Are we getting the leaders we deserve?

That's what happens when you have a "representative republic" instead of democracy.

NO!! that is what we get when the media runs this country rather than "we the people", there is nothing wrong with our "representative republic" IF we can keep the media under control. :up:

democracy is nothing but mob rule, which is what we are experiencing right now!! :up:

The whole premise of a "republic" is that direct democracy is dangerous. The Founding fathers were very much worried about a direct democracy.

Should they have been?
Considering that we have Trump, Cruz, and Hillary as candidates....yeah.

Ironically for you, it looks as if Trump would win a direct election. Only the representatives can keep him out through the delegate process.

Equally funny, is the fact that Hillary won the popular vote in her own party but they anointed Obama instead.

Democracy is all well and good until you experience something like this.

I think there are millions of us who have worked hard all our lives, kept ourselves out of trouble, raised good families who are doing the same. We deserve leaders who want to make America great again.
Let me guess....you really think Trump is going to make America great...what a moron.

I think there are millions of us who have worked hard all our lives, kept ourselves out of trouble, raised good families who are doing the same. We deserve leaders who want to make America great again.

Well that is just it. You are working as hard as you can to survive. It's all you have time for and you certainly don't have the money to throw into the political arena.

All you are left with is a gut feeling or partisan ideology to help influence your vote. Like most, you are an uninformed voter, through no fault of your own.

Let me guess....you really think Trump is going to make America great...what a moron.

It will be great for me.

I can't speak for anyone else.

That's what happens when you have a "representative republic" instead of democracy.

NO!! that is what we get when the media runs this country rather than "we the people", there is nothing wrong with our "representative republic" IF we can keep the media under control. :up:

democracy is nothing but mob rule, which is what we are experiencing right now!! :up:

The whole premise of a "republic" is that direct democracy is dangerous. The Founding fathers were very much worried about a direct democracy.

Should they have been?
Considering that we have Trump, Cruz, and Hillary as candidates....yeah.

Ironically for you, it looks as if Trump would win a direct election. Only the representatives can keep him out through the delegate process.

Equally funny, is the fact that Hillary won the popular vote in her own party but they anointed Obama instead.

Democracy is all well and good until you experience something like this.

Trump can't win the White House with only 25% of the electorate. Even half of the cons are against him. The other 75% would vote just to keep Trump out...even if it means putting in...yuck...I just can't say it.

Good people DON'T get into politics. The worst among us get into politics. That has been the case for decades.

So should "good" people get into politics or is that not possible for them to succeed?

Ben Carson comes to mind. The poor soul looked like a deer caught in head lights through the whole political process. He then later endorsed a man who once compared him to a pedophile in order to obtain votes from him.

Very bizarre.
Good people should get into politics, but unless the process is changed this will not happen. To clarify, I am talking about national politics. There are good and bad involved in local politics and of course, there are exceptions even at the national level. But by an large, scumbags are attracted to politics so naturally scumbags predominant. As the money to made in politics continues to increase, it will only get worse.

The American people should KNOW that their politicians are liars, thieves, and criminals for the most part..but they don't. They want to believe that pols are just like them. How they could believe this is beyond me.

Of course, the media makes it all a circus and is looking for dirt...and will make up dirt if necessary. So, why would a good person want that? Add in all the dirty tricks the pols play on each other and you have a real messed up thing.

A good example of this is what happened to Obama's senatorial opponent in Illinois.

Personally I'd settle "leaders" that are honest and competent enough to "Make America suck less than it does now", of course none of the current contenders fit the bill. :(

Don't call him a moron. He probably has no knowledge of clips like this

Now if he watches the clip and still votes for Trump......well....you may have an argument.

Trump once said that he could murder someone and still win the GOP nomination. I think he might be right.

everyonesucks.jpg

We're definitely getting the leaders we deserve. Folks have longed talked about the dumbing down of America, well with Hillary and Trump it doesn't get much dumber than that. On the role of the media, sure they play a part. Today "news" is treated as entertainment and our politicians are typecast by the media for simple understanding. Democrats are intelligent, Republicans are scrooges, all else are wackos. Fox News reverses the roles and makes it even simpler: conservatives are smart and liberals are stupid. It's easy to see through if one doesn't fall trap to one side or the other.

Personally I'd settle "leaders" that are honest and competent enough to "Make America suck less than it does now", of course none of the current contenders fit the bill. :(

People are just desperate for a better tomorrow, so all they know to do is vote for another party because they know the direction the country is headed is down.

Yes. We are getting the leaders we deserve. The voters need to change, not the politicians. What I'm saying is nothing will change until voters become more educated on the issues, stop playing partisan politics and actually hold politicians accountable. Until then voters deserve what they get. Of course this election season has only amplified this notion. Neither Trump nor Hillary have any business leading their primaries for many reasons. Trump's comments on women are well known and Hillary is married to the poster child that treated women like garbage. But voters will still argue who is better for women, Trump or Hillary, while Kasich and Sanders stand on the sideline. Yes, American politics is a fucking disaster.

It will be great for me.

If you had the ability to add 2+2, you'd would know that Trump would start a trade war with his Wall, and start WWIII with his plan to invade Iran. You're not going to have a nice day in nuclear winter....You're not going to have a job either.

I think that what I see as an attraction to politics is that mostly it requires no special training. In local elections, it is more a power trip than anything else. Where or how else can a janitor get power except through being elected? Obama, no real experience for the job, yet got elected. Mrs. Tuzla is too experienced with the establishment, she should be shunned by the American people.

It will be great for me.

If you had the ability to add 2+2, you'd would know that Trump would start a trade war with his Wall, and start WWIII with his plan to invade Iran. You're not going to have a nice day in nuclear winter....You're not going to have a job either.

You are campaigning on fear. Trump will do no such thing. If anything he will do what helps American idustry he won't hurt it. Witness what Reagan did for Harley-Davidson. That didn't start a trade war. America is still the big dog, the world comes to America.

People are just desperate for a better tomorrow, so all they know to do is vote for another party because they know the direction the country is headed is down.

Uh-huh, IMHO American Politicians should come with warning labels rather than party labels;

1.) Warning! the asshole wearing this label couldn't tell the truth to save his/her life
2.) Warning! voting for the prick wearing this label is just begging to be disappointed
3.) Warning! any promises this miscreant makes during the campaign will be null and void once he/she gets elected
........:D

It will be great for me.

You are campaigning on fear. Trump will do no such thing. If anything he will do what helps American idustry he won't hurt it. Witness what Reagan did for Harley-Davidson. That didn't start a trade war. America is still the big dog, the world comes to America.

He forgot to add that global warming will cause the sky to fall if Trump is elected.

That is pretty much all Dims can do, create fear and panic for voting for the GOP. It's not like they can prop up Hillary to make her likable.

Imagine, if you will, a populace that realizes that neither party is different. Where would they obtain their support? Or, imagine politics where everyone was treated the same. Why would people throw their money at them? Who would bother to even vote if you knew that your vote was meaningless in changing the status quo? No, politics is all about dividing and conquering, so it should be no surprise that the country is as divided as it is. Essentially it is the bread and butter of those in office, much like how Obama gave exemptions to his union buddies regarding Obamacare.

Well that is just it. You are working as hard as you can to survive. It's all you have time for and you certainly don't have the money to throw into the political arena.

All you are left with is a gut feeling or partisan ideology to help influence your vote. Like most, you are an uninformed voter, through no fault of your own.

I'm an elected party official.
I've run for office.
I've run campaigns for others to get elected.
My Congressman, who I helped get elected, has his District office one floor above mine.

I hardly think I'm uninformed.

Forum List

Back