Anyone For Making Voting a Federal Right?

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?
Washington, D.C. — Today Georgia U.S. Senator Jon Ossoff introduced the Right to Vote Act, legislation to create a first-ever affirmative Federal voting rights guarantee for all U.S. citizens.

You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?

14th Amendment, Nazi.

God but you mothefuckers are stupid.

I never thought about that voting wasn't a "right' per se since legal status is primarily what is thought about, when as a minor about focused on becoming legal age, a felon who served the time can be reinstated to vote, but yes..no actual stated "right to vote" for anyone. I'm concerned some might contemplate a potential mandatory voting for the future for multiple countries, but I've been personally a bit more grumbly lately so maybe I'm not looking enough at the potential positive outcomes...so there's that;)

Ummmm, you idiots keep changing the facts to fit your mantra. The part about, "some people here don't want other people being able to vote", just shows how full of shit you really are. The part of, Federal voting rights guarantee for all U.S. citizens, that IS the key to what we want, and it's already there for us. You twits on the other hand, want anyone who'll vote for a democrat to be able to vote. Hence....all the fucking giveaways for the illegals. Deal with it dumbshit.

Last edited:
Common sense: anyone who supports fair voting process supports having a clean (hint: no internet connection with machines.... what fools...during) national election. I worked at a polling station years ago and saw on a small scale several "grey areas", and I wasn't at all focused on looking for any thing out of the ordinary. That was back in the day when, at least an illusion of a fair and untainted election was the vibe, so I had little concern!

The part about, "some people here don't want other people being able to vote", just shows how full of shit you really are.
That part is what I wrote and is just a fact as plain as the nose on your face.. and you know it.
The part of, Federal voting rights guarantee for all U.S. citizens, that IS the key to what we want, and it's already there for us.
So then you literally support
the Right to Vote Act, legislation to create a first-ever affirmative Federal voting rights guarantee for all U.S. citizens.
But with forked tongue. No, it's obviously not "there for us" yet. Do you seriously think Senator Ossoff would write up and introduce such a proposal if it were? Nothing better to do, hmmmmm?

Common sense: anyone who supports fair voting process supports having a clean (hint: no internet connection with machines.... what fools...during) national election. I worked at a polling station years ago and saw on a small scale several "grey areas", and I wasn't at all focused on looking for any thing out of the ordinary. That was back in the day when, at least an illusion of a fair and untainted election was the vibe, so I had little concern!
Indeed, however one must differentiate between "voter fraud", which has proven insignificant time and again, and vote tampering carried out by election workers and associated officials. Internet connections make such tampering easy, though perhaps not so easy to cover up. Tampering can include allowing partisan hacks to stand around entrances to polling places intimidating voters, gerrymandering, deliberately restricting the number of voting machines available in certain areas, and demanding ID where voter names, addresses, and phone numbers are already well established and affirmed with a compared signature. Mail in ballots have largely begun to eliminate such nonsense, thank goodness.

Last edited:
I want everyone to be able to vote - even if it's for people/things I don't like.

BUT

Nowadays because folk can't be trusted, if it were up to me then they'd need ID to vote.

Don't like it? tough shit. What do you have to hide? if you can't afford a few dollars or pounds (in the UK) to get your ID then the state will provide you with an ID for this purpose after you verify your identity with them.

I'd also go one step further and have certain folk take a cognitive test (again at the expense of the state) before they are allowed to vote. So many folk have no idea what they are actually voting for.

Perfect example in Scotland. I have relatives and friends who vote for the SNP. Their reason is "because they are Scottish" and then they come out with some cringeworthy nationalists claptrap about how proud they are to be Scottish etc.

But these same folk are also strongly against immigration, multiculturalism, wokeness, cancel culture, promotion of LGBTQ nonsense, anti-BLM etc etc which flies hard in the face of what the SNP, as a political party actually stand for as a hard-left "progressive" political party.

It's actually insane and I can't get my head around it. This faux, cringeworthy display of Scottish nationalism just overrides everything else and that's where they want their vote to go.

I've no problem with leftists voting for parties on the left with progressive policies should they choose. That's what makes sense to me and the way it should work, but not conservative/right leaning folk doing it for reasons that they don't even understand themselves.

Who in America of voting age does not have a right to vote?
Where do you get your info from?

^Speaking of those people^
You made an utterly false and utterly stupid claim. Voter integrity laws endanger your Reich, as you depend on election fraud to maintain power.

