Are We Going To Become Multi-planetary Or Will God End It All Before Then?

Will Humans Become Multi-Planetary And If So Where Will They Go?

• No, Jesus will end it all with his Second Coming

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, there will be an extinction event such as large asteroid impact or AGW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I think Mars is most like Earth and we can go live there

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, I think the moon will be made habitable

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes, I think we'll discover another planet to colonize like one of Jupiter's moons Europa

• Yes, we'll discover intelligent aliens and they'll help us colonize by giving up nukes (sci-fi)

• No, we won't find a suitable planet or not have the technology to get there

• No, just accept there is no place like home or Mother Earth

• I don't know

• I don't care

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (please explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
This topic may have to do with science since Jeff Bezos is the latest billionaire with a space company and most boldest with his predictions. He is the founder of Blue Origin and one to have a vision of a Noah's Ark for humans and animals to get off the planet Earth. He just bought the most expensive house on the planet Earth, so he does have the resources to put something like his multi-planetary ideas into motion. His vision is "A Trillion Humans in the Solar System (read the link below)."

When I was younger, I thought that humans would become multi-planetary because they are ingenious enough to build a space craft to get us to some planet that would be like the planet Earth. However, we found there isn't another planet, exoplanet, or moon like the planet Earth. It was the atheist scientists studying the big bang and trying to explain it who discovered the fine tuning parameters, but have since disavowed it and have put it in the category of forbidden science since it goes against evolution. The parameters are only pointed out by the Christians now, so that's part of the reason why I put this under Religion and Ethics.

What is fine tuning?

I think it was Elon Musk who first said in 2017 that 'If we stay on earth forever, “there will be some eventual extinction event.” His idea is to go colonize Mars. Maybe he thinks the Earth will become extinct by way of global warming. This extinction seems to be getting to be ridiculous science as more people do not believe in it anymore. It could be that Musk thinks a large asteroid will hit the Earth in the future. Anyway, he wants to be multi-planetary for survival purposes.

Elon Musk thinks life on earth will go extinct, and is putting most of his fortune toward colonizing Mars

However, Jeff Bezos does not agree with Musk and thinks Earth is the best place to live because of the information we've gotten from probes that Earthlings have sent out. He seems to think there is some truth to the fine tuning parameters. His idea is to get humans used to traveling in space and get more people to the moon and live at its pole. He has ideas which sound like terra forming or making the moon more habitable for people. At least, the people would not have to travel as far as Mars and if things go wrong, then they can return to Earth. I think it's another way for him to expand amazon as they would probably be the ones delivering packages and survival needs to people on the moon. I can see it now -- heck, the Earth is too expensive now, so living on the moon will be much cheaper, plus if you add Prime, then you'll get free delivery.

Jeff Bezos' Vision: 'A Trillion Humans in the Solar System' | Space

Finally, there is God's word and he prophecized that humans will go extinct by the second coming of Jesus. This will be the end of the world and every person who ever lived will see and be convinced that Jesus is the savior. I think this will be the extinction event of all extinction events that the Christians wait for. I doubt humans will get very far trying to get off Earth and avoid it.

What Does the Bible Say About Savior?

What do you think will happen? Will God be right? Will humans become multi-planetary and show God doesn't exist or he'll have to work harder to make them extinct? Or will there be an extinction event like a large asteroid impact or AGW and we have to become multi-planetary for natural survival reasons?

I added a poll where you can post multiple answers and change your answers, but please try to be consistent.

You can check out any time.....but you can never leave

:auiqs.jpg:, but apparently you can still make a lot of money for the time being.

Trump did talk about investing in a space station going around the moon and has replaced the head of NASA with his own person:

'The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is asking Congress for a $25.2 billion budget next year, a 12% increase from last year that will likely be a boon for companies across the space industry.

NASA’s request represents a “bigger than expected increase” to its budget, Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas wrote in a note to investors on Tuesday, with significant implications.

“The pace of development of the space economy is a function of interaction between private investment, government/policy support and public awareness,” Jonas said.

