Are these Jews Christians?

Are they Jews or Christians?

• Total voters
When the Christians believe the Muslims are evil, and the Muslims believe the Christians are evil yes I do, since they both are. Only when you don't truly have faith, when you aren't a True-Believer, can you start on the path away from evil.

Been there, done that...and what you say couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Christian and at this point, all the mocking in the world wont change that.
I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.
Yes, which means good old dad was probably either a mason or a cabinetmaker, but he was a farmer: Matthew 13 - The Parable of the Sower - That same - Bible Gateway

All the people of a small town worked in the fields for planting and harvest. An area was also left for the poor to be able to gather their own food.
Knowledge of farming would have been wide spread.

Why does it matter to you? Are you looking to justify your atheism to yourself?
No, I'm looking at what it takes to get the Children of God to stop slaughtering each other, in the name of their Gods. While humanity is a disease, I would like it not to be that starts with undoing the nonsense they believe to be truth, which is nothing of the kind.
So, you can't answer my question? Fine.
That is the answer...
OK... You ARE trying to justify your atheism. Gotcha.
Agnosticism. Atheists are morons like Theists.
Agnosticism? In other words, you are afraid to deny the existence of a higher power in case there is one.
I'm willing to bet that when you hit your thumb with a hammer, you invoke God.

Agnostics are like moderates; too pussy-like to commit to an ideology.

No, I'm looking at what it takes to get the Children of God to stop slaughtering each other, in the name of their Gods. While humanity is a disease, I would like it not to be that starts with undoing the nonsense they believe to be truth, which is nothing of the kind.
So, you can't answer my question? Fine.
That is the answer...
OK... You ARE trying to justify your atheism. Gotcha.
Agnosticism. Atheists are morons like Theists.
Agnosticism? In other words, you are afraid to deny the existence of a higher power in case there is one.
I'm willing to bet that when you hit your thumb with a hammer, you invoke God.

Agnostics are like moderates; too pussy-like to commit to an ideology.
Being Agnostic is the only rational choice. There is no way to say that what isn't known to exist does exist, and there is no way to say that what isn't known doesn't.

Bisexuals are on the fence. Agnostics say, what fence?

Been there, done that...and what you say couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Christian and at this point, all the mocking in the world wont change that.
I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.
Yes, which means good old dad was probably either a mason or a cabinetmaker, but he was a farmer: Matthew 13 - The Parable of the Sower - That same - Bible Gateway

All the people of a small town worked in the fields for planting and harvest. An area was also left for the poor to be able to gather their own food.
That doesn't change the fact that he was a farmer. There's not a nail or hammer in his teachings, that is until he gets his naked ass nailed to a cross.

That doesn't change the fact that he was a farmer. There's not a nail or hammer in his teachings, that is until he gets his naked ass nailed to a cross.

Nails were exceeding rare. Dowels, rope or a sort of glue were used. Most nails of the time were too large for a craftsman.
By your logic jesus should have been a fisherman not a farmer. You are not helping yourself.

Nails were exceeding rare. Dowels, rope or a sort of glue were used. Most nails of the time were too large for a craftsman.
By your logic jesus should have been a fisherman not a farmer. You are not helping yourself.
I've read the Gospels, he was no craftsmen. And Peter and Andrew were fishermen, Come be fishers of men...

Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."…

I've read the Gospels, he was no craftsmen. And Peter and Andrew were fishermen, Come be fishers of men...

Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."…

Until the beginning of his ministry, Jesus and his brothers would have apprenticed for Joseph. Now you think Joseph was farmer? Sounds like you are confusing yourself.
As a craftsman he would have know the landscape, have traveled around the area and his family would even have been able to afford at least two trips to Jerusalem. As a farmer in Nazareth, unlikely.
Farming, making wine, oil and even sheering of sheep would have been a town effort. In coastal areas family and friends would gather to make or repair nets. Wool, homespun, baskets and to some extent rope making would have been more of a women's work, along with midwifery and basic healing. In the large towns and cities there were a wider selection of jobs and markets for the items the women made.
Nazareth was a tiny town at the time. Excavation of the area shows it was know for wine, oil and terrace farming for vegetables. Too rocky for fields of grain.

There is an asshole sitting at my bar right now that is slightly more disrespectful than you, but he spends money here. What is your redeeming value?

There is an asshole sitting at my bar right now that is slightly more disrespectful than you, but he spends money here. What is your redeeming value?
I'm seriously fucking smart, and unlike nearly all humans, I see the forest for the trees.

I'm seriously fucking smart, and unlike nearly all humans, I see the forest for the trees.

Another Prometheus? I doubt it.

Another Prometheus? I doubt it.
Doubt away. If all humans thought as I did we wouldn't have these issues, we'd have other better ones.

When the Christians believe the Muslims are evil, and the Muslims believe the Christians are evil yes I do, since they both are. Only when you don't truly have faith, when you aren't a True-Believer, can you start on the path away from evil.

IOW, Jesus knew the people of His day and how to relate to them. Good for Him.

Forum List

Back