Arctic Sea Ice back to NORMAL!!!

Rut, roe...

The ice cover is headed back down again.

My guess is it will soon be below the standard deviation from the mean.

Then the wing nuts will claim that the data is faulty.

Here's the whole article:

NASA Admits that 1934, Not 1998, was the Warmest Year on Record
Published August 14, 2007 by:
Brant McLaughlin

In one more devastating blow against the global warming or "climate Apocalypse" supporters such as former Vice President Al Gore, NASA stated today
that it was wrong when it release a report that 1998 was the warmest year ever recorded in modern history.

Hey Rocks................pwned again:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Hmmm........ One usually posts the links to the article.

And I do believe that the position of NASA is that 1998 came in second to 2005.

Thus far, 2010 is shaping up to be one warm year, probably going to exceed either 1998 or 2005. And I'll bet that within three years, we will get another year that exceeds all three.

OK, Skooker, your turn. Are we going to cool, or warm. And your basis for your predictions are?:lol:

Arctic Sea Ice Melting Season Posts Latest Start on Record
April 06, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
More From Businessweek

April 6 (Bloomberg) -- The extent of sea ice over the Arctic Ocean grew until the last day of March, the latest the annual melting season has begun in 31 years of satellite records, the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center said.

Cold weather and winds from the north over the Bering Sea and Barents Sea meant that the area of ocean covered by ice expanded through last month, the Boulder, Colorado-based center said today in a statement on its Web site. That’s two days later than in 1999, the previous latest start to a melting season since satellite monitoring began in 1979.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey Rocks............you need to take my advice s0n...................

Anybody who makes 9,000 posts in 18 months about nothing but the environment has some fcukking issues.............ok??!!!! Try some Zoloft..........stuff is terrific at dealing with perseverative thought.........allows you to get past what you obsess upon and move on to other interests. Side effects are insignificant.
I reiterate. Paid disinformation disseminator. No other result makes sense.

Fitz bro........is that not astounding? 9,000 posts in one forum on one subject..........but we're the wingnuts!!!!:funnyface::funnyface:
The pharmaceutical industry needs to target this environmental bunch..........seriously. You got lots of people out there lacking in seretonin uptake = it causes people to ruminate on their thoughts, whats known as Obsessive/Compulsive behavior disorder. Im in the field of behavioral psychology for 25 years and have seen miracles happen with some of these SSRI medications which can completely open up the minds of people who become fixated on an object or a cause. Rocks thinks Im fcukking around .........but the guy's whole life would change if he went to see somebody to prescribe for him some Zoloft, Effexor or Lexipro. Id bet dollar to a stale donut that Rock's posts would be cut in half because he wouldnt be ruminating on this global warming BS all day.

Last edited:
Here ya go Rocks.............public service announcement bro.................

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD Medications and Therapy - HealthyPlace

Dude..........see the guy on the pole in my avatar? Thats YOU every fcukking day on here man!!!!! You get publically humiliated on here every stinkin' day and keep spending 12 hours a day on here!!! Get some help bro.........you can thank me later...........

Last edited:
Skooker, I made a flat statement, basing my predictions on the evidence of the past 150 years.

Now, are you afraid to reply with a prediction of your own? Surely, you have the self confidence of your knowledge to state what you believe will happen.

Last edited:
If 9th's of the planet froze solid, Al 'Global Warming' Gore, would still be crying, probably saying something like, 'We're in an ice age now because of global warming'. The guy belongs with that other idiot that thinks, Guam is going to tip over. :lol: Their all :cuckoo:

And the hilarious part is, they have power and influence! And no one can dislodge them.

Hmmm........ Last time I looked, Al Gore had no governmental position at all. In fact, his position in society today is that of a successful businessman, and advocate of taking action on what he sees as a major environmental problem.

Of course, for one that believes that mindless derision is the equal of research, and the conspiracy theories are better than scientific methodologies...............well:eusa_whistle:

So, now that the ice caps have suddenly and inexplicably returned to normal, I suppose there is no longer a need for international competition for the resources being uncovered by melting ice caps. What a change just from February to March!

From the Heritage Foundation

By planting the Russian flag on the seabed under the North Pole and claiming a sector of the continental shelf the size of Western Europe (see Map 1), Moscow has created a new source of international tension, seemingly out of the blue. Geopolitics and geo-economics are driving Moscow's latest moves. Geologists believe that a quarter of the world's oil and gas--billions of barrels and trillions of cubic feet, respectively--may be located on the Arctic continental shelf and possibly under the polar cap. The Arctic frontier also harbors precious ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as diamonds. At today's prices, these riches may be worth hundreds of billions of dollars. And if the ice caps melt and shrink, not only will these resources will be more accessible than they are today, but a new sea route along the northern coast of Eurasia may be open to reach them. Russia's attempted grab is a cause for concern. The U.S. must engage its allies--especially Canada and the Nordic countries--to formulate a strong response.

'We're in an ice age now because of global warming'. The guy belongs with that other idiot that thinks, Guam is going to tip over.
-----------------------------------------

You don't know much about the theory, do you? If you did, you'd realize you were the nut case, not Gore! Who could believe someone who actually thinks someone believes Guam would tip over. LOL!!! YOU'RE A MORON!!! No wonder y'all didn't understand the "Climategate" emails. You can't seem to understand anything beyond the superficial.

Skooker, I made a flat statement, basing my predictions on the evidence of the past 150 years.

