Anyone know anything about this knife?

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A friend gave it to me and I can't find any info on it. It says American Hunter on one side of the blade and Pakistan on the other. It sharpened up really good and cuts stuff easily. Here's a couple of shots:

american hunter.jpg

american hunter 2.jpg

The butt cap is unusual and the knife is 9 and 1/4 inches long. Thanks in advance.

A friend gave it to me and I can't find any info on it. It says American Hunter on one side of the blade and Pakistan on the other. It sharpened up really good and cuts stuff easily. Here's a couple of shots:

View attachment 476519

View attachment 476521

The butt cap is unusual and the knife is 9 and 1/4 inches long. Thanks in advance.

Is the handle real bone?

View attachment 476519

View attachment 476521

It's an older skinner from American Hunter. You can tell by the upswept blade and the beefy grip. It's a good knife, but not particularly collectable or anything.

• Banned

Here is a somewhat similar model:

Yours looks to be a somewhat older model whose places of original span between China and Pakistan.

• Banned

Yours looks to be a somewhat older model whose places of original span between China and Pakistan.
Thanks, I figgered it was a cheap knife but it sharpened up real good and appears to be full tang.

View attachment 476519

View attachment 476521

could be a vintage pakistan bowie knife....

1617663922893.png

Thanks, I figgered it was a cheap knife but it sharpened up real good and appears to be full tang.
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.

View attachment 476519

View attachment 476521

Is the handle real bone?

You mean antler. I don't think bone works for knife handles, but antler does.

View attachment 476519

View attachment 476521

Is the handle real bone?

You mean antler. I don't think bone works for knife handles, but antler does.

It's all basically the same thing. Antler is an outgrowth of the bone in the skull with slight changes. Obvious, I never meant to imply a bone from inside the body.

Love bone handles. No two are exactly alike. Keep in mind there are a lot of types of bone from cow to camel to various stags to mammoth.

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.
That's why I like the word inexpensive rather than cheap.

I have some knives I got for little money that I have used for years.

Forum List

Back