anyone know if this is a real gun or just hollywood bull?

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Look, the hammer isn't cocked but the trigger is set like it would be if cocked. I say HW crappola.

funny gun 1.png

Last edited:
A double-action revolver will fire without the hammer being cocked back.

Only single-action firearms (cowboy style) require being cocked between firings.
Of course they will but the trigger would be more forward in the trigger guard like this one.

View attachment 466299

We're talking about a movie, so accuracy isn't really their aim here. But, trigger pull weight and stroke are adjustable by a gun smith. There are advantages, and disadvantages, to a light pull and a short stroke.

Only single-action firearms (cowboy style) require being cocked between firings.

That's not correct. The gun would only look like that after a shot was fired but the trigger has not yet been released to reset. Double action still requires a hammer cock, it's just that the hammer cock is achieved by pulling on the trigger. The hammer must still move back to strike the firing pin and thus the primer.

Of course they will but the trigger would be more forward in the trigger guard like this one.

View attachment 466299

We're talking about a movie, so accuracy isn't really their aim here. But, trigger pull weight and stroke are adjustable by a gun smith. There are advantages, and disadvantages, to a light pull and a short stroke.
Yeah don't try short strokes in my house, you'll never get laid again.

Not when it's that close to the frame.
There's nowhere for the trigger to go at the position it's in.
As in there's no way there's enough room to pull the trigger through the double action.
If the hammer was already set I could see it.

Look, the hammer isn't cocked but the trigger is set like it would be if cocked. I say HW crappola.

View attachment 466294

Yep...hollyweird fakery no doubt.
That's from Blue Bloods, it's an entertaining series so I watch it, but almost each time they show a perp holding a Glock to someone's head, the trigger is at the back of the trigger guard. lol, and their finger is OFF the trigger.

View attachment 466294

Yep...hollyweird fakery no doubt.
That's from Blue Bloods, it's an entertaining series so I watch it, but almost each time they show a perp holding a Glock to someone's head, the trigger is at the back of the trigger guard. lol, and their finger is OFF the trigger.

They have to be very careful after what happened to Brandon Lee.

View attachment 466294

I should have been a Detective. :auiqs.jpg:

Blue Bloods - Season 3. It's a "Stainless Non Gun Revolver."

Has slightly different grips though.

" Trevor Holt (Boris McGiver) is seen wielding a stainless revolver in "No Regrets" (S3E18). Upon closer inspection, this appears to be a Non Gun."

Snubnongun.jpg

Halfway down the page:

Blue Bloods - Season 3 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

View attachment 466294

I should have been a Detective. :auiqs.jpg:

Blue Bloods - Season 3. It's a "Stainless Non Gun Revolver."

Has slightly different grips though.

" Trevor Holt (Boris McGiver) is seen wielding a stainless revolver in "No Regrets" (S3E18). Upon closer inspection, this appears to be a Non Gun."

Snubnongun.jpg

Halfway down the page:

Blue Bloods - Season 3 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games
I feel...so...stupid...and I've got that not so fresh feeling again....

Forum List

Back