Are these Jews Christians?

Are they Jews or Christians?

• Total voters
Someone who knows both religions. They aren't compatible, if they were they wouldn't have had Jesus killed.

Romans killed jesus. Jews can follow jewish laws, holy days and traditions. Jews attend synagogue. Jews can also believe in Jesus as both man or something more. There are even rabbis that believe jesus is the messiah. That does not mean they are christian that believe in the divinity of jesus, that he rose from the dead, descended to hell or ascended to heaven to sit as part of the trinity. They don't have to take communion or observe the text or dictates of the roman or christian church to believe in the teachings of jesus. Jesus was from the house of david, was circumcised, taught the torah, observed the passover, prayed at the temple, was annointed, was a leader of jewish and non jewish people.

Christians used to attend synagogue for the first hundred years after jesus death. Jews are not stuck down if they enter a christian church or even read the NT or any other religious text.

People can call themselves what ever they want. They can believe in elements of more than one school of thought. They can find their own common ground or make up their own beliefs.

There are infinite shades of grey and colors. Not everything is black or white.

Do people who don't believe go to hell? As a cherry picker you should say no.

I think people create their own hell out of their own guilt. Actual punishment after death should be the purview of god if you commit a crime against god. A crime against a state or man is subject to the laws and punishment of the country.
I don't know what happens after death. I don't know what god/he/she/it thinks or does. I can make my own conclusions of what I want or think might happen. When we die perhaps we will find out. If there is nothing after death, oh well.
I have studied a number of faiths trying to understand people. I see similarities among many faiths and the natural progression of religion. I don't have to agree or believe in any one to come to my own conclusions. Our actions against man are accountable here on earth. People write laws for society to live by. We are judged by our peers according to those laws. What happens to our souls would fall into the category of god not man.
It does not much matter what I believe will happen. It matters what each person believes will or should happen to them. It matters what they believe god will do. I care more about what happens here.

Your actions are also accountable in the hereafter...actions against man, and against God. We are judged by our peers..but we will also be judged by God. Whether or not you believe it, it will happen. And caring more about what happens here is a fatal and eternal mistake, my friend. Here is just a tiny blip on the radar of eternity.
This one not only wants life, she wants an after-life, as if this one doesn't actually matter because eternity awaits. What a way to spit in God's eye and reject the gift he already gave you, life. For the Christians that is not enough.

What on earth are you babbling about? Do you even know? Perhaps you shouldn't hit the bong the first thing in the am.

Romans killed jesus. Jews can follow jewish laws, holy days and traditions. Jews attend synagogue. Jews can also believe in Jesus as both man or something more. There are even rabbis that believe jesus is the messiah. That does not mean they are christian that believe in the divinity of jesus, that he rose from the dead, descended to hell or ascended to heaven to sit as part of the trinity. They don't have to take communion or observe the text or dictates of the roman or christian church to believe in the teachings of jesus. Jesus was from the house of david, was circumcised, taught the torah, observed the passover, prayed at the temple, was annointed, was a leader of jewish and non jewish people.

Christians used to attend synagogue for the first hundred years after jesus death. Jews are not stuck down if they enter a christian church or even read the NT or any other religious text.

People can call themselves what ever they want. They can believe in elements of more than one school of thought. They can find their own common ground or make up their own beliefs.

There are infinite shades of grey and colors. Not everything is black or white.

I think people create their own hell out of their own guilt. Actual punishment after death should be the purview of god if you commit a crime against god. A crime against a state or man is subject to the laws and punishment of the country.
I don't know what happens after death. I don't know what god/he/she/it thinks or does. I can make my own conclusions of what I want or think might happen. When we die perhaps we will find out. If there is nothing after death, oh well.
I have studied a number of faiths trying to understand people. I see similarities among many faiths and the natural progression of religion. I don't have to agree or believe in any one to come to my own conclusions. Our actions against man are accountable here on earth. People write laws for society to live by. We are judged by our peers according to those laws. What happens to our souls would fall into the category of god not man.
It does not much matter what I believe will happen. It matters what each person believes will or should happen to them. It matters what they believe god will do. I care more about what happens here.

Your actions are also accountable in the hereafter...actions against man, and against God. We are judged by our peers..but we will also be judged by God. Whether or not you believe it, it will happen. And caring more about what happens here is a fatal and eternal mistake, my friend. Here is just a tiny blip on the radar of eternity.
This one not only wants life, she wants an after-life, as if this one doesn't actually matter because eternity awaits. What a way to spit in God's eye and reject the gift he already gave you, life. For the Christians that is not enough.

What on earth are you babbling about? Do you even know? Perhaps you shouldn't hit the bong the first thing in the am.
To dismiss what I just said means you have no capacity for higher-level thinking. That is common in the Christians, and all other religious faiths.

To dismiss what I just said means you have no capacity for higher-level thinking. That is common in the Christians, and all other religious faiths.

You don't deal in higher thinking, you moron. You deal in bigotry and ignorance. You peddle it like it's Good n Plenty.

You don't deal in higher thinking, you moron. You deal in bigotry and ignorance. You peddle it like it's Good n Plenty.
Case in point. When you are presented with an obvious truth, God gave you life so why is that not good enough for you, why must you seek an after-life as well, you fall back on partisan name-calling.

You're obsessed with what others believe...
Yes, I am, because what most people believe, like you, is utter bullshit, and it's utter bullshit that destroys lives and life itself in the end. What you and most other believe is evil, period.

Yup. You're a loon.
No, I'm not a loon, and that scares you very much because when I tell you that what you believe are lies, you can't say, well, they might be, you can only say no they aren't, that's not possible because my whole life I've been told what I believe is true.

Saying there is no God is like saying there is no gravity just because you personally can not explain it.

Yes, I am, because what most people believe, like you, is utter bullshit, and it's utter bullshit that destroys lives and life itself in the end. What you and most other believe is evil, period.
Why does it matter to you? Are you looking to justify your atheism to yourself?
No, I'm looking at what it takes to get the Children of God to stop slaughtering each other, in the name of their Gods. While humanity is a disease, I would like it not to be that starts with undoing the nonsense they believe to be truth, which is nothing of the kind.

Yup. You're a loon.

The Politically Correct term is "Troll". They don't like to be called loons any more.
I an neither, you just hate what I have to say. It scares you.

Yup. You're a loon.

The Politically Correct term is "Troll". They don't like to be called loons any more.

Absolutely not, as demonstrated by the fact that I not only engage what you have to say, but destroy it. If I feared it, I would go out of my way to avoid it.

Yup. You're a loon.

Yes, people like you are creepy and scary. People like you made up the Nazi party.

Yup. You're a loon.

Yes, people like you are creepy and scary. People like you made up the Nazi party.

You normally find them living under bridges, trying to charge people tolls to cross.

Yup. You're a loon.

People like me were at the top, you were at the bottom, waving the flags and thinking how great life was.

Yup. You're a loon.

You normally find them living under bridges, trying to charge people tolls to cross.
It is no shock to me that for you life is a fairy-tale.

Yup. You're a loon.

People like me were at the top, you were at the bottom, waving the flags and thinking how great life was.

I know. Nazi pigs. It was great till the people like you got caught and hung for being the disgusting criminals they were.

Yup. You're a loon.

It is no shock to me that for you life is a fairy-tale.

How's the view from under the bridge?

Forum List

Back