NOAA shows the difference between land/ ocean temperatures

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
land-ocean-combined.png

0.4C difference in 2014. my question is....how long can the two surfaces continue to diverge?

my comment is...skeptics have been complaining that 'adjustments' have been arbitrarily adding to recent temps and subtracting from past temps.

I think this graph gives evidence that this may be happening. anybody else have an opinion?

(I am not vouching for the accuracy of these temps, just commenting on them)

0.3C lower at the beginning and 0.4C higher at the end, for a total of 0.7C increase over 134 years, about 0.5C per century. whats the total warming again? hahahahaha

I have to wonder what happen in about 1979. Why did the chart start to increase then after several years of no increase, in the heart of the industrial revolution?

Also remember, this is anomaly, not temperature.

1. Global warming theory predicted greater warming over land.

2. We've seen greater warming over land.

3. Hence .... it must be a conspiracy!

That is an excellent point. Will land temps continue to outstrip ocean temps? Will the Southern hemisphere continue to outstrip the northern?

Is there a focal (edit- fulcrum) point where the change takes place? The switch over from Ice Age Scare to Global Warming Scare seems to be present. Freewill pointed out the change in the 70s. Interesting.

I hope the long term drop in OHC seems to have stopped, at least for now. A good thing, do you think?

Last edited:
land-ocean-combined.png

0.4C difference in 2014. my question is....how long can the two surfaces continue to diverge?

my comment is...skeptics have been complaining that 'adjustments' have been arbitrarily adding to recent temps and subtracting from past temps.

I think this graph gives evidence that this may be happening. anybody else have an opinion?

The anomaly is based on an arbitrary set point. By where you set that point, you change the dynamics of the output.

The fact they have been adjusting up current temps and adjusting down older temps, makes the anomaly pretty much worthless as the set point will then change ass well..

The comparison is skewed by the error bars that must be present and are not shown. The error ranges are greater than +/- 0.8 deg C making any assumptions pure speculation at best.

1. Global warming theory predicted greater warming over land.

2. We've seen greater warming over land.

3. Hence .... it must be a conspiracy!

The HCN has had more adjustments than real temperature rise as US-CRN shows.. The resulting anomaly from these adjustments makes the whole thing a made up lie.

Can you explain how you can know in advance the absolute limit on valid adjustments?

The comparison is skewed by the error bars that must be present and are not shown. The error ranges are greater than +/- 0.8 deg C making any assumptions pure speculation at best.

Can you show us those error bars?

land-ocean-combined.png

Yes, I have an opinion. My opinion is that you are wrong.

Changes in tropical wind patterns have caused the subduction of warm surface waters. That would explain the slowdown in SST warming.

Forum List

Back