Hitler Weimar Republic

^^^This. Hitler and his Party had an easy time recruiting college students in the 1920's for his anti-Jewish crusades for one similarity to the Democratic Party's modern 'policies'. Germany was in a wave of 'intellectual enlightenment' and 'rationalism' was all the rage. 'Science' was going to solve all problems. Like I've said many times, 'the 'rationalists' all rely on mass murders and police states to solve their economic and social problems. right or left wing are distinctions without a difference.

The current state of things in USA is vastly similar to the days of the French Revolution jn many way. My opinion

I have been thinking about this

Few things : in both eras you have times of immoral degeneracy along with bankruptcy.

In both eras : you have predetermined kangaroo courts.

In Fra they took your head but in the USA they destroy your career and reputation

Finally and most importantly, you have an elite class using uneducated peasants to seize power and radically change a country
Quasi-yes.

You’ve been thinking about it?

The huge overblown extravagant and decadent monarchy played a big part. Totally out of touch with the population it ruled over; have you seen Les Miserables?

I never understood how Franklin could suck up to it in order to gain support for a war against another monarchial institution.

The current state of things in USA is vastly similar to the days of the French Revolution jn many way. My opinion

Few things : in both eras you have times of immoral degeneracy along with bankruptcy.

In Fra they took your head but in the USA they destroy your career and reputation

Finally and most importantly, you have an elite class using uneducated peasants to seize power and radically change a country
Two things suggest the opposite.

Deaths of Despair
in 2022 more than 200,000 people died from alcohol, drugs or suicide, equivalent to a Boeing 747 falling out of the sky every day with no survivors.

AND

Japan's example of where our demographic decline and family breakdown leads
Kodokushi (孤独死) or lonely death is a Japanese phenomenon of people dying alone and remaining undiscovered for a long period of time. First described in the 1980s, kodokushi has become an increasing problem in Japan, attributed to economic troubles and Japan's increasingly elderly population.

So both things factor in the explanation that it is perversion and abortion's effect on family disintegration that manifests itself in religious decline and NOT the opposite.

"
How the West Really Lost God: A New Theory of Secularism
Mary Eberstadt
Templeton Press 2013

In this magisterial work, cultural critic Mary Eberstadt delivers a powerful new theory about the decline of religion in the Western world. The conventional wisdom is that the West first experienced religious decline, followed by the decline of the family. Eberstadt turns this standard account on its head. Marshalling an impressive array of research, from fascinating historical data on family decline in pre-Revolutionary France to contemporary popular culture both in the United States and Europe, Eberstadt shows that the reverse has also been true: the undermining of the family has further undermined Christianity itself."

You’ve been thinking about it?

The huge overblown extravagant and decadent monarchy played a big part. Totally out of touch with the population it ruled over; have you seen Les Miserables?

I never understood how Franklin could suck up to it in order to gain support for a war against another monarchial institution.
You are correct: You never understood.
But the difference is HUGE.
We were not pushing for new rights we were asking for rights we'd had for 150 years to be again acknowledged.

I think the roor cause of this lack of understanding is the common false belief that there was one relatively monolithic Enlightenment.

The Roads to Modernity: The British, French, and American Enlightenments
by Gertrude Himmelfarb

They beat the Brits here; all we could do was stall for a few years until the French showed up en masse at Yorktown. Franklin got a lot of supplies and gold from them. Later on we showed our gratitude by sucking up to the Brits again, except for Jefferson; the Federalists were pro-Brit and anti-Revolution.

The French Declaration of Rights

When the first rumors of political change in France reached American shores in 1789, the U.S. public was largely enthusiastic. Americans hoped for democratic reforms that would solidify the existing Franco-American alliance and transform France into a republican ally against aristocratic and monarchical Britain. However, with revolutionary change also came political instability, violence, and calls for radical social change in France that frightened many Americans. American political debate over the nature of the French Revolution exacerbated pre-existing political divisions and resulted in the alignment of the political elite along pro-French and pro-British lines. Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson became the leader of the pro-French Democratic-Republican Party that celebrated the republican ideals of the French Revolution. Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton led the Federalist Party, which viewed the Revolution with skepticism and sought to preserve existing commercial ties with Great Britain. With the two most powerful members of his cabinet locked in opposition, President George Washington tried to strike a balance between the two.

From 1790 to 1794, the French Revolution became increasingly radical. After French King Louis XVI was tried and executed on January 21, 1793, war between France and monarchal nations Great Britain and Spain was inevitable. These two powers joined Austria and other European nations in the war against Revolutionary France that had already started in 1791. The United States remained neutral, as both Federalists and Democratic-Republicans saw that war would lead to economic disaster and the possibility of invasion. This policy was made difficult by heavy-handed British and French actions. The British harassed neutral American merchant ships, while the French Government dispatched a controversial Minister to the United States, Edmond-Charles Genêt, whose violations of the American neutrality policy embroiled the two countries in the Citizen Genêt Affair until his recall in 1794.

Basically we just let Louis 16 swinging in the wind instead of supporting him.

Last edited:
They beat the Brits here; all we could do was stall for a few years until the French showed up en masse at Yorktown. Franklin got a lot of supplies and gold from them. Later on we showed our gratitude by sucking up to the Brits again.

Be that as it may, the supply chain was the crucial thing as in all wars, my particular point was: crawling towards an opulent and extravagant institution for aid in getting rid of another. Although it was not so over the top as the French.

Where were the noble principles?

Be that as it may, the supply chain was the crucial thing as in all wars, my particular point was: crawling towards an opulent and extravagant institution for aid in getting rid of another. Although it was not so over the top as the French.

Where were the noble principles?

He wasn't stupid, he realized full well we would get stomped without French interference and supply. He played off Brits against France, the two super powers of the day. The large contingent of Brits who supported the colonials in Parliament helped, too.

Our leading exports were lumber and furs at the time. We couldn't even make most of our own rifles, much less cannon.

I consider it more similar to the decline of the Western Roman Empire.

The elites are more akin to the Bourbon Monarchy than to the Jacobins/Girondists of the French revolution, as the moral decay is coming from our current "rulers".

That and our "underclass" is probably one of the most wealthy underclasses that has ever existed in history.

Forum List

Back