Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

Managing distance is very important for wrestling as well.
True. But if i had a nickel for every young, green, hothead wrestler who tried to shoot and ended up with a gangly kickboxer on his back, i would have...oh.maybe 10 bucks haha

True. But if i had a nickel for every young, green, hothead wrestler who tried to shoot and ended up with a gangly kickboxer on his back, i would have...oh.maybe 10 bucks haha
In my experience, if you’re tough, really tough, you’re not looking for trouble. You kno why I always won? I was always fighting some idiot who didn’t expect what was coming.

Lucky for me I never ran into a young moi tai or jujutsu guy who was itching to test his new skills out at the bar and talking shit. Lol

In my experience, if you’re tough, really tough, you’re not looking for trouble. You kno why I always won? I was always fighting some idiot who didn’t expect what was coming.

Lucky for me I never ran into a young moi tai or jujutsu guy who was itching to test his new skills out at the bar and talking shit. Lol
Again, the chasm is just so wide between a trained striker and a street warrior. ANYONE with martial arts training (+ fight experience) has a chance of beating me in a fight (unless maybe they weigh 100 pounds).

People with no training or experience have ZERO chance of beating me in a fight. They basically have a 100% chance of being asleep or in the hospital within about 45 seconds. And that comes with responsibility.

Seemed to be the usual, with one dimensional wrestlers. Either they were elite (college stars, at least) or they got taken to school and back by trained muay thai fighters, who are good at managing the distance. The elite ones often ran into this, the first few times they hopped in the ring. Nothing like getting repeatedly elbowed and kneed in the head while trying to shoot. Been on both sides of that one. Dont get me wrong, the elite fighters generally can grapple well. The elite wrestlers who picked up well on muay thai or plain kickboxing ended up being among the best fighters.

One dimensional wrestler = cannon fodder in the MMA gym, but had the potential to be the best fighters. In a nutshell.
I never shot in on a single leg. Kid I wrestled in high school ended up on ufc pay per view. The real fights ended early so they played some of the preliminaries. We were watching all the pay per views at each other’s houses back then. So my buddy had about 30 people at his house. All of the sudden before the main event they put his fight on. Holy shit! Someone we know on a pay per fucking view. He made the big leagues. Well, he shot in on the guys ankle and the guy just repeatedly elbowed him in the back of the head till the ref stopped it. It was embarrassing. Lol

Again, the chasm is just so wide between a trained striker and a street warrior. ANYONE with martial arts training (+ fight experience) has a chance of beating me in a fight (unless maybe they weigh 100 pounds).

People with no training or experience have ZERO chance of beating me in a fight. They basically have a 100% chance of being asleep or in the hospital within about 45 seconds. And that comes with responsibility.
I go5 into it with this 25 year old monster when I was 35. I took him down, he knocked himself out when the back of his head hit the ground and I got arrested. Cost me $1000 for lawyer it got thrown out. Will never fight again unless I must.

I never shot in on a single leg. Kid I wrestled in high school ended up on ufc pay per view. The real fights ended early so they played some of the preliminaries. We were watching all the pay per views at each other’s houses back then. So my buddy had about 30 people at his house. All of the sudden before the main event they put his fight on. Holy shit! Someone we know on a pay per fucking view. He made the big leagues. Well, he shot in on the guys ankle and the guy just repeatedly elbowed him in the back of the head till the ref stopped it. It was embarrassing. Lol
I have seen that exact scenario play out so many times.

I have seen that exact scenario play out so many times.
I still tell my buddy he needs to open up a dojo and market the shit out of the fact he faught on a ufc pay per view fight. He made the big time. Ok he got embarrassed but can any of us say we went that far? Would any of us like to fight him? No. Lol

I am seeing the
I still tell my buddy he needs to open up a dojo and market the shit out of the fact he faught on a ufc pay per view fight. He made the big time. Ok he got embarrassed but can any of us say we went that far? Would any of us like to fight him? No. Lol
Uh...no thank you. That's another wide chasm: the difference between pro mma fighters with any success and , well, the rest of the world. I am no little guy, and the smallest guy in the ufc would probably pummel me.

Poor Ben Askren...the elite of the elite in wrestling...thought his toughness would outweigh his lack of skill... After the Lawler fluke, i thought he might end up dying in the ring.

I am seeing the

Uh...no thank you. That's another wide chasm: the difference between pro mma fighters with any success and , well, the rest of the world. I am no little guy, and the smallest guy in the ufc would probably pummel me.

Poor Ben Askren...the elite of the elite in wrestling...thought his toughness would outweigh his lack of skill... After the Lawler fluke, i thought he might end up dying in the ring.
Did you see the 150 lb woman who won gold in wrestling? That’s the weight class I wrestled. 155. I weigh over 200 now and I’m 50. Could she beat me?

I am seeing the

How about brock lesner? He would take guys down and all he knew to do was hit them with the bottom of his fist. No closing skills. But it’s easy for us to judge sitting in the audience.

Want to hear funny story? I was known to be tough guy, my buddy was doing mma, so my cousin ou of nowhere decides he’s going to do mma. Never wrestled, never fought, nothing. So we go to his first match. Thank god they put him with a guy his equal. Nex match an old dude choked him out quick. I give him credit. He’s got balls.

How about brock lesner?
Well a few things there:

1) he is huge with a low center of gravity

2) Div 1 NCAA wrestler & jiu-jitsu blue belt

Not exactly a UFC pedigree, but he didnt exactly rely on great skill. His losses came from getting outclassed, not by someone just meeting him head on like 2 cannonballs. Probably one of the biggest guys ever to fight 255, as far as being able to walk around at 270 with solid muscle. What a beast.

I go5 into it with this 25 year old monster when I was 35. I took him down, he knocked himself out when the back of his head hit the ground and I got arrested. Cost me $1000 for lawyer it got thrown out. Will never fight again unless I must.
Bobobrainless full of shit as always.

Forum List

Back