AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

I think a lot of it has to do with parents. Kids don't want to work because when they need money, the parents just give it to them. That didn't happen in my day. Your parents didn't give you anything unless you worked for it. Even as young adults, many of them still live with mom and dad, and have no desire to work. Mom and Dad welcome the idea of their kids living with them forever. When I was younger, if you were living at home with no job, no ambition to advance yourself or get your own apartment, they threw you out of the house.
There’s plenty of that as well, but I see that mostly within affluent family units.
Middle-class families / kids here are pretty screwed….there is almost no employment opportunity for a white english speaking kid between the age of 16-19 here in south Mexifornia and there certainly is no blue collar trade work for the 20+ year old white english speaker either.

How many teens getting work experience did you see behind the counter….or were they all older dark people trying to fund a family?

Here in California, you'll see an American kid taking orders at the drive thru - NO ONE else working and McDonalds will speak a word of English.

I get it from the employer side, the illegals show up and do their jobs. The teen agers often don't. But this screws society in that teens never learn to have a job, to take responsibility.

I do. I'm told that businesses hiring illegals is not a problem.

Joe Biden is a fucking liar. Businesses being FORCED by the federal government to hire illegals is a BIG problem.

Remember, if you question an employee whether they are legal YOU go to jail. If you question the documents provided for an I9 - YOU go to jail. If you try to avoid illegals by hiring those who speak English - YOU go to jail.

Employers are required by federal law to hire illegals.

Biden has nothing to do with my position.
Joe Biden and the democrat Reich define your position on every subject, including this one.

You're trying to sell the lie that "business" (we hates them precious) is thwarting the law to hire illegals because they are greedy.

It's a lie - the federal government REQUIRES businesses with over 5 employees to hire illegals. Refusing work to someone because they are in the country illegally is discrimination.

Here in the peoples republic, there are thousands of shops that are Mexican only - and that's encouraged. It's fine to hire only Mexicans. But if anyone dares question the legality of a Mexican, they WILL be shut down, fined, and possibly jailed.

Joe Biden and the democrat Reich define your position on every subject, including this one.

You're trying to sell the lie that "business" (we hates them precious) is thwarting the law to hire illegals because they are greedy.

It's a lie - the federal government REQUIRES businesses with over 5 employees to hire illegals. Refusing work to someone because they are in the country illegally is discrimination.

Here in the peoples republic, there are thousands of shops that are Mexican only - and that's encouraged. It's fine to hire only Mexicans. But if anyone dares question the legality of a Mexican, they WILL be shut down, fined, and possibly jailed.

LOL.

Hmmm….open jobs are for Americans only and it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that only real Americans can apply for said jobs.

Mandatory e-verify with very strong enforcements attached to it. It's not going to happen until maybe things get far worse than they are now.

As I've noted, Trump did bring it up and the Republicans told him to shut up.

Mandatory e-verify with very strong enforcements attached to it. It's not going to happen until maybe things get far worse than they are now.

E-verify isn’t needed in nations with a secure border, with arrest, incarceration and deportation policies designed to work for and benefit citizens. E-verify puts immigration enforcement in the hands of employers and most employers are lowlife filth just trying to gain an edge on competitors. Connect the dots

Except the law is you can't hold an employer responsible for hiring illegals unless they do so knowingly, and of course, the government would have to prove that. The problem is drug cartels who get these people into our country also have sophisticated fake identity systems in place that even fool e-verify, and that system has been known for it's problems as well.

It's illegal to question the legality of a proposed employee.

You keep dodging this fact. As you of the pro-illegal camp always do.

How is it difficult? I see slews of signs advertising $17 and $18 an hour for “no experience needed” everywhere I go. We need to require people on welfare to take AT LEAST a part-time job!
My experience may be unique. I have Asperger's Syndrome, Depression, and no work experience.

My experience may be unique. I have Asperger's Syndrome, Depression, and no work experience.
Then yes, your experience is obviously different, and I have said repeatedly that disabled people should get welfare with no work requirements. But there is no excuse for fully able people to refuse to take a job at $17 or $18 an hour and instead just collect welfare benefits.

Then yes, your experience is obviously different, and I have said repeatedly that disabled people should get welfare with no work requirements. But there is no excuse for fully able people to refuse to take a job at $17 or $18 an hour and instead just collect welfare benefits.
I agree. But many truly disabled people can not prove their disability.

Forum List

Back