Are Americans Really Serious About Supporting Trump?

This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump.

I have my own reasons why many people turned to Trump, and I will air those answers as we proceed to dealing with the main question.

As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president.

Comments?

Please moderators, the only way we can have a decent and respectable conversation on this forum is to keep it on the CDZ section. Give clean debate a chance!
Some are..although I think it is more about tribal totems than it is about Trump as a person. Trump started as a symbol...and has been wholly transformed into one. The apparent paradox of a plutocrat elitist being transformed into the putative champion of the poor white male is, I think, explained by this transformation into a symbol.

It is not so much about Trump, the person--as it is about him being perceived as the last best hope of the the 'victimized' older white male--and, not coincidentally, perceived as giving legitimacy to those outcast by our society..the racists, the fringe conspiracy buffs--and those eclectic collection of Birchers, Tea Party stalwarts, Libertarian/anarchists and anti-intellectuals that make up his base. That does amount to 10's of millions and will be a constant for a few more years.

His support is waning..but the symbol he has become will be potent for a long time in America, IMO.

Didn't his support among blacks increase ?

Folks outside America are going to get various Soviet news sites and nothing more . It’s all part of the New World Order
T won the election and has done great things . He is my favorite man on earth
You sound quite sincere, but it's just hard for a Canadian to believe you could be honstly supportive of Trump. That question has a lot to do with the reason for starting this thread. Thanks for contributing!
Have you not read my post #91? I took considerable time and trouble to explain it to you. No commit? Why would Americans place much value on what a Canadian believes? You guys obviously have your own problems and have screwed your own country up at least as much as we have ours.
No comment on any scattergun argument that can't just deal with one issue.

You've chosen to say that Canada is as screwed up as the US. I can deal with that right now for you.

No, Canada is rated as #1 for quality of life and the US is rated as #15. And that has nothing to do with any one specific area of each country. It's overall.

If that has any meaning for you then we'll talk about it. And then you can present another of your talking points that disagree with mine, and we'll talk about that one too.

Have you not read my post #91? I took considerable time and trouble to explain it to you. No commit? Why would Americans place much value on what a Canadian believes? You guys obviously have your own problems and have screwed your own country up at least as much as we have ours.

And whether you like it or not, here are the parameters on which quality of life is being judged.

A good job market
Affordability
Economic stability
Family friendly
Income equality
Politically stable
Safety
Well-developed public health system
Well-developed public education system

Did it? And if it did then what's your point?

Sorry, I usually don't stoop to this level.

The poster I quoted was intonating that Trump is the front man for rich old white guys.

It would seem there were others that he was gaining favor with.

And yes, everything I've read says his standing with minorities improved from 2016 to 2020.

Folks outside America are going to get various Soviet news sites and nothing more . It’s all part of the New World Order
You sound quite sincere, but it's just hard for a Canadian to believe you could be honstly supportive of Trump. That question has a lot to do with the reason for starting this thread. Thanks for contributing!

You've chosen to say that Canada is as screwed up as the US. I can deal with that right now for you.

No, Canada is rated as #1 for quality of life and the US is rated as #15. And that has nothing to do with any one specific area of each country. It's overall.

If that has any meaning for you then we'll talk about it. And then you can present another of your talking points that disagree with mine, and we'll talk about that one too.
Thanks for wasting my with a lie. You claimed to want a serious discussion about the issues when you were actually just looking for a forum to air your own viewpoint. I hate to break it to you but nobody cares what you think about the quality of life in Canada. Why would they when most thinking people understand that ratings are entirely dependent on the criteria invented by the rater.
Your OP:
"This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump."

What question do you think you asked? You didn't actually ask a question but I took it mean that you wished to know why Americans support Trump and answered accordingly.

"As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president."

Bullshit! Just one more asshoe too enchanted with their own opinion to consider anyone else's. My mistake. Won't happen again.

The poster I quoted was intonating that Trump is the front man for rich old white guys.

And yes, everything I've read says his standing with minorities improved from 2016 to 2020.
It's very obvious that Trump is not just for the rich old white guys and it's laughable to suggest he was.
Trump promised to break the establishment American way that has impoverished the ordinary American working people, and thus gained their support.

So accepting that it's important on minorities turning to Trump, which it could be, where did Trump's 75 million support come from?

Or a better question would be, where did the 6 or 7 million he lacked to win, go?
And maybe also think of who they were that left Trump?

Thanks for wasting my with a lie. You claimed to want a serious discussion about the issues when you were actually just looking for a forum to air your own viewpoint. I hate to break it to you but nobody cares what you think about the quality of life in Canada. Why would they when most thinking people understand that ratings are entirely dependent on the criteria invented by the rater.
Your OP:
"This is a serious question and it's time to ask the question. For people outside of America it seems quite surreal that Trump would be seriously supported by anyone!

And so, besides asking the question stated above, we could get into hearing some answers on why some people support Trump."

What question do you think you asked? You didn't actually ask a question but I took it mean that you wished to know why Americans support Trump and answered accordingly.

"As always, I sincerely hope that political bias won't interfere with the opportunity this thread creates to get at least somewhere on figuring out what Americans are thinking when it comes to Trump as their president."

Bullshit! Just one more asshoe too enchanted with their own opinion to consider anyone else's. My mistake. Won't happen again.
I know why so many Americans supported Trump. It's very simple. Trump promised a better deal for the American working class. That means that he promised to break the establishment American way, status quo.

The greatness comes in the fact that the stagnant situation has been broken and fighting brings great promise.

The falling quality of life in America is the main reason why Trump's message had such great appeal and allowed him to win, over the same old establishment Hillary.

But he had 4 years to deliver and according to the popular vote, he failed.

Well, at least assuming that you believe and understand that he lost the election.

Now Americans have returned to the same old establishment Joe, instead of Hillary.

How do you like my opinions? Did I say anything you disagree with?

It's very obvious that Trump is not just for the rich old white guys and it's laughable to suggest he was.
Trump promised to break the establishment American way that has impoverished the ordinary American working people, and thus gained their support.

So accepting that it's important on minorities turning to Trump, which it could be, where did Trump's 75 million support come from?

Or a better question would be, where did the 6 or 7 million he lacked to win, go?
And maybe also think of who they were that left Trump?

Exactly the question all those demonstrators went to DC to ask without response.

The falling quality of life in America is the main reason why Trump's message had such great appeal and allowed him to win, over the same old establishment Hillary.

What do you mean by "failing quality of life"? That's awfully subjective, to the point of being meaningless.

Your OP:

I know why so many Americans supported Trump. It's very simple. Trump promised a better deal for the American working class. That means that he promised to break the establishment American way, status quo.

The greatness comes in the fact that the stagnant situation has been broken and fighting brings great promise.

Well, at least assuming that you believe and understand that he lost the election.

Now Americans have returned to the same old establishment Joe, instead of Hillary.

Yes, everything. My question would be why someone who (wrongly) thinks they already have all the answers bother asking questions. But I have already wasted more than enough time on you. But no I don't think he lost the election and therefore have no intention of ever considering Biden a legitimate President.

Your OP:

T succeeded in many things such as trying to fix unfair trade deals and trying to stop the illegal invasion into USA by criminals! He can only do so much with zero help. He had mixed success but he is only one man.

If you take out the millions of votes that had zero signatures and zero signature verifications then T won by a huge amount
It was a fixed election , I will never vote again

I will educated you from my smart phone ??
USA the last few decades has been utterly invaded by peasants and criminals from Mexico and C.A., we have been abused by every nation on earth in trade deals and we have been in a perpetual state of wars after wars

Forum List

Back