Now, are you afraid to reply with a prediction of your own? Surely, you have the self confidence of your knowledge to state what you believe will happen.

for once I'll agree with you s0n..........all of your statements are indeed "flat" = nobody cares.

Tell ya what Rocks.......you can pay my taxes in relation to "man-made" global warming taxes. I dont want to pay a fcukking penny because I think the science is doctored for the purpose of the special interests related to a green economy. It has nothing whatsoever to do with science:lol:

So, now that the ice caps have suddenly and inexplicably returned to normal, I suppose there is no longer a need for international competition for the resources being uncovered by melting ice caps. What a change just from February to March!

From the Heritage Foundation

By planting the Russian flag on the seabed under the North Pole and claiming a sector of the continental shelf the size of Western Europe (see Map 1), Moscow has created a new source of international tension, seemingly out of the blue. Geopolitics and geo-economics are driving Moscow's latest moves. Geologists believe that a quarter of the world's oil and gas--billions of barrels and trillions of cubic feet, respectively--may be located on the Arctic continental shelf and possibly under the polar cap. The Arctic frontier also harbors precious ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as diamonds. At today's prices, these riches may be worth hundreds of billions of dollars. And if the ice caps melt and shrink, not only will these resources will be more accessible than they are today, but a new sea route along the northern coast of Eurasia may be open to reach them. Russia's attempted grab is a cause for concern. The U.S. must engage its allies--especially Canada and the Nordic countries--to formulate a strong response.

Would that that were the case. The ice formed in March is thin, and will melt easily. We needed that cold snap in December, not March.

for once I'll agree with you s0n..........all of your statements are indeed "flat" = nobody cares.

Tell ya what Rocks.......you can pay my taxes in relation to "man-made" global warming taxes. I dont want to pay a fcukking penny because I think the science is doctored for the purpose of the special interests related to a green economy. It has nothing whatsoever to do with science:lol:

Hell, Skooker, I will not only not pay your taxes, I will continue to take your taxes. You see, I am well past my SS date, am collecting my SS, and am working full time. To much full time, 20 hours OT last week. Something about a continueing economic recovery.

Here in Oregon, we have an area that will eventually help power Idaho and California with 'Green' power. And we are putting in the first grid leg there right now. Solar, wind, and geo-thermal in one area.

So, now that the ice caps have suddenly and inexplicably returned to normal
-------------------------------

LOL!!! If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. You can't have years of ice loss and regain it in a year!

LOL!!! If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. You can't have years of ice loss and regain it in a year!

So we should believe your instruments when they tell us melting is happening, but ignore it when they tell us it is within the normal range. Three possible explanations, your scientists manipulated the prior data, thus the short term dramatic change in results. The instruments are not reliable and the events have happened as recorded. None these bode well for your position.

And if you take that statement at face value, you might want to brush up on your sarcasm detecting skills.:tongue:

So we should believe your instruments when they tell us melting is happening, but ignore it when they tell us it is within the normal range. Three possible explanations, your scientists manipulated the prior data, thus the short term dramatic change in results. The instruments are not reliable and the events have happened as recorded. None these bode well for your position.

Two ways of measuring ice. One, area covered. Two, volume. Lowest ice cover on record, 2007. Lowest volume on record, 2009.

New NASA Satellite Survey Reveals Dramatic Arctic Sea Ice Thinning - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

July 07, 2009

PASADENA, Calif. - Arctic sea ice thinned dramatically between the winters of 2004 and 2008, with thin seasonal ice replacing thick older ice as the dominant type for the first time on record. The new results, based on data from a NASA Earth-orbiting spacecraft, provide further evidence for the rapid, ongoing transformation of the Arctic's ice cover.

Scientists from NASA and the University of Washington in Seattle conducted the most comprehensive survey to date using observations from NASA's Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite, known as ICESat, to make the first basin-wide estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean's ice cover. Ron Kwok of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., led the research team, which published its findings July 7 in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans.

Oh my, so who am I to believe, hundreds of degreed scientists, or a dingleberry on a rightwing message board?

Two ways of measuring ice. One, area covered. Two, volume. Lowest ice cover on record, 2007. Lowest volume on record, 2009.

New NASA Satellite Survey Reveals Dramatic Arctic Sea Ice Thinning - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

July 07, 2009

PASADENA, Calif. - Arctic sea ice thinned dramatically between the winters of 2004 and 2008, with thin seasonal ice replacing thick older ice as the dominant type for the first time on record. The new results, based on data from a NASA Earth-orbiting spacecraft, provide further evidence for the rapid, ongoing transformation of the Arctic's ice cover.

Scientists from NASA and the University of Washington in Seattle conducted the most comprehensive survey to date using observations from NASA's Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite, known as ICESat, to make the first basin-wide estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean's ice cover. Ron Kwok of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., led the research team, which published its findings July 7 in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans.

Oh my, so who am I to believe, hundreds of degreed scientists, or a dingleberry on a rightwing message board?

It is pretty established fact concerning your belief system faither.

OK, dimbulb, I gave scientists as referance, you gave nothing but flap yap.

Come on, show some real evidence of the lack of melting.

It's actually been growing year over year for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
OK, dimbulb, I gave scientists as referance, you gave nothing but flap yap.

Come on, show some real evidence of the lack of melting.

It has been posted many times by many people. You just choose to ignore it. Denial, a key part of being a global warming faither.

Forum List

Back