AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

Yes, it will. Many unions-especially government unions-have their pay indexed to the minimum wage.

And unions with contracts that index wages...especially government employees.

That is...weapon-grade stupid.
Most people don't belong to a union and we really don't need to be paying government employees any more

Most people don't belong to a union and we really don't need to be paying government employees any more
That’s for sure. Despite their squealing, the average government employee earns a lot more than his counterpart in the private industry, and that’s BEFORE you factor in their benefits. And many of them had been going into the office only once or twice a week for YEARS before COVID ever hit. They were at the movies, the golf course, the swimming pool, all “on the clock,” while taxpayers covered their salaries.

P.S. Do you realize that we have federal government employees who WORK for a government union, while being paid these inflated salaries as a FTE?

I do not know.

I am trying to find a part-time job. Sadly I can not.

Does anyone have any advice?

Your posts leave more questions than answers. How can you not find a job when there are over 10 million jobs open in the country as I type? Most places are willing to hire anybody willing to work and can pass a drug screen. So when you say you can't find a job, it's very confusing given the environment.

Now, I do remember you saying you were looking for a job working from home. Isn't everybody? If that's the limitations you're putting on yourself, and by your own admission you have no experience at anything, then you'll be looking for a very long time because there are a lot of people with work experience that can't get a job working from home either.

If you want advice, the best I can give is expand your horizons. You need to get out of the house and work, do get experience at something or several things, then set your goals towards working from home.

Your posts leave more questions than answers. How can you not find a job when there are over 10 million jobs open in the country as I type? Most places are willing to hire anybody willing to work and can pass a drug screen. So when you say you can't find a job, it's very confusing given the environment.

Now, I do remember you saying you were looking for a job working from home. Isn't everybody? If that's the limitations you're putting on yourself, and by your own admission you have no experience at anything, then you'll be looking for a very long time because there are a lot of people with work experience that can't get a job working from home either.

If you want advice, the best I can give is expand your horizons. You need to get out of the house and work, do get experience at something or several things, then set your goals towards working from home.
My occupation has been a male housewife. I have no experience working. I do have Masters in Mathematics. I have Asperger's Syndrome and Depression.

My occupation has been a male housewife. I have no experience working. I do have Masters in Mathematics. I have Asperger's Syndrome and Depression.

Okay, but are you looking for work outside of the home? Does your conditions totally prevent you from gaining employment outside your home? Because as I said, with no work history, you'll never find this dream job of yours.

Okay, but are you looking for work outside of the home? Does your conditions totally prevent you from gaining employment outside your home? Because as I said, with no work history, you'll never find this dream job of yours.
I do not have drivers license, and the nearest bus stop is a mile away.

I do not have drivers license, and the nearest bus stop is a mile away.
How old are you? My last job was a mile from the Metro, and I did it in 17 or 18 minutes. In my 50s.

Your parents should be encouraging at least a modicum of independence. Maybe they could pick you up or drop you off at the bus stop. When I was 16 and didn’t have my license yet, my Dad picked me up at the bus stop at the end of the day (summer job).

53 yo. Never applied.

Then perhaps you should just to see what goes on from there. It may be that your conditions are indeed considered disability. Mind you it's a real project. It took me an hour online to fill out the application. In most cases, they reject your claim the first time. Then you have to file an appeal which you may want to seek legal aid for. Since you contributed nothing to SS, you still may be eligible for SSI which doesn't pay as much as SSDI, but at least it's several hundred a month.

You're not working, so what else do you have to lose? Besides it's free. Even if you do get rejected the first time, most attorneys will work on contingency where they don't get paid until your claim is finally approved. That would be my suggestion for you.

Then perhaps you should just to see what goes on from there. It may be that your conditions are indeed considered disability. Mind you it's a real project. It took me an hour online to fill out the application. In most cases, they reject your claim the first time. Then you have to file an appeal which you may want to seek legal aid for. Since you contributed nothing to SS, you still may be eligible for SSI which doesn't pay as much as SSDI, but at least it's several hundred a month.

You're not working, so what else do you have to lose? Besides it's free. Even if you do get rejected the first time, most attorneys will work on contingency where they don't get paid until your claim is finally approved. That would be my suggestion for you.
Thank you! Will do during the day!

Forum List

Back