Anyone For Making Voting a Federal Right?

You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?
Can you name any citizen who doesn’t have the right to vote?

No one possesses a federal right to vote. Look it up. Quote any law you can find stating the contrary.
And I don't care that you actually watch Tucker Carlson and take what he says so damned seriously.
Rights aren’t granted by federal law. The Constitution simply forbids the federal government from infringing on it.

I’m going to throw a bone in part of your argument GN about voters being intimidated by people standing too close to them, aka the “partisan poll watchers”. I can only use my imagination to think of people truly feeling intimidated by poll watchers. I don’t claim to know all watchers, so maybe there are a few big burly guys in the mix and you’re referencing people who are physically frail and mentally challenged. I am a small framed female and even then would not feel physically intimidated by large males, even if they were standing within inches of me. Nowadays, all that’s required is a hard faked coughing spell- that’ll clear the area either that or… well I’ll save that thought because some reader might not know I’m joking lol

If partisan poll watchers are physically or verbally assaulting voters while they’re standing in line to vote that is a crime. How many of these aggressive Republican poll watchers were arrested this past election throughout the states? If voters were physically and verbally assaulted while standing in line, there would have been numbers of arrests aired by national news outlets. The national media outlets did air their grievances about Republican poll watchers, but that was primarily due to full promotion of the other (left) side. It will be interesting to see if these LSM outlets air the same grievances for Democrat poll watchers when the table turns again.

I can't Imagine how someone watching me vote could possibly intimidate me nor would it change my vote.

Rights aren’t granted by federal law. The Constitution simply forbids the federal government from infringing on it.
It's complicated.
The first 10 amendments to the Constitution, known as the Bill of Rights, guarantee essential rights and civil liberties, such as the right to free speech, the right to bear arms, and the right to a fair trial, as well as protecting the role of the states in American government.
These "essential" or "inalienable" rights are what we supposedly secured by fighting off the British. Negative rights or limits to government powers over the people and States are granted in the Bill of Rights. However, the 14th equally limited State powers so, having already made the federal government paramount, State powers simply became more limited. Also, history teaches that being called "essential" or "inalienable" hasn't attached the permanence one might expect from such rights. I requested a federal law quote because we remain a nation based upon law -- not upon stuff just pulled and flung from one's behind, like Because the 14th Amendment says so, you moron!
The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States—including former enslaved people—and guaranteed all citizens “equal protection of the laws.”
Equal protection and equally limited State power to deny "rights" being the idea behind what follows:
In its later sections, the 14th Amendment authorized the federal government to punish states that violated or abridged their citizens’ right to vote by proportionally reducing the states’ representation in Congress, and mandated that anyone who “engaged in insurrection” against the United States could not hold civil, military or elected office (without the approval of two-thirds of the House and Senate).
An equal protection condition being applied to some presumed, associated "right" that's still never actually been spelled out or formally granted federally. Screwing with "their citizens’ right to vote"? Who's they? Must mean a State. Context is instructive, my fellow idiots.

Last edited:
It's complicated.

These "essential" or "inalienable" rights are what we supposedly secured by fighting off the British. Negative rights or limits to government powers over the people and States are granted in the Bill of Rights. However, the 14th equally limited State powers so, having already made the federal government paramount, State powers simply became more limited. Also, history teaches that being called "essential" or "inalienable" hasn't attached the permanence one might expect from such rights. I requested a federal law quote because we remain a nation based upon law -- not upon stuff just pulled and flung from one's behind, like Because the 14th Amendment says so, you moron!

Equal protection and equally limited State power to deny "rights" being the idea behind what follows:

An equal protection condition being applied to some presumed, associated "right" that's still never actually been spelled out or formally granted federally. Screwing with "their citizens’ right to vote"? Who's they? Must mean one spelled out and granted by a State. Context is instructive, my fellow idiots.
Thanks for demonstrating you still can’t prove anyone has been denied the right to vote because of the lack of a federal law you are pining for.

Thanks for demonstrating you still can’t prove anyone has been denied the right to vote because of the lack of a federal law you are pining for.
You're most welcome, my dear. Have you even bothered to search yet for anyone claiming to have been "denied the right to vote because of the lack of a federal law"? I'm sure someone must have. I've also made plain that no such federal right exists.. which you appear to agree with me about. Perhaps, in the future, when you want topics to be about all the things you want them to be.. well, you know what you can always do!

You made an utterly false and utterly stupid claim. Voter integrity laws endanger your Reich, as you depend on election fraud to maintain power.

There is a federal right to vote, the 14th Amendment. What you Nazis want to do is federalize voting itself so that you can institutionalize election fraud and ensure perpetual power for your Reich.
Your local republic party has reviewed the previous post and found it to be low in NAZIs. Please review the post and increase your level of NAZI's.

You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?
All elections are state elections; the federal government does not hold any elections.
That said, your rright o vote in your state elections is protected by the US constitution.
So... what's your point?

All elections are state elections; the federal government does not hold any elections.
That said, your rright o vote in your state elections is protected by the US constitution.
So... what's your point?
Are the federal elected offices for each state?

Yes, so federal laws dictate elections.

Are the federal elected offices for each state?
Each state has an allocation of federal representatives, all of whom are elected in state elections.
Yes, so federal laws dictate elections.
As I said:
That said, your right to vote in your state elections is protected by the US constitution.

So... what's your point?

Actually, we do have a right to vote – but the Supreme Court has decided to not safeguard that right through the judicial process.

That leaves the political process, where such legislation is very much needed to defend that right from Republican state lawmakers.

your rright o vote in your state elections is protected by the US constitution.
So... what's your point?
If "your right to vote in your state elections" was "protected by the US constitution" it follows that you could easily quote the pertaining amendment or federal statute. Do it!
Actually, we do have a right to vote
A federal right to vote? Pretend I'm from Missouri and Show Me!

One only need glance at our long history of slow progress and just imagine the trouble that could have been saved by simply granting a federal right to vote to all U.S. adult citizens to begin with. There are still many U.S. adult citizens who are not permitted to vote for Presidential candidates.
14th Amendment. 15th amendment. 19th Amendment.
52 USC $ 10101.

So... what's your point?
Again, quote where they say we have a federal right to vote (in general), snookums.

Anyone For Making Voting a Federal Right? Still Waiting..​

One only need glance at our long history of slow progress and just imagine the trouble that could have been saved by simply granting a federal right to vote to all U.S. adult citizens to begin with. There are still many U.S. adult citizens who are not permitted to vote for Presidential candidates.

Again, quote where they say we have a federal right to vote (in general), snookums.
Read for comprehension, Karen -- I didn;t say it was.

If ad hominem is all you have left then kindly piss off. You're welcome.

Shouldn't U.S. citizens residing in U.S. territories be legally entitled to vote for their President?

Forum List

Back