Are these Jews Christians?

Are they Jews or Christians?

• Total voters
If you try to be a generally nice person most of the time, why would you have to worry about an afterlife? "Oh, no, I stepped on a worm!" If you go out with the intent to kill some out of anger.... well that is problematic.
I'll take my chance that if the balance of my life I tried not to harm others intentionally, then that will be heavier then any little sins someone might think I committed.
If there is a god, I don't believe he is so petty about every hair or toe out of place through a life time.

He's not petty at all. He requires people to be introspective, to be repentant, and to worship Him. Pretty basic requirements, but people have a tough time with them.

Well there are billions that don't "know or worship" the christian god and they live good lives and are nice loving helpful people. I think it more important how you behave than how your pray or in what direction, if you pray at all.

This life here is what matters. There might be nothing after death and lot of people will be seriously disappointed. If there is a god, I will be pleasantly surprised, without the worry and anguish in life over the question.

The life here is what matters to YOU.

And if there is a God, and you were to die right now..you would be surprised, but it wouldn't be pleasant, because you will have rejected Him, and he will send you to Hell.
As I said, pure unthinking dogma, but it makes you feel happy and secured, and more blessed than others.

And this is the only life you will ever have. Dead is dead. Enjoy it kiddo, it's all you've got.

What is sad is that you don't understand what thought consists of....or how much thought is involved in faith..or how much work it is to continually look critically at yourself and repent for your sins..and work hard not to repeat them.

You just hate. And that's sad. Also scary, because obviously you aren't quite right in the head.
In an insane world those who are sane look nuts to others. That's how it works. Faith is the mass insanity, that you self-righteously share.

He's not petty at all. He requires people to be introspective, to be repentant, and to worship Him. Pretty basic requirements, but people have a tough time with them.

Well there are billions that don't "know or worship" the christian god and they live good lives and are nice loving helpful people. I think it more important how you behave than how your pray or in what direction, if you pray at all.

This life here is what matters. There might be nothing after death and lot of people will be seriously disappointed. If there is a god, I will be pleasantly surprised, without the worry and anguish in life over the question.

And if there is a God, and you were to die right now..you would be surprised, but it wouldn't be pleasant, because you will have rejected Him, and he will send you to Hell.
As I said, pure unthinking dogma, but it makes you feel happy and secured, and more blessed than others.

And this is the only life you will ever have. Dead is dead. Enjoy it kiddo, it's all you've got.

What is sad is that you don't understand what thought consists of....or how much thought is involved in faith..or how much work it is to continually look critically at yourself and repent for your sins..and work hard not to repeat them.

You just hate. And that's sad. Also scary, because obviously you aren't quite right in the head.
In an insane world those who are sane look nuts to others. That's how it works. Faith is the mass insanity, that you self-righteously share.

No, you really are nuts.

No, you really are nuts.
You have no ability to judge little one. Start with your nickname, are Christians Kosher? No, that is for Jews.

No, you really are nuts.
You have no ability to judge little one. Start with your nickname, are Christians Kosher? No, that is for Jews.

I am actually quite qualified to judge. I spent years writing up reports and life plans for lunatics, to present to the courts, so that they would remain committed to group homes and not released upon a defenseless and unsuspecting population. I know crazy when I see it and read it.

No, you really are nuts.

I am actually quite qualified to judge. I spent years writing up reports and life plans for lunatics, to present to the courts, so that they would remain committed to group homes and not released upon a defenseless and unsuspecting population. I know crazy when I see it and read it.
You know what you believe to be crazy but not what actually is because you have accepted a mass societal delusion called faith. And the Lunatics as you called them not long ago figured out that the earth orbits the sun, germs not bad air causes diseases, and they women aren't responsible for the sex of a baby, all of which were considered insane in their day.

Iow you want to tell others how to believe. lol
When the Christians believe the Muslims are evil, and the Muslims believe the Christians are evil yes I do, since they both are. Only when you don't truly have faith, when you aren't a True-Believer, can you start on the path away from evil.

Been there, done that...and what you say couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Christian and at this point, all the mocking in the world wont change that.

When the Christians believe the Muslims are evil, and the Muslims believe the Christians are evil yes I do, since they both are. Only when you don't truly have faith, when you aren't a True-Believer, can you start on the path away from evil.

Been there, done that...and what you say couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Christian and at this point, all the mocking in the world wont change that.
I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

If you try to be a generally nice person most of the time, why would you have to worry about an afterlife? "Oh, no, I stepped on a worm!" If you go out with the intent to kill some out of anger.... well that is problematic.
I'll take my chance that if the balance of my life I tried not to harm others intentionally, then that will be heavier then any little sins someone might think I committed.
If there is a god, I don't believe he is so petty about every hair or toe out of place through a life time.

We each have our own faiths or beliefs. When it stops you from living your life, then you can say something. When you interfere with me living mine, ENOUGH.
I'm not a carrier criminal. I didn't abuse my spouse or children, or grandchild. I don't think I have anything to be a barrier in some afterlife, if there is one.
Parents love their children unconditionally. If there is a god I would imaging his "love" would also be unconditional. If not then he would be a poor god and not worthy of consideration.
You can worry about your afterlife. I won't worry about mine. There is enough in this life for me to spend my energy on.