There is a federal right to vote, the 14th Amendment. What you Nazis want to do is federalize voting itself so that you can institutionalize election fraud and ensure perpetual power for your Reich.

Indeed, however one must differentiate between "voter fraud", which has proven insignificant time and again, and vote tampering carried out by election workers and associated officials. Internet connections make such tampering easy, though perhaps not so easy to cover up. Tampering can include allowing partisan hacks to stand around entrances to polling places intimidating voters, gerrymandering, deliberately restricting the number of voting machines available in certain areas, and demanding ID where voter names, addresses, and phone numbers are already well established and affirmed with a compared signature. Mail in ballots have largely begun to eliminate such nonsense, thank goodness.
I’m going to throw a bone in part of your argument GN about voters being intimidated by people standing too close to them, aka the “partisan poll watchers”. I can only use my imagination to think of people truly feeling intimidated by poll watchers. I don’t claim to know all watchers, so maybe there are a few big burly guys in the mix and you’re referencing people who are physically frail and mentally challenged. I am a small framed female and even then would not feel physically intimidated by large males, even if they were standing within inches of me. Nowadays, all that’s required is a hard faked coughing spell- that’ll clear the area either that or… well I’ll save that thought because some reader might not know I’m joking lol

If partisan poll watchers are physically or verbally assaulting voters while they’re standing in line to vote that is a crime. How many of these aggressive Republican poll watchers were arrested this past election throughout the states? If voters were physically and verbally assaulted while standing in line, there would have been numbers of arrests aired by national news outlets. The national media outlets did air their grievances about Republican poll watchers, but that was primarily due to full promotion of the other (left) side. It will be interesting to see if these LSM outlets air the same grievances for Democrat poll watchers when the table turns again.

I used the term "partisan hacks" trying to eliminate such confusion. Yes, they are most often referred to as "poll watchers" now, however even a partisan poll watcher could theoretically be serving a legitimate purpose like monitoring vote counts or perhaps collecting exit poll information to be reported on after the fact. Poll "workers" are, of course, fine. But people making an overt show of local partisan unity (in addition to the sign wars) is what I've experienced in the past and meant by "intimidation." I don't care what party it is. When several local bigshots, say the school board chair, township head, and the police chief all gather around where you're standing in line minding your own business, and they greet you, introduce themselves, try to hand you their partisan ballot literature,.. it's fucking annoying as shit and the message is quite clear. No physical "intimidation" required whatsoever.

I used the term "partisan hacks" trying to eliminate such confusion. Yes, they are most often referred to as "poll watchers" now, however even a partisan poll watcher could theoretically be serving a legitimate purpose like monitoring vote counts or perhaps collecting exit poll information to be reported on after the fact. Poll "workers" are, of course, fine. But people making an overt show of local partisan unity (in addition to the sign wars) is what I've experienced in the past and meant by "intimidation." I don't care what party it is. When several local bigshots, say the school board chair, township head, and the police chief all gather around where you're standing in line minding your own business, and they greet you, introduce themselves, try to hand you their partisan ballot literature,.. it's fucking annoying as shit and the message is quite clear. No physical "intimidation" required whatsoever.
Yes, I’ve experienced a similar thing in local elections. The city had to create a law about 10 years or so ago, to keep what I think of as “solicitors” to be so many feet away from the doors of each polling station. Both sides have clusters of promoters hanging out who are eager to hand you their campaign materials before you go into the voting precinct. I’ve never liked that, but now they don’t bother you if you don’t give them any eye contact, forget about being friendly, and I tend to walk fast anyway lol

No one possesses a federal right to vote. Look it up. Quote any law you can find stating the contrary.
And I don't care that you actually watch Tucker Carlson and take what he says so damned seriously.

Does this sound like I have a right?
I consult the constitution if your in doubt.

Eligibility to vote in the United States is governed by the United States Constitution and by federal and state laws. Several constitutional amendments (the Fifteenth, Nineteenth, and Twenty-sixth specifically) require that voting rights of U.S. citizens cannot be abridged on account of race, color, previous condition of servitude, sex, or age (18 and older); the constitution as originally written did not establish any such rights during 1787–1870, except that if a state permitted a person to vote for the "most numerous branch" of its state legislature, it was required to permit that person to vote in elections for members of the United States House of Representatives

Forum List

Back