AOC says she needs a raise?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York has long been vocal about the need for members of Congress to get a pay bump.

As it turns out, Rep. Patrick McHenry — the North Carolina Republican who briefly served as interim speaker of the House in October — agrees with her, recently telling The Dispatch that congressional pay needs to be raised to attract "credible people to run for office."

"I've been saying this for some time," Ocasio-Cortez told BI this week. "I think he's right. I know it's kind of a contrarian position."

Contrarian position? The hell you say!

The argument is that without raising the wage in Congress, middle class people won't seek office and only be dominated by rich folk. But then, was Joe Biden a rich person before he went into office? No, but now he is worth millions and millions and millions!!! Funny how there are a myriad of Congressmen and women just like him. In fact, AOC is a millionaire now as well, but it certainly was not from her salary in Congress. No, you must sell your soul to get the money Biden and AOC have received, and then whine about wanting more money.

Asshats.

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York has long been vocal about the need for members of Congress to get a pay bump.

As it turns out, Rep. Patrick McHenry — the North Carolina Republican who briefly served as interim speaker of the House in October — agrees with her, recently telling The Dispatch that congressional pay needs to be raised to attract "credible people to run for office."

"I've been saying this for some time," Ocasio-Cortez told BI this week. "I think he's right. I know it's kind of a contrarian position."

The argument is that without raising the wage in Congress, middle class people won't seek office and only be dominated by rich folk. But then, was Joe Biden a rich person before he went into office? No, but now he is worth millions and millions and millions!!! Funny how there are a myriad of Congressmen and women just like him. In fact, AOC is a millionaire now as well, but it certainly was not from her salary in Congress. No, you must sell your soul to get the money Biden and AOC have received, and then whine about wanting more money.

Asshats.

She's been begging for a raise since her first days in Congress. She couldn't even afford an apartment when she started. Her income increased nearly sixfold when she joined Congress, and yet it's still not enough for her.

Nothing will ever be enough for her. Congressional salaries rank in the top 10% of income earners in the country. But they think they need more. And we wonder why we have so much public debt.

Asshats.
I agree. Members of Congress should be paid more. . . IF . . .

1. It is illegal for them to buy, trade, sell any stock, mutual fund, or any other investment while they are in office and for six months after they leave office.

2. It is illegal for them to debate or vote on any legislation or policy that directly affects investments they own or business enterprises in which they or their family have a direct interest.

3. They give up their Cadillac health benefits and purchase their health insurance on the open market as they require all the rest of us to do.

4. They give up their federal retirement and contribute into their 401k or IRAs like many of the rest of us have to do.

5. They give a full accounting of all expenditures from their government expense accounts and cannot use this for any personal expenditures of any kind including gifts to others.

6. They cannot exempt themselves from ANY law, rule, regulation, policy they impose on the people they represent.

Last edited:
She should go back to bartending and stealing tips

And stop annoying America

If she wants a raise, maybe she should work the streets with the other whores.

AOC.jpg

Asshats.
I think she's wrong on this one.

Asshats.
OK, while a pay raise we can talk about, when McHenry said " pay needs to be raised to attract "credible people to run for office", my first thoughts went to MTG, Boebert, and Louie Gohmert. :auiqs.jpg:

The argument is that without raising the wage in Congress, middle class people won't seek office and only be dominated by rich folk.

The context being that middle class people would not be able to afford a residence in DC and in their home state.

Not sure this is a completely valid arguement but I can see the point.

Maybe they should have low income housing benefits, much like the military, where money is provided for those that live off base, but in this case they can prove their incomes are below a certain level to qualify?

Not sure. Just shooting at the hip, but it doesn't seem to outlandish to me.

But then, was Joe Biden a rich person before he went into office?

Rich at 29? Not really.

No, but now he is worth millions and millions and millions!!!

So? What is the problem? He has decades of tax returns available online. Did you see something the IRS missed? Did you report it?

Do you have something Comer missed?

Please link if you have it.

Funny how there are a myriad of Congressmen and women just like him.

Not funny at all. It's not unusual for those of affluence to get elected.

In fact, AOC is a millionaire now as well,

This is false...and even if you were not duped by fake news, her taxes are available online.

What did the IRS miss?

Can you link proof of this statement about AOCs finances?

but it certainly was not from her salary in Congress.

How do you know?

Please link.

No, you must sell your soul to get the money Biden and AOC have received, and then whine about wanting more money.

You have no proof of this? You made it up or you were duped.

You made a lot of accusations and didn't back them. Please provide links for your statements so we know they are not based on your opinions.

Forum List

Back