Arctic warming: Why record-breaking melting is just the beginning

The geologic record is littered with examples of warming and cooling trends that were not caused by orbital or CO2 forcing.
So what?
The planet cooled for millions of years with CO2 levels between 600 to 1000 ppm.
So what?
According to your beliefs about the role CO2 plays in the earth's climate, that shouldn't have happened.
That is false. My belief about the role of CO2 in the Earth's climate does not say that wouldn't have happened.

You're interested in this topic. Read this article.

So what?

So what?

That is false. My belief about the role of CO2 in the Earth's climate does not say that wouldn't have happened.

You're interested in this topic. Read this article.

So they made a mistake by blaming CO2 when variations are a hallmark of our bipolar glaciated world. If CO2 is as dominant as you seem to believe it is the planet should have never cooled when CO2 was 600 to 1000 ppm.

So they made a mistake by blaming CO2 when variations are a hallmark of our bipolar glaciated world.
Explain a few things here. What planet is not "bipolar"? Since the answer to that rhetorical query is "none", why do you keep making note of it?
Why do you describe the Earth as "glaciated"? I've traveled quite a bit in my days. I have seen precisely one glacier with my own two eyes and it was about two acres in size. The world doesn't look "glaciated" to me. And NSIDC tells us that the world's glaciers actually make up only 0.14% of the Earth's surface. Do you actually think "glaciated is an accurate description? And, finally, what do you actually mean when you say that "variations are a hallmark..."? Variations in what? And if you could quantitatively characterize "hallmark" (AND THEN NEVER SAY THE GODDAMNED FUCKING WORD EVER AGAIN), it would really enable a more informed discussion.
If CO2 is as dominant as you seem to believe
You haven't the faintest idea how dominant I believe it to be. Neither of us know what the other is thinking. We can only guess, without asking questions. That's why I often ask you to explain things you've said, as I just did. The problem, of course, is that you almost never answer and we are left to wonder if that is because you won't or you can't. So here is the point where a normal person would ASK me how dominant I believe CO2 to be. A normal person would ASK me if I can explain why mainstream science doesn't look at those data and come to the same conclusions you do. But you don't. You assume you know my answer and then attack that. That, of course, tells me and all your loyal readers here more about you than you probably wanted.
it is the planet should have never cooled when CO2 was 600 to 1000 ppm.
I've asked you this before but... seeing that this is your favorite topic and that you've studied it for ages and you're really done your work here: WHY HAS THE PLANET BEEN COOLING FOR THE LAST 500 MILLION YEARS?

Explain a few things here. What planet is not "bipolar"? Since the answer to that rhetorical query is "none", why do you keep making note of it?
Why do you describe the Earth as "glaciated"? I've traveled quite a bit in my days. I have seen precisely one glacier with my own two eyes and it was about two acres in size. The world doesn't look "glaciated" to me. And NSIDC tells us that the world's glaciers actually make up only 0.14% of the Earth's surface. Do you actually think "glaciated is an accurate description? And, finally, what do you actually mean when you say that "variations are a hallmark..."? Variations in what? And if you could quantitatively characterize "hallmark" (AND THEN NEVER SAY THE GODDAMNED FUCKING WORD EVER AGAIN), it would really enable a more informed discussion.

You haven't the faintest idea how dominant I believe it to be. Neither of us know what the other is thinking. We can only guess, without asking questions. That's why I often ask you to explain things you've said, as I just did. The problem, of course, is that you almost never answer and we are left to wonder if that is because you won't or you can't. So here is the point where a normal person would ASK me how dominant I believe CO2 to be. A normal person would ASK me if I can explain why mainstream science doesn't look at those data and come to the same conclusions you do. But you don't. You assume you know my answer and then attack that. That, of course, tells me and all your loyal readers here more about you than you probably wanted.

I've asked you this before but... seeing that this is your favorite topic and that you've studied it for ages and you're really done your work here: WHY HAS THE PLANET BEEN COOLING FOR THE LAST 500 MILLION YEARS?
Are you trying to downplay the significance of our bipolar GLACIATED planet? Because it is the dominant climate feature of this planet. One that has never existed before. One that has only come to pass in the last 5 million years and is responsible for climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty. Why are you so ignorant of the empirical climate data and what it tells us?

Are you trying to downplay the significance of our bipolar GLACIATED planet? Because it is the dominant climate feature of this planet. One that has never existed before. One that has only come to pass in the last 5 million years and is responsible for climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty. Why are you so ignorant of the empirical climate data and what it tells us?
Every planet is bipolar you ignorant twit.
Glaciers are currently covering 0.14% of the planet's surface. No astronomer or astronaut would ever come across such a planet and characterize it as "glaciated".
You have NEVER demonstrated ANY causation for the climate fluctuation and environmental uncertainty you've claimed ad nauseum. What DOES your empirical climate data tell us?

