Anyone know why Republicans are so terrified of holding Town Hall meetings this year?

Lawmakers ditch town halls: 'They want to avoid those gotcha moments'

Jones, who hails from a ruby red state where more than 60 percent of the voters went for Trump in 2016, said itā€™s particularly important for lawmakers in states like his to hold events, so they donā€™t end up in their own ā€œecho chamber.ā€

Incumbent Republicans in upstate New York are going to great lengths to avoid their constituents

----------------

So what's the big deal? Republicans have done what their base voted them into office to do. They should be proud.

They should go in front of their constituents and boast about all the things they've done.

The only people crying about Republicans to hold town meetings are the ones who aren't going to vote for Republicans anyway.
In other words, itā€™s the same thing thatā€™s going on with the dimocratsā€™ Kavanaugh circle jerk. They wouldnā€™t vote for him today, wonā€™t vote for him in a couple of weeks or so, and have known they wouldnā€™t vote for him since the day Trump nominated him. And they would have followed this script no matter the nominee, so you let ā€˜em play games and look petty and phony as hell and pretty soon theyā€™ll gravitate to their next jerk site.

Meanwhile just sit back and enjoy the free entertainment...commercial free.

Jones, who hails from a ruby red state where more than 60 percent of the voters went for Trump in 2016, said itā€™s particularly important for lawmakers in states like his to hold events, so they donā€™t end up in their own ā€œecho chamber.ā€

Incumbent Republicans in upstate New York are going to great lengths to avoid their constituents

----------------

So what's the big deal? Republicans have done what their base voted them into office to do. They should be proud.

They should go in front of their constituents and boast about all the things they've done.

They would also like to avoid being murdered by a left wing, democrat, bernie sanders supporter.......the baseball team survived an attack by a left wing, democrat bernie sanders supporter but only through luck.....

The republicans/"conservatives" have been gutless wonders since the days of Sandra Fluke. They are incapable of adult conversation. They have proven this on so many occasions. Cowardly little scumbags, who particularly run away from female constituents. They can't take the heat, but don't want to leave the kitchen.

My, my, my. All of these references to gun violence. And all coming from trump supporters. People who parade flags other than the Stars and Stripes. Texas flags. Confederate traitor flags. Yet people who are opposed to trump are said to be violent. The threats of violence against the American People are coming from the alt-right.

I haven't shot a gun since I was 12, but I am thinking of buying one, just to defend myself and my neighbors against these people. This situation has become so awful that I would encourage people of color, women, LGBTs, and Muslims to think about getting guns. I have a friend who is a security guard, a man who hails from Pakistan and is a faithful Muslim. He stumbles through qualifying with a pistol, which his job requires him to do, because he hates guns. But I feel safer knowing that he is around.

What have we come to? Why are you posters talking about shooting people? Don't you feel any shame at all?

I think more concerning than our "lack of shame" is your lack of any sense of humor. Switch to decaf and lighten up, loser.

Afraid they'll end up like Scalise at the ball game? Some crazed demoquack shooting them up?
Gabby Giffords was holding a meet n greet.

The guy who shot her wasn't a Republican...he was, in fact, a fan of hers who was mentally ill.... the bernie sanders supporter went to the baseball game to murder Republicans....all of them.

My, my, my. All of these references to gun violence. And all coming from trump supporters. People who parade flags other than the Stars and Stripes. Texas flags. Confederate traitor flags. Yet people who are opposed to trump are said to be violent. The threats of violence against the American People are coming from the alt-right.

I haven't shot a gun since I was 12, but I am thinking of buying one, just to defend myself and my neighbors against these people. This situation has become so awful that I would encourage people of color, women, LGBTs, and Muslims to think about getting guns. I have a friend who is a security guard, a man who hails from Pakistan and is a faithful Muslim. He stumbles through qualifying with a pistol, which his job requires him to do, because he hates guns. But I feel safer knowing that he is around.

