Are Americans Really Serious About Supporting Trump?

Please limit your comments to a size which I can address. This thread is all of a sudden very busy.

One comment or suggestion please, instead of a long string of assertions that areen't relevant to the question. Thanks!

THis is a debate site. If you are looking for a circle jerk, instead, this isn't the place.

Placing this in clean debate does not mean that you get to control what everybody is allowed to say.
Donald H always tries to dictate what others post when they disagree with him.

"
Trump has been giving interviews for over 20 year years complaining about how the US has become about a few thousand people and the heck with the rest of us.
Anyone who follows suit and gets some media attention will win our votes."

You do know Trump is a con man.
Trump being a conman or not, I think you are right on target for the reason why Trump was found acceptable as your president. Thanks for the comments. We should set the con man suggestion aside for a little while.

Glad I am entertaining EvilEyeFleegle. I get lots of snarky 'funny' ratings from Liberals who know I'm right and don't
I never thought Donald Trump was going to run again, even before Impeachment 2.0. But there will undoubtedly be a populist candidate heading the GOP ticket in 2024, possibly a Black female.

And Candace Owens just so happens to turn 35 a little over 6 months before the election.
Bingo!

I think, if I may, that PH is saying the same thing I am. Trump is/was the symbol of what some feel is their disenfranchisement and ostracization from America and the American dream. Thus the deeply flawed person is irrelevant...the emotional investment in what they see as their last, best hope for redress is what is at the core of their support.

While PH and I disagree about the validity of the Trump base's feelings of angst...that the feelings exist is undeniable. Trump may be a flawed vessel..but he is the one they have, at the moment. Don't be surprised when another one comes along and attempts to capture lightening in a bottle one more time.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a string of Trumps. I can't see any way the Democratic party will stop it or interfere with it. It will be a long fight against the establishment by real reformists and also mostly posers.
I am fascinated by the fact that you can't comprehend something as incredibly simple as greed, avarice and the need to be powerful and surrounded by slaves.
The news media is owned by the very people who pay for politicians to run for office and pay them to give speeches and publish books.
These people, aka the elite, have no use for 99+% of people except to either use them to make more money or place them in a position where they have to live off of social welfare.

Prior to Trump, no one who said this was given as much as a fraction of a second of a sound or video bite.
Trump has been giving interviews for over 20 year years complaining about how the US has become about a few thousand people and the heck with the rest of us.
Anyone who follows suit and gets some media attention will win our votes.

And I'll bet 100% that you will ignore this post because you are obsessed with Trump and not the issues facing 99+% of US citizens.
Please prove me wrong.
Please limit your comments to a size which I can address. This thread is all of a sudden very busy.

One comment or suggestion please, instead of a long string of assertions that areen't relevant to the question. Thanks!
Good luck with that! You can get the cats together with a bowl of food...but try herding them? Nope!

Your another one who can't handle the US experience.
Been handling it for 70+ years....I'm watching you hijack this thread with some amusement..although I could have told the OP..CDZ don't mean squat to most regs here. Not on THIS subject!

Did they think by rioting, they could persuade?

It sure served the Democrats, that's for sure. The Harris /Biden ticket used the rioting of Burn Loot Murder and Antifa as a weapon, and while "persuade" isn't the right word, "intimidate" sure is. The ticket contributed funds to getting arsonists out of jail so they could burn down the businesses of innocent people.

It was vote for them or else.

This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump.

I have my own reasons why many people turned to Trump, and I will air those answers as we proceed to dealing with the main question.

As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president.

Comments?

Please moderators, the only way we can have a decent and respectable conversation on this forum is to keep it on the CDZ section. Give clean debate a chance!
People who don't see america first hand don't know what is actually happening--they only see what the propaganda media wants you to see.

Trump's support is actually growing.

As the media and the dems are hiding who actually really attacked that poor DC cop...
That is not true. His supporters believe the election was rigged before ever seeing any proof. And so far every court has thrown out every case. Rudy has been laughable in court.

Republicans say trump lost. Trump supporters call them fake republicans. Independents and democrats know trump is lying.

Only loyal trump supporters believe the election was rigged.

This isn’t the first time republicans tried these tactics. In 2000 this is how republicans stole Florida.

Funny though in 2000 they stopped the recount but now they want a recount.

Republicans have always poorly represented America. Look at gw bush lied us into a war with Iraq. The rest of the world knows that’s true too.