NASA got $22.6 billion from Congress for fiscal year 2020 and its increased request stems largely from the agency’s goal of fulfilling President Donald Trump’s directive to land astronauts on the moon by 2024 – known currently as the Artemis program."'

Space companies to win billions from NASA’s budget, including SpaceX, Blue Origin, Maxar & more
Space companies to win billions from NASA's budget, including SpaceX, Blue Origin, Maxar & more

We will spread out to the other planet as soon as we discover something profitable like gold on them.

Oh yeah almost forgot. No supernatural force will end it all.

I believe humans will set foot on Mars, have a look see, exploit whatever is possible.

Though Robert Zubrin's dream of colonizing, as well as establishing a human friendly atmosphere on Mars is a pipe dream.

Frankly, I'd like to see lots of cash being thrown at preventing the biggest imminent threat to mankind...a Texas size asteroid.

146248.jpg

Peace ♥

I believe the rich can build a small hotel in space now with those inflatable modules. Its just the risk assessment that is challenging.

Far as I am concerned, this vastness is there for us to explore.
Seems totally pointless otherwise to create this giant cosmos.
Might as well made Earth itself a closed universe much like our primitive ancestors believed it was.
If this God created us in his own image, he put the will in humanity to explore and spread. Can't just shut that off that will to expand at our atmosphere.
He don't like it, then He will send that asteroid.

there is no god to end anything --plain and simple
..sure--god made BILLIONS of planets and galaxies that we can't even see and none of them are like Earth-----hahahahhahahahahahhahahha

odd they haven't made an atomic engine yet - not looking good for spacetravel without one ...

no divinity in space or there would be an atmosphere to make travel - worth while, adventuresome.

We will spread out to the other planet as soon as we discover something profitable like gold on them

It would have to be for something much more valuable than gold. It costs $2000 to take one KG into low earth orbit. It costs $15,000 per KG to take something to Mars.

If a huge asteroid made entirely of gold were to be discovered, the cost of recovering it would not be recouped by bringing it to Earth. Additionally, the introduction of a large amount of gold from outer space into the global economy would cause the market price of gold to plummet.

If we ever do go deep into space, it will be for something wholly other than resources that can be found on Earth.

Last edited:
Until we get teleportation, I ain't goin' nowhere.

Like Yeager said, "SPAM-in-a-can."

As the lone other vote (so far), I should explain. Becoming multi-planetary is a snare of the deceiver which we will fall for at colossal expense. As with all snares of the deceiver, it will end tragically. God gave us dominion here. We have no dominion anywhere else.

As the lone other vote (so far), I should explain. Becoming multi-planetary is a snare of the deceiver which we will fall for at colossal expense. As with all snares of the deceiver, it will end tragically. God gave us dominion here. We have no dominion anywhere else.
God gave us dominion here. We have no dominion anywhere else.

just ignore that book and everything will be ok.

praise be to spacetravel, at least in the longrun wherever there is an interplanetary colony there will not be any christians, muslims or jews ...

Hate to break it to you but the local Solar System is a giant Penal System. We were once a Space and Star Faring Race but proved to be much to violent so we were stripped of everything and dropped onto Earth so see if we could mend our ways. So we started all over with no record of the past. And guess what, we are still as blood thirsty, violent and greedy as before. That life ending Meteor just might be an aimed huge Rock by the other races to end it all for us.

There is a reason why the Radiation level is too high to sustain life outside of the Earths atmosphere. WE are landlocked.

LIFE ENDING METEOR 2020 that one person uses as a tag might be the kindest thing we could do to the earth and the other forms of life on this planet.

In our Solar System the reality is for us to find another planet or moon to live on that will give us what Earth has produced will be almost impossible.

Also if and when we get to Mars what if we discover we had lived there before and the reason why we left is the same reason why we are exploring for new planets?

Same for Venus?

As for leaving the Solar System, well we lack the ability to even get to Mars and the resources to do a intergalactic space travel is beyond our ability at this time...

So we are stuck here boys and girls and if Space Alien Chimps come by for a visit just understand I side with Hawking theory that if we are visited from Space they are here to kill us and take over the planet...

Forum List

Back