What have we come to? Why are you posters talking about shooting people? Don't you feel any shame at all?

Yet people who are opposed to trump are said to be violent.

No....people who are opposed to Trump have shown they are insane and violent, from black lives matter to antifa to the violent attacks against Trump supporters that are on going, from beatings, shootings, having hats grabbed, to the assassination attempt on Trump during the campaign, to the assassination attempt against the entire Republican baseball team, the violence is never ending.

The Alt-Right? You mean all 10 of them? The violence is all from the left.

You really are insane.

No....people who are opposed to Trump have shown they are insane and violent, from black lives matter to antifa to the violent attacks against Trump supporters that are on going, from beatings, shootings, having hats grabbed, to the assassination attempt on Trump during the campaign, to the assassination attempt against the entire Republican baseball team, the violence is never ending.

You really are insane.

All of the threats of shooting people, all of the primitive types at the orange whore's "rallies" chanting "lock her up" as the orange whore encourages them to beat people up, the threats over the internet against women, LGBTs, Muslims, these white gangs running around with guns in the woods, calling themselves "militia" and calling themselves "patriots," people vandalizing mosques and synagogues. This is all coming from the right, white-trash redneck types.

You really are insane.

All of the threats of shooting people, all of the primitive types at the orange whore's "rallies" chanting "lock her up" as the orange whore encourages them to beat people up, the threats over the internet against women, LGBTs, Muslims, these white gangs running around with guns in the woods, calling themselves "militia" and calling themselves "patriots," people vandalizing mosques and synagogues. This is all coming from the right, white-trash redneck types.

Yeah, all these words! My God, that's SOOOO much worse than the gangs of leftists ACTUALLY beating people up and destroying property. Rainbow trash isn't any better than white trash, Loserstrata.

Side note: The right hardly has the corner on the racism market, however much you dumbasses want to pretend the Klan is still a thing. And anti-Semitism is most definitely a leftist thing.

You're adorable.

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

What is there to prove? It's all over the place. Example: watch a rally led by the orange whore and watch the primitive tribal types chant and jump around. It's pathetic.

People who have an issue with what their pol stands for have a right to speak up in a Town Hall, don't they? Isn't that part of what it is for? To get a feel for what the people want? That's what they used to be for, anyway. During the Obamacare debates in the Legislature, it was a very hot button topic for a lot of people afraid of losing their medical insurance. That is understandable.

This thread has morphed into the usual hating the "other side" in the most stereotypical ways. Let's just not forget that there are real issues that people want to be heard about.
I don't approve of bad behavior or drowning out a speaker, so don't "argue" with me by bringing up more of those "examples."

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

What is there to prove? It's all over the place. Example: watch a rally led by the orange whore and watch the primitive tribal types chant and jump around. It's pathetic.

Snowflakes like you simply cannot deal with the fact that millions of Americans voted for and still support President Trump.

A complete blithering imbecile said:
why Republicans are so terrified of holding Town Hall meetings this year

Are they?

I've never been to one, so I don't keep track, but while bed wetting malcontent douchebags are running around setting shit on fire it's probably best not to present targets for you pieces of shit.

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

Snowflakes like you simply cannot deal with the fact that millions of Americans voted for and still support President Trump.

Many more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton. You can have your trash, chanting and jumping up and down like the monkeys they are. I would just like to stay upwind of them.

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

Many more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton. You can have your trash, chanting and jumping up and down like the monkeys they are. I would just like to stay upwind of them.

Illegal alien votes in California and other democrat controlled states and cities do not count.

----------------

Republicans work all it is a bunch of welfare whore Democrats being bussed place to place showing their red ass to the nation.

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

Prove they are Americans, oh wait states refuse to release their voting records.

You really are insane.

Prove it, Snowflake!

so what?.....many of them voted for her because she was the so called "lessor of 2 evils" .....what an endorsement...

No reason for them really. Everything is moving to virtual these days.
images

Forum List

Back