I think, if I may, that PH is saying the same thing I am. Trump is/was the symbol of what some feel is their disenfranchisement and ostracization from America and the American dream. Thus the deeply flawed person is irrelevant...the emotional investment in what they see as their last, best hope for redress is what is at the core of their support.

While PH and I disagree about the validity of the Trump base's feelings of angst...that the feelings exist is undeniable. Trump may be a flawed vessel..but he is the one they have, at the moment. Don't be surprised when another one comes along and attempts to capture lightening in a bottle one more time.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a string of Trumps. I can't see any way the Democratic party will stop it or interfere with it. It will be a long fight against the establishment by real reformists and also mostly posers.
I am fascinated by the fact that you can't comprehend something as incredibly simple as greed, avarice and the need to be powerful and surrounded by slaves.
The news media is owned by the very people who pay for politicians to run for office and pay them to give speeches and publish books.
These people, aka the elite, have no use for 99+% of people except to either use them to make more money or place them in a position where they have to live off of social welfare.

Prior to Trump, no one who said this was given as much as a fraction of a second of a sound or video bite.
Anyone who follows suit and gets some media attention will win our votes.

And I'll bet 100% that you will ignore this post because you are obsessed with Trump and not the issues facing 99+% of US citizens.
Please prove me wrong.
Well, now that is as cogent and precise an explanation of the Trump phenomenon as I've ever read..kudos!

It sure served the Democrats, that's for sure. The Harris /Biden ticket used the rioting of Burn Loot Murder and Antifa as a weapon, and while "persuade" isn't the right word, "intimidate" sure is. The ticket contributed funds to getting arsonists out of jail so they could burn down the businesses of innocent people.

So business owners who’s businesses burned down voted with antifa?

How on God's green earth could you possibly think I indicated that?

This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump.

I have my own reasons why many people turned to Trump, and I will air those answers as we proceed to dealing with the main question.

As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president.

Comments?

Please moderators, the only way we can have a decent and respectable conversation on this forum is to keep it on the CDZ section. Give clean debate a chance!
Americans support Trump because President Trump supports Americans. He does exactly what he promises to do when allowed just as Americans want. What's not to like?

How on God's green earth could you possibly think I indicated that?
Then they weren’t saying vote for them or else.

Americans support Trump because President Trump supports Americans. He does exactly what he promises to do when allowed just as Americans want. What's not to like?

As to what not to like, I would say his personality. He is brash, abrasive and often times childish.

I am able to keep my opinions on his behavior separate from my opinions on his policies, though, and think he has done many good things. His work in the Middle east was outstanding, for instance, whereas Obama enabled Isis and tried to sneak millions to Palestinians on his last day in office so they could kill more Jews.

Glad I am entertaining EvilEyeFleegle. I get lots of snarky 'funny' ratings from Liberals who know I'm right and don't
I never thought Donald Trump was going to run again, even before Impeachment 2.0. But there will undoubtedly be a populist candidate heading the GOP ticket in 2024, possibly a Black female.

And Candace Owens just so happens to turn 35 a little over 6 months before the election.
Bingo!
Not a Lib..and you're not right. I give you funny's because it is futile to engage you..as you really don't listen and are locked in to your point of view. Not really much to say to a closed mind, ya know?
I'm no more closed minded than you. I am able to exchange opinions with several Liberals/Independents on this board. This is a debate zone, so debate me, don't just hand out wimpy 'snarkies'.

THis is a debate site. If you are looking for a circle jerk, instead, this isn't the place.

Placing this in clean debate does not mean that you get to control what everybody is allowed to say.
Donald H always tries to dictate what others post when they disagree with him.
I think your bad behaviour is an example of bad behaviour of Americans in general and so I think it's a good reason to give up on this thread and ask the moderators to either move it out of this section or shut it down completely.

I'm out of here now. This is not working out well for people of decency!

I'm no more closed minded than you. I am able to exchange opinions with several Liberals/Independents on this board. This is a debate zone, so debate me, don't just hand out wimpy 'snarkies'.

Laughing at people's posts in order to deride is a form of personal attack.

The people who do so know they are attacking somebody and the recipient knows they are being attacked.

Laughing at people's posts in order to deride is a form of personal attack.

The people who do so know they are attacking somebody and the recipient knows they are being attacked.
I agree, I only gave EvilEye a 'snarky' because he did it to me twice in this thread without replying.

Forum List

Back