Are Americans Really Serious About Supporting Trump?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump.

I have my own reasons why many people turned to Trump, and I will air those answers as we proceed to dealing with the main question.

As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president.

Comments?

Please moderators, the only way we can have a decent and respectable conversation on this forum is to keep it on the CDZ section. Give clean debate a chance!

This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump.

I have my own reasons why many people turned to Trump, and I will air those answers as we proceed to dealing with the main question.

As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president.

Comments?

Please moderators, the only way we can have a decent and respectable conversation on this forum is to keep it on the CDZ section. Give clean debate a chance!
People who don't see america first hand don't know what is actually happening--they only see what the propaganda media wants you to see.

Trump's support is actually growing.

As the media and the dems are hiding who actually really attacked that poor DC cop...

Comments?

Some are..although I think it is more about tribal totems than it is about Trump as a person. Trump started as a symbol...and has been wholly transformed into one. The apparent paradox of a plutocrat elitist being transformed into the putative champion of the poor white male is, I think, explained by this transformation into a symbol.

It is not so much about Trump, the person--as it is about him being perceived as the last best hope of the the 'victimized' older white male--and, not coincidentally, perceived as giving legitimacy to those outcast by our society..the racists, the fringe conspiracy buffs--and those eclectic collection of Birchers, Tea Party stalwarts, Libertarian/anarchists and anti-intellectuals that make up his base. That does amount to 10's of millions and will be a constant for a few more years.

His support is waning..but the symbol he has become will be potent for a long time in America, IMO.

Comments?

Some are..although I think it is more about tribal totems than it is about Trump as a person. Trump started as a symbol...and has been wholly transformed into one. The apparent paradox of a plutocrat elitist being transformed into the putative champion of the poor white male is, I think, explained by this transformation into a symbol.

It is not so much about Trump, the person--as it is about him being perceived as the last best hope of the the 'victimized' older white male--and, not coincidentally, perceived as giving legitimacy to those outcast by our society..the racists, the fringe conspiracy buffs--and those eclectic collection of Birchers, Tea Party stalwarts, Libertarian/anarchists and anti-intellectuals that make up his base. That does amount to 10's of millions and will be a constant for a few more years.

His support is waning..but the symbol he has become will be potent for a long time in America, IMO.
If your comment was the only rational comment elicited by this thread, it would be worth creating it. Thank you.

Indeed, I think that Trump was viewed as the last great hope of poor white male. There was no hope to be found in Hillary because she represented the establishment again. And again and again and again and culminating with Biden. IMO!

Donald Trump has always been America First and Americans First. The Democrats are for America Last, China First. That's the bottom line and it hasn't changed because the Chinacrats have abused their powers again to Impeach Trump. And who gives a shit what foreigners think about Americans? All they know is what CNN spoon feeds them, so of course they hate Trump.

Comments?

your mistake is you think its about trump,,

Donald Trump has always been America First and Americans First. The Democrats are for America Last, China First. That's the bottom line and it hasn't changed because the Chinacrats have abused their powers again to Impeach Trump. And who gives a shit what foreigners think about Americans? All they know is what CNN spoon feeds them, so of course they hate Trump.
Thank you for your comments. They serve quite well to answer the question being posed by this thread. That is, especially your proclamations of Trump always being America first.

I have no interest in any demonization of China and it's not relevant to this topic.

You would need to explain what you mean and why that would be relevant.
Please stay on topic in order to contribute here.

its simple,
you keep making it about trump and never consider why hes there,,
nobodies dumb enough to think trump was going to be some kind of dictator or hitler but the dems and they never took time to consider why he got there to start with,,

until that happens its nothing but a TDS rant,,

Thank you for your comments. They serve quite well to answer the question being posed by this thread. That is, especially your proclamations of Trump always being America first.

I have no interest in any demonization of China and it's not relevant to this topic.
Trump is not just America first, but Americans first. As in real Americans, the workers, the taxpayers, the small business owners, the backbone of America. He also did more for Black Americans than any President in recent history.

