Are Italians considered whites ??

Why do Jewish faces look different ?? Thx

It all depends on what line of caucasians they come from.
Jews come from Israelites, who come from sects broken from the Romans/Greeks.

And although both the Romans and Greeks weren't actually caucasian, they are considered caucasian by historians, as a point of racial structure.

Facial features come from centuries of living a certain way or doing certain things or living in certain areas. There's a lot of info online, but much of it all comes to different conclusions as to why Jews have big noses, or Greeks have naturally dark skin, or why Nordics are so pale and petite.

I’ve heard that anyone born south of Naples is considered African.

But I’ve also heard that our construct of “race” is mostly just silly. We all belong to the one race called the Human Race.

For a definitive answer, though, ask IM2 who places a lot of stock in theories about race.

It all depends on what line of caucasians they come from.
Jews come from Israelites, who come from sects broken from the Romans/Greeks.

And although both the Romans and Greeks weren't actually caucasian, they are considered caucasian by historians, as a point of racial structure.

Facial features come from centuries of living a certain way or doing certain things or living in certain areas. There's a lot of info online, but much of it all comes to different conclusions as to why Jews have big noses, or Greeks have naturally dark skin, or why Nordics are so pale and petite.
Nordic men look strong and big ??

From what I remember of high school history class............these are the racial classifications:

Caucasian
Negro
Asian
Nordic
Inuit (Eskimo)
Arabic
Aztek (who are supposedly Asian)
Your memory ain't good and your facts are---uhm...
well...nevah mind. Anthropologists invented the
concept of the "RACES" of man------not a
valid distinction in HOMO SAPIENS which are
a very mobile species and VERY MIXED. The
"races" are, classically, Caucasian, Negroid and
Mongolian. AZTEK???? American natives are
considered "mongolian" ------Biologically---we is
all very mixed and close to monkeys. Skin color is
just about the most useless tool for determining
the origin of a group of persons

The Italian people certainly identify as white- at least the ones that I have met.
In the very WASPISH town of my childhood----Italians were "wops" and "greasers" ----blue-eyed,
english speaking Poles were ok------even if {ugh}
catholic

Forum List

Back