Last edited:
Every planet is bipolar you ignorant twit.
Glaciers are currently covering 0.14% of the planet's surface. No astronomer or astronaut would ever come across such a planet and characterize it as "glaciated".
Not every planet has ice on both it's poles. That's what bipolar GLACIATION means. In fact, that is a very recent development in the life of our planet.

You have NEVER demonstrated ANY causation for the climate fluctuation and environmental uncertainty you've claimed ad nauseum. What DOES your empirical climate data tell us?
I have. Dozens of times. It's because of the DIFFERENT thresholds for glaciation at the poles. Which is cause by the DIFFERENT land mass configurations at the poles and how that affects the way each pole is DIFFERENTLY thermally isolated from warmer marine currents.

This stuff must be way over your ability to comprehend. Because if it weren't you wouldn't keep making me repeat my arguments over and over again.

The rapid warming in the Arctic circle, much faster than the rest of the planet, and the enormous loss of Arctic ice - shrinking of ice extent and volume/loss of older thicker ice - has been reported by climate scientists for decades.

LOL!!!

Still cannot explain a map of the Arctic...

LOL!!!

They are desperate because more and more people notice the truth that Earth is NOT WARMING AT ALL

NO BREAKOUT IN CANES
NO OCEAN RISE
REGULAR RECORD COLD EVENTS
NO ONGOING NET ICE MELT

The recent "sky is falling hysteria" is all they have....

Not every planet has ice on both it's poles. That's what bipolar GLACIATION means. In fact, that is a very recent development in the life of our planet.

What causes our poles to glaciate?

Why does one Earth polar circle have more than 9 times the ice of the other?

Could Earth have no ice if there were two polar oceans?

I have. Dozens of times. It's because of the DIFFERENT thresholds for glaciation at the poles. Which is cause by the DIFFERENT land mass configurations at the poles and how that affects the way each pole is DIFFERENTLY thermally isolated from warmer marine currents.
You have not. Ever. There is no potential for glaciation in the Arctic Ocean. Explain how that affects the planet's climate.

What causes our poles to glaciate?

Why does one Earth polar circle have more than 9 times the ice of the other?

Could Earth have no ice if there were two polar oceans?
Thermal isolation from warmer marine currents which lowers the threshold for extensive continental glaciation. Without thermal isolation of the polar regions there can be no glaciation.

Thermal isolation from warmer marine currents which lowers the threshold for extensive continental glaciation. Without thermal isolation of the polar regions there can be no glaciation.

LOL!!!

The ice is on land, douchebag.

No land near the poles = no ice.

Current Earth ice count

Antarctica 90%
Greenland 7%
Ellesmere Island 0.3%

The rest is sea ice and on top of mountains....

Now, try again to actually focus on the question without hitting up the dictionary for words that DO NOT ANSWER THE ISSUE....

ICE ON LAND NEAR POLES
LAND MOVES

see how that works...

LOL!!!

The ice is on land, douchebag.

No land near the poles = no ice.

Current Earth ice count

Antarctica 90%
Greenland 7%
Ellesmere Island 0.3%

The rest is sea ice and on top of mountains....

Now, try again to actually focus on the question without hitting up the dictionary for words that DO NOT ANSWER THE ISSUE....

ICE ON LAND NEAR POLES
LAND MOVES

see how that works...
Again... without thermal isolation from warmer marine currents there can be no glaciation at the poles.

Again... without thermal isolation from warmer marine currents there can be no glaciation at the poles.

Is there any land on Earth today within 600 miles of a pole not in ice age?

Is there any land on Earth today outside of 600 miles of a pole in ice age?

The answers are NO and NO.

The laughable claim that ocean currents dictate glaciation patterns is blown up immediately by the ACTUAL DATA.

Now try again....

Is there any land on Earth today within 600 miles of a pole not in ice age?

Is there any land on Earth today outside of 600 miles of a pole in ice age?

The answers are NO and NO.

The laughable claim that ocean currents dictate glaciation patterns is blown up immediately by the ACTUAL DATA.

Now try again....
All you have to do is study the geologic record to see that what I have said is true.

All you have to do is study the geologic record to see that what I have said is true.

Bullshit

The data clearly refutes your ocean currents theory. Ocean currents are like wind, they change.

What matters is land near the poles - 100% correlation you do not even attempt to refute.

Bullshit

The data clearly refutes your ocean currents theory. Ocean currents are like wind, they change.

What matters is land near the poles - 100% correlation you do not even attempt to refute.
There's nothing more for me to add. The geologic record says it all.

Forum List

Back