You would need to explain what you mean and why that would be relevant.
Please stay on topic in order to contribute here.
I think, if I may, that PH is saying the same thing I am. Trump is/was the symbol of what some feel is their disenfranchisement and ostracization from America and the American dream. Thus the deeply flawed person is irrelevant...the emotional investment in what they see as their last, best hope for redress is what is at the core of their support.

While PH and I disagree about the validity of the Trump base's feelings of angst...that the feelings exist is undeniable. Trump may be a flawed vessel..but he is the one they have, at the moment. Don't be surprised when another one comes along and attempts to capture lightening in a bottle one more time.

Trump is not just America first, but Americans first. As in real Americans, the workers, the taxpayers, the small business owners, the backbone of America.

That's a very interesting comment because there's no doubt that Americans turned to Trump as their salvation from poverty.

It's an issue for debate on whether Trump delivered or not. My purpose here isn't to debate that.
I won't comment on the 'blacks' issue you raised and that's mostly because I have little to say about any racism problem or preceived racism problems.

Remember they had to steal the election to get rid of him and today they impeached him again for no reason...the senate will laugh it off again and all for what?....he will still be able to run again...the senate will never even hold a hearing...and the dems can't retroactively impeach him in the senate when they take over....

All for show....

Remember they had to steal the election to get rid of him and today they impeached him again for no reason...the senate will laugh it off again and all for what?....he will still be able to run again...the senate will never even hold a hearing...and the dems can't retroactively impeach him in the senate when they take over....

All for show....
its not all show,, if they can get a conviction he cant run in 2024,,,

I think, if I may, that PH is saying the same thing I am. Trump is/was the symbol of what some feel is their disenfranchisement and ostracization from America and the American dream. Thus the deeply flawed person is irrelevant...the emotional investment in what they see as their last, best hope for redress is what is at the core of their support.

While PH and I disagree about the validity of the Trump base's feelings of angst...that the feelings exist is undeniable. Trump may be a flawed vessel..but he is the one they have, at the moment. Don't be surprised when another one comes along and attempts to capture lightening in a bottle one more time.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a string of Trumps. I can't see any way the Democratic party will stop it or interfere with it. It will be a long fight against the establishment by real reformists and also mostly posers.

All for show....
You could be right. But I think it's very unlikely that Trump will run again. I think the Trump lookalike (actalike) poser is being created with Cruz.
Still, I suspect that Cruz will be a longshot because of the necessity of an acceptable appearance.

Comments?

Hardly a debate worthy premise and an exercise in illogic. Seems you like to play out and de-vilify your own biases under the guise of "clean" debate. One could just as easily ask: how can any American not support Donald Trump. Anyone can be "serious" about supporting anyone else or anything, unless of course you have promoted yourself to mind reader as well. If I were a moderator I would see this thread demoted to the dungeons.

Comments?

Trump is symptom of deeper problems.. like Timothy McVeigh type militias and QAnon. Trump is basically a Charismatic Autocrat.

In 1921 Hitler organized some of the right-wing thugs who had been fighting on the streets into a paramilitary organization dubbed the Sturmabteiling (SA) which literally translates to Storm Unit.. They later became the Brownshirts.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a string of Trumps. I can't see any way the Democratic party will stop it or interfere with it. It will be a long fight against the establishment by real reformists and also mostly posers.
I am fascinated by the fact that you can't comprehend something as incredibly simple as greed, avarice and the need to be powerful and surrounded by slaves.
The news media is owned by the very people who pay for politicians to run for office and pay them to give speeches and publish books.
These people, aka the elite, have no use for 99+% of people except to either use them to make more money or place them in a position where they have to live off of social welfare.

Prior to Trump, no one who said this was given as much as a fraction of a second of a sound or video bite.
Trump has been giving interviews for over 20 year years complaining about how the US has become about a few thousand people and the heck with the rest of us.
Anyone who follows suit and gets some media attention will win our votes.

And I'll bet 100% that you will ignore this post because you are obsessed with Trump and not the issues facing 99+% of US citizens.
Please prove me wrong.

All for show....
You could be right. But I think it's very unlikely that Trump will run again. I think the Trump lookalike (actalike) poser is being created with Cruz.
Still, I suspect that Cruz will be a longshot because of the necessity of an acceptable appearance.
Cruz is Wall Street.

Forum List

Back