My field was religious anthropology. I don't need to be schooled on god. I'm not scared of god, only some of the crazies that act in the name of god.
I care when women and children are abuse and killed in the name of god. I care when terrorist blow up passenger planes in the name of god. I care when armies wage war in the name of god. I care when governments commit genocide in the name of god/state. I care when people are so filled with hate, taught to them by their religious leaders and in the name of their god, that they refuse to consider peace.

No, you really are nuts.

You know what you believe to be crazy but not what actually is because you have accepted a mass societal delusion called faith. And the Lunatics as you called them not long ago figured out that the earth orbits the sun, germs not bad air causes diseases, and they women aren't responsible for the sex of a baby, all of which were considered insane in their day.

All those scientific breakthroughs..lol...made by Christians, and totally biblical.

We each have our own faiths or beliefs. When it stops you from living your life, then you can say something. When you interfere with me living mine, ENOUGH.
I'm not a carrier criminal. I didn't abuse my spouse or children, or grandchild. I don't think I have anything to be a barrier in some afterlife, if there is one.
Parents love their children unconditionally. If there is a god I would imaging his "love" would also be unconditional. If not then he would be a poor god and not worthy of consideration.
You can worry about your afterlife. I won't worry about mine. There is enough in this life for me to spend my energy on.

My field was religious anthropology. I don't need to be schooled on god. I'm not scared of god, only some of the crazies that act in the name of god.
I care when women and children are abuse and killed in the name of god. I care when terrorist blow up passenger planes in the name of god. I care when armies wage war in the name of god. I care when governments commit genocide in the name of god/state. I care when people are so filled with hate, taught to them by their religious leaders and in the name of their god, that they refuse to consider peace.

I'm guessing you didn't graduate with a degree in that there field, einstein, lol.

I an neither, you just hate what I have to say. It scares you.

Yes, people like you are creepy and scary. People like you made up the Nazi party.

You normally find them living under bridges, trying to charge people tolls to cross.
It is no shock to me that for you life is a fairy-tale.

How's the view from under the bridge?
My view would makes those on Planet Kolob jealous. I see the Alpha and the Omega.

Talk about a fairy tale.
You're obsessed with what others believe...
Yes, I am, because what most people believe, like you, is utter bullshit, and it's utter bullshit that destroys lives and life itself in the end. What you and most other believe is evil, period.

No god worthy of anything world require others to worship him. That is nothing but a giant ego at work.

Says the one that cannot comprehend a being greater than himself.

I don't have to mock you. If you actually study your faith, learn its history, you will most likely abandon it yourself. I didn't reject Christianity because I don't know it, I rejected it because I do.

Start with any assumption you have, say the Gospels being written by the names attached to them, and you will discover that isn't true. Do the genealogies of Jesus match? No. Was he a carpenter? No, he was a farmer which is why all the parables are about fields, seeds, growth, seasons, not a nail, a hammer, or a saw to be found. Not much wood where that little dark-skinned Jew wandered. It hardly matters what you present of Christianity, you will not know the truth, including the fact that Yeshua, not Jesus, was a Jew and did not come save the Gentiles, not a one. He was a Jew for the Jews, period.

So, go forth, really learn your faith, and watch it crumble before your very eyes.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

However the term carpenter as it was used in the ancient languages, to my understanding, also referenced stone workers/masons/builders of that ilk.

It's just a semantics thing. Loons like paint can't comprehend modern English, let alone understand the nuances of ancient languages, or KJV's "King's English". They don't understand language, period.

You see it when you argue with kids who receive no education outside of state-sanctioned crap education. Look at those idiots in the girl scout thread trying to figure out what "thug" means. They're retarded, and this guy is too.

My genealogies don't "match" either, nor do yours. Jesus' genealogies traced His lineage both by blood and by inheritance back to David. And yes, Joseph was a carpenter. You act like the people of the day wouldn't know a tree if it fell on them. As for His salvation being for the Jews, it was for them FIRST, then to the Gentiles. Man, you are really mixed up. No wonder you're so far off.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.

Tekton is a craftsman, not just a carpenter. It could be any trade with tools and hands, even a mason or stone artisan.

Okay. I don't see it as significant.

Okay. I don't see it as significant.

Israel was not a land with an abundance of trees not used for food. If he was a boat builder, he would have been closer to water. Most structures were stone. With Sephoris so close it make more sense to have worked in stone than wood.

You're obsessed with what others believe...
Yes, I am, because what most people believe, like you, is utter bullshit, and it's utter bullshit that destroys lives and life itself in the end. What you and most other believe is evil, period.
Why does it matter to you? Are you looking to justify your atheism to yourself?
No, I'm looking at what it takes to get the Children of God to stop slaughtering each other, in the name of their Gods. While humanity is a disease, I would like it not to be that starts with undoing the nonsense they believe to be truth, which is nothing of the kind.
So, you can't answer my question? Fine.
That is the answer...
OK... You ARE trying to justify your atheism. Gotcha.

Why does it matter to you? Are you looking to justify your atheism to yourself?
No, I'm looking at what it takes to get the Children of God to stop slaughtering each other, in the name of their Gods. While humanity is a disease, I would like it not to be that starts with undoing the nonsense they believe to be truth, which is nothing of the kind.
So, you can't answer my question? Fine.
That is the answer...
OK... You ARE trying to justify your atheism. Gotcha.
Agnosticism. Atheists are morons like Theists.

Yes, which means good old dad was probably either a mason or a cabinetmaker, but he was a farmer: Matthew 13 - The Parable of the Sower - That same - Bible Gateway

Forum List

Back