AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

The challenge is that SSDI is the most abused part of SS, as many people who aren’t disabled try to get on the system. That means authorities need proof. In your case, for example, you would need to show an official diagnosis of Asberger’s.
I have testimony of many therapists. Sadly, poor people can not even afford therapy.

I think a lot of it has to do with parents. Kids don't want to work because when they need money, the parents just give it to them. That didn't happen in my day. Your parents didn't give you anything unless you worked for it. Even as young adults, many of them still live with mom and dad, and have no desire to work. Mom and Dad welcome the idea of their kids living with them forever. When I was younger, if you were living at home with no job, no ambition to advance yourself or get your own apartment, they threw you out of the house.
That’s how it was when I grew up, as well. I now know adults in their 30s with a part-time job, or no job, still living in their parents’ house - and the parents re completely fine with it. There seems to be no expectation that the “kid” will take a regular, full-time job.

When I turned sixteen, I was expected to have a full-time job for the remaining high school summers, and then summers and semester breaks in college. After that, I was expected to get a job and rent an apartment - sharing if needed, a room in someone’s house, whatever - and support myself.

I agree. But many truly disabled people can not prove their disability.

If somebody can't prove their disability then they are not disabled. If you claim you cannot sweep floors at Walmart then that should be easy enough to prove why you can't. SS has the best people for physical and psychological problems. If you make a claim you have X, then you need to surrender all your medical records related to your disability, and they will let you see one of their professionals to make an assessment of your condition.

You don’t need therapy for proof. You need a diagnosis from a psychiatrist and Medicaid will pay.

No, SS will pay. They wanted me to take a heart sonogram. I totally agreed to it and they were going to send me to a government doctor. They ended up not doing it, but that's how they conclude your disability. SS will totally pay for it.

If somebody can't prove their disability then they are not disabled. If you claim you cannot sweep floors at Walmart then that should be easy enough to prove why you can't. SS has the best people for physical and psychological problems. If you make a claim you have X, then you need to surrender all your medical records related to your disability, and they will let you see one of their professionals to make an assessment of your condition.
Good point. Also, is someone with Asperger’s unable to sweep floors at Walmart? Just because someone has Asberger’s doesn’t mean he can’t work ANY job. My friend’s son has it and has a good job.

No, SS will pay. They wanted me to take a heart sonogram. I totally agreed to it and they were going to send me to a government doctor. They ended up not doing it, but that's how they conclude your disability. SS will totally pay for it.
Thanks for the clarification, but the point still applies. Man of Ethics implied that poor people can’t get on SSDI because they can’t afford to get a diagnosis.

That’s how it was when I grew up, as well. I now know adults in their 30s with a part-time job, or no job, still living in their parents’ house - and the parents re completely fine with it. There seems to be no expectation that the “kid” will take a regular, full-time job.

When I turned sixteen, I was expected to have a full-time job for the remaining high school summers, and then summers and semester breaks in college. After that, I was expected to get a job and rent an apartment - sharing if needed, a room in someone’s house, whatever - and support myself.

Parents do this out of compassion, but it's like letting your child eat al the ho-ho's they want. Yes, it makes the child happy, but the parents are doing more harm to the child than helping them in the long run.

Our parents knew this, but it seems parents today don't see it that way.

Thanks for the clarification, but the point still applies. Man of Ethics implied that poor people can’t get on SSDI because they can’t afford to get a diagnosis.

He's totally wrong on that. They will not totally reject your claim until they have evidence of their own your claim is bogus. When they asked me to take the sonogram, I told them I couldn't afford it. I know that test is $3,000. The SS worker told me not to worry about it. They will not only pick up the tab, but also share the results with my doctor as well.

Too late for a new lie, commie.
Hahaha…yourself and pknopp like all commie-lites think we should just go pluck Zulus from the trees in the villages of filth again huh? I mean fuck it…if we’re going to hire wetbacks to fuck up industries, wages and employment why not just really fuck it up…huh?
Shit, we can probably get Zulus to work their black asses off for one bag of Top Ramen per day huh?

Cram it, hypocrite loser. YOU are the loser who shot his mouth off against capitalism, comrade.
I told you Humberto…I’m all for unregulated capalism without wetbacks and Zulus as part of the equation…American capitalism is for American’s….that pisses you globalists off doesn’t it?

Commie loser is starting to panic now that he has been exposed. ^^^^^

Only 3% of all workers in the country make just federal MW

so raising it won't really do that much

Yes, it will. Many unions-especially government unions-have their pay indexed to the minimum wage.

No it only raises the the wages of people who are making less than the proposed new rate.

Most state already have their own MW that are higher than the Federal MW

And unions with contracts that index wages...especially government employees.

Sadly, finding employment is very difficult. There should be more easily available employment for people in need.

That is...weapon-grade stupid.

Forum List

Back