AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

We have a large middle class. And we are in danger of losing it. the main issue is the despairing differences of wages within it. A good percentage are overpaid, and a fair percentage underpaid with a percentage more deserving than others protected by unions and privileges for any reason who are not that good.

Neither has.

The minimum wage argument from many on the left is a total and complete myth. There are very, very, few employers who are paying $7.25 per hour and most of those are very small businesses who can't even make ends meet paying that. And, as wages have risen over the last few years, they have not risen in lock step with inflation and never will. The higher the wages people make the higher the prices companies have to charge. That has never been more obvious than it is now.

Many have begun complaining that even $15 per hour is not a living wage anymore and that is partly because the increased wages have increased inflation more than the increase in wages. What leftist policies actually do is cause all of the mom and pops to go out of business so that only the Amazons, Walmarts, and McDonalds will be the only ones left. Competition from the small guys helps keep prices lower but when leftist policies drive them out of business, there is no pressure on the big guys to have low prices. The way it sits right now, if the federal minimum wage was raised to $15 per hour, it would effect very few because most are making that anyway. It's nothing but a talking point to make the party look good, even though it is totally irrelevant.

Last edited:
The minimum wage argument from many on the left is a total and complete myth. There are very, very, few employers who are paying $7.25 per hour and most of those are very small businesses who can't even make ends meet paying that. And, as wages have risen over the last few years, they have not risen in lock step with inflation and never will. The higher the wages people make the higher the prices companies have to charge. That has never been more obvious than it is now.

Many have begun complaining that even $15 per hour is not a living wage anymore and that is partly because the increased wages have increased inflation more than the increase in wages. What leftist policies actually do is cause all of the mom and pops to go out of business so that only the Amazons, Walmarts, and McDonalds will be the only ones left. Competition from the small guys helps keep prices lower but when leftist policies drive them out of business, there is no pressure on the big guys to have low prices. The way it sits right now, if the federal minimum wage was raised to $15 per hour, it would effect very few because most are making that anyway. It's nothing but a talking point to make the party look good, even though it is totally irrelevant.

The inflation we are experiencing is not because of a minimum wage. It's because of the trillions and trillions that were pumped into the markets.

Only 3% of all workers in the country make just federal MW

so raising it won't really do that much

It does create a multiplying affect. Without it there would still be businesses trying to pay people $5.00 an hour. When these businesses have to pay a minimum wage it raises the wages elsewhere also.

It does create a multiplying affect. Without it there would still be businesses trying to pay people $5.00 an hour. When these businesses have to pay a minimum wage it raises the wages elsewhere also.

No it only raises the the wages of people who are making less than the proposed new rate.

Most state already have their own MW that are higher than the Federal MW

I disagree, the Federal Govt has no business setting a min wage, they should change it to zero. If a state wants to do it, by all means....go for it...
No, FedGov has the constitutional authority to regulate the economy.

Of course I disagree with Progressives on many issues -- especially punitive implementation of Cancel Culture.

Nevertheless, $24 per hour minimum wage would be great for people in need! Perhaps, jobs paying $15 per hour should be readily available. Taxing millionaires and billionaires will not hurt them much!

Neither has.

This is the dipshit who doesn't know what a garbage disposal is, right?

By the way, the minimum wage is actually zero.

3798719-Thomas-Sowell-Quote-The-minimum-wage-law-very-cleverly-is-misnamed.jpg

Of course I disagree with Progressives on many issues -- especially punitive implementation of Cancel Culture.

Nevertheless, $24 per hour minimum wage would be great for people in need! Perhaps, jobs paying $15 per hour should be readily available. Taxing millionaires and billionaires will not hurt them much!
I constantly see signs here in Arizona advertising for employees with wages starting OVER fifteen bucks an hour. I saw a sign at In-and-Out yesterday for burger-flippers starting between nineteen and twenty-five dollars an hour. The minimum wage here is $12.80 by the way.

I constantly see signs here in Arizona advertising for employees with wages starting OVER fifteen bucks an hour. I saw a sign at In-and-Out yesterday for burger-flippers starting between nineteen and twenty-five dollars an hour. The minimum wage here is $12.80 by the way.
Sadly, finding employment is very difficult. There should be more easily available employment for people in need.

Forum List

Back