I Forgot To Load The Vid Of The F-35 Flying(literally!) Camaro.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
Sorry boys about the missing vid of the flying Camaro. Realized I was about to be late for work so posted the first post in haste. I got a 2nd post ready to post with videos but it just disappeared on me??? Here is my 3rd attempt @ it. I found out some more info on the flying Camaro, plus have included three more vids for entertainment for my fellow board members. I've seen a lot of fuelers including both AA/FD & AA/FC go airborne but not door slammers, until now! These street outlaw rigs remind me of "modern day" versions of the supercharged gassers(AA/G) of old but incredible fasssst!!!! Many of these rigs are not running wheelie bars because the insane wheelies draw the spectators & spectators = the all important $$$$$! Still, a coil over bar(shorty) set of adjustable wheelie bars could/might prevent a wheel standing rig from going airborne when @ speed.

These 'door slammers' are running 4- second ET's @ over 200 mph going through the traps! Hey, I appreciate the show but I appreciate a LOT more to see my fellow hotrodders/competitors collect the $$$$$ than pushing daisies. The 2nd vid is of the same Camaro but gives a better rear view of the action. Notice @ 0.14 that the left chute case has either ripped off by contact with the deck or been released by driver Tim Slavens. At 0.15 the Camaro is nose straight up with her tail straight down with about 4 feet of daylight between the slicks & deck. It's a miracle that friction between the chute case & deck did not destroy the parachute as Tim would not have had the time to deploy the 2nd parachute.

The 3rd vid shows long wheelie bars like I would expect on a dedicated quarter mile track rig(FFI rig @ 1:20). Left lane goes through the traps with front tires off the deck @ 196 mph!!!

In the 4th vid we see a couple supercharged rigs competing against Tim's twin turbo Camaro. At 4:02 the camera zooms in through the porthole in the right side window onto Stevie Fast's eyes. I can read every thought his eyes are transmitting as any driver getting wired up for a launch is thinking identical to one another, including ones own mortality. That Jehovian sound of those air valves in the supercharger hat being winged open still gives me goose pimples. Drag racing/street racing is like the hotel California; one can check out anytime they want, but one can never never leave!

Forum List

Back