Are these Jews Christians?

Are they Jews or Christians?

• Total voters
Been there, done that...and what you say couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Christian and at this point, all the mocking in the world wont change that.
I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.
Yes, which means good old dad was probably either a mason or a cabinetmaker, but he was a farmer: Matthew 13 - The Parable of the Sower - That same - Bible Gateway

IOW, Jesus knew the people of His day and how to relate to them. Good for Him.
Of course he did. He was a man of the and, like they were. That's why it's all about seeds, and fields, and seasons, etc. Farmer talk.

I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.
Yes, which means good old dad was probably either a mason or a cabinetmaker, but he was a farmer: Matthew 13 - The Parable of the Sower - That same - Bible Gateway

All the people of a small town worked in the fields for planting and harvest. An area was also left for the poor to be able to gather their own food.
Knowledge of farming would have been wide spread.
That doesn't change the fact that he was a farmer. There's not a nail or hammer in his teachings, that is until he gets his naked ass nailed to a cross.

I am a data architect. I know that 99%+ of the people I talk to are not data architects. Most of the people I come into contact with, however, are in a handful of fields. When I relate to them, I don't talk data architecture. Jesus knew His audience. His, and Joseph's profession is irrelevant.

Of course he did. He was a man of the and, like they were. That's why it's all about seeds, and fields, and seasons, etc. Farmer talk.

Well, except for all the fishing talk. Are you SURE He wasn't a fisherman, too?

All the people of a small town worked in the fields for planting and harvest. An area was also left for the poor to be able to gather their own food.
That doesn't change the fact that he was a farmer. There's not a nail or hammer in his teachings, that is until he gets his naked ass nailed to a cross.
There is an asshole sitting at my bar right now that is slightly more disrespectful than you, but he spends money here. What is your redeeming value?
I'm seriously fucking smart, and unlike nearly all humans, I see the forest for the trees.

If you have to tell people you're smart, there's a good chance you're compensating for something.

Yep, but he hung out with them. And you've yet to explain no hammers, saws, nails, boards, etc.? Pretty standard discussion for a Carpenter eh, unless of course you're a farmer.

There is an asshole sitting at my bar right now that is slightly more disrespectful than you, but he spends money here. What is your redeeming value?
I'm seriously fucking smart, and unlike nearly all humans, I see the forest for the trees.

Another Prometheus? I doubt it.
Doubt away. If all humans thought as I did we wouldn't have these issues, we'd have other better ones.

Like no humans to think like you.

Yep, but he hung out with them. And you've yet to explain no hammers, saws, nails, boards, etc.? Pretty standard discussion for a Carpenter eh, unless of course you're a farmer.

Again, irrelevant.

If you have to tell people you're smart, there's a good chance you're compensating for something.
I don't, he asked. And unlike you people I answer questions, and I answer them honestly.

Another Prometheus? I doubt it.
Doubt away. If all humans thought as I did we wouldn't have these issues, we'd have other better ones.

Like no humans to think like you.
No humans would make for a very sane planet, and save a lot of other species.

Again, irrelevant.
No, it isn't. It's common sense, as well as another Biblical misunderstanding. People talk about their work. Jesus never talks about being a carpenter, he talks like a farmer because that's what he was.

Again, irrelevant.
No, it isn't. It's common sense, as well as another Biblical misunderstanding. People talk about their work. Jesus never talks about being a carpenter, he talks like a farmer because that's what he was.

He talked about farming and fishing because that's what most of His audience would understand the best. You still haven't managed to make the case that it's even relevant to anything.

Again, irrelevant.

His work was as a rabbi teaching and healing the people he met. Why would he talk wood instead of god? How many other "carpenters" do you think came to listen to him? Not a major trade at the time. Many people cobbled together some of their own items with rocks rope and sand. Better pieces of any real value would be passed down. They did not have a disposable world like we do today. Everything was recycled and used many times through the generations.
Most of the real wood work was done by people from the north around what is today Lebanon. Many times in the bible tradesmen and wood came from that region.
Commoners, peasants, did not specialize in a trade like we do today. They were survivalists that could do for themselves many of the things required in their lives. From soil to table they did it all. When some married, built a home, etc., the whole community came together to prove some of the items they would need. They could not afford to buy think so they worked together to make and repair items. They would not likely have cabinets but rather boxes and baskets. Perhaps some begs or shelves, clay jars, a table, bench and maybe some platform for a straw and wool sleeping pad.
Cooking was a communal effort with one over, hot stone for bread and a fire for several pots of cooked food. Kitchens inside the houses were only for the rich. Much of the dies was raw or dried food. Water or pit acted like a refrigerator to keep food cool. Furniture as we know it was minimal at best.
What ever trade he might have learned from Joseph he did not use to speak to the people. In wine country, he spike of grapes. In farm country he spoke of grains. To fishermen he spoke of fish and nets. Mostly he spoke of treating others with kindness and of heaven.

Again, irrelevant.

He talked about farming and fishing because that's what most of His audience would understand the best. You still haven't managed to make the case that it's even relevant to anything.
You're whole life you've been told a lie, so you can't accept the obvious, people talk about their work.

Again, irrelevant.

You're whole life you've been told a lie, so you can't accept the obvious, people talk about their work.

As I stated about myself, I don't, because I know my audience will not understand it nor be interested in it. That's pretty obvious, if you're willing to think about it for a moment. It's still not relevant.

Forum List

Back