CDZ Anyone about through with eating out ??

Here in Florida we have Publix grocery stores. You can order a wide array of sandwiches in their deli department.

I love a good "Pub Sub"...

Publix does everything better! My first job as a 15 year old was bagging groceries at Publix.

We are visiting Bonzi's mother this long weekend, we usually stay over in Huntington, WV on the way.
We always go to a restaurant there called the Bahnhof Wvrsthaus. VERY good food, and terrific atmosphere. And a fantastic beer menu with 33 choices, many they brew themselves.
Sadly, they are no different. Obviously short staffed. The food was disappointing and most certainly premade and heated up in a microwave.
First bad experience we have had there ever. UGH
Sorry to hear that, but these days it seems to be a problem more and more.

We're having fresh venison backstraps via my son. No restaurant can match that. Plus it helps restaurants if we don't frequent them.

Recently I've done a good bit of eating out at fast food places, and sadly that's about to change. Eating at home is the best solution these days, where as the disappointments are far less going to be the case.

I can't win for losing it seems.

Either they constantly get your order wrong or the service is pure crap or the food preparation is pure crap. Hiring anybody and/or everybody, and doing so out of just desperation is proving to be a very unprofitable thing for these places or companies.

I know, I know that I might be just a tiny little blip on their radar screens, but I figure that it's a blip that is going to get larger and larger if they don't do something fast about getting it right at least 98% of the time.

Then when you go to a website to complain, many have insulated themselves by making it frustrating to get to the area in which the complaint can be made, otherwise just like many of the other miscellaneous corporations have now figured out also to do in America. That's right frustrate the process in hopes the consumer will give up. How un-American is that ?

Then you try to call an American company for service or other, and you get the India crew on the phone. Half the time you can't make out what they are saying sadly enough.

The American consumer is becoming so disenfranchised within their own nation, that we have become sheep with wolves snarling all around us now.

What will change this I wonder ??
They can't really do restaurants right now. Not enough people they can hire to do the work.

We haven't eaten out since March 2020; and I'm not planning to. Good thing, because many here aren't having dining in, just take out now!

I sure know what you mean about them deliberately frustrating the complaint processes --- all businesses are doing that. They just don't want to deal with it, because they can't fix it. And yeah, the Asians from god-only-knows-where in the call centers. The Wall Street Journal REQUIRES you to talk with one of these criminals in order to cancel the subscription!!!! So she starts a long hard-sell harangue to not let you unsubscribe. I ended up screaming at her; they did unsubscribe me, but I was pretty worried I'd have to kill my credit card to get out of it. The problem was the personnel problem everywhere ---- worse and worse paper delivery and finally none: why pay and not get it? So we stopped.

Same deal with trying to frustrate complaints by the garbage people who have been later and later since August 1 and now skip whole weeks, the trash sitting out there by the road all the time. They don't want to hear it: you have to be really persevering and stubborn. My husband was on hold 45 minutes yesterday before he could talk to anyone to tell them we want what we already paid for, trash pickup.

I have some sympathy: they simply can't do it. Not enough people. And not enough trucks and drivers. And winter is coming: there will be fewer and fewer employees even than now, and it's dysfunctional now.

The economy is certainly in a tailspin. I'd like to eat out again, but it will be a few years as things are going now.

They can't really do restaurants right now. Not enough people they can hire to do the work.

We haven't eaten out since March 2020; and I'm not planning to. Good thing, because many here aren't having dining in, just take out now!

I sure know what you mean about them deliberately frustrating the complaint processes --- all businesses are doing that. They just don't want to deal with it, because they can't fix it. And yeah, the Asians from god-only-knows-where in the call centers. The Wall Street Journal REQUIRES you to talk with one of these criminals in order to cancel the subscription!!!! So she starts a long hard-sell harangue to not let you unsubscribe. I ended up screaming at her; they did unsubscribe me, but I was pretty worried I'd have to kill my credit card to get out of it. The problem was the personnel problem everywhere ---- worse and worse paper delivery and finally none: why pay and not get it? So we stopped.

Same deal with trying to frustrate complaints by the garbage people who have been later and later since August 1 and now skip whole weeks, the trash sitting out there by the road all the time. They don't want to hear it: you have to be really persevering and stubborn. My husband was on hold 45 minutes yesterday before he could talk to anyone to tell them we want what we already paid for, trash pickup.

I have some sympathy: they simply can't do it. Not enough people. And not enough trucks and drivers. And winter is coming: there will be fewer and fewer employees even than now, and it's dysfunctional now.

The economy is certainly in a tailspin. I'd like to eat out again, but it will be a few years as things are going now.
Sad state of affairs.

Recently I've done a good bit of eating out at fast food places, and sadly that's about to change. Eating at home is the best solution these days, where as the disappointments are far less going to be the case.

Either they constantly get your order wrong or the service is pure crap or the food preparation is pure crap. Hiring anybody and/or everybody, and doing so out of just desperation is proving to be a very unprofitable thing for these places or companies.

I know, I know that I might be just a tiny little blip on their radar screens, but I figure that it's a blip that is going to get larger and larger if they don't do something fast about getting it right at least 98% of the time.

Then when you go to a website to complain, many have insulated themselves by making it frustrating to get to the area in which the complaint can be made, otherwise just like many of the other miscellaneous corporations have now figured out also to do in America. That's right frustrate the process in hopes the consumer will give up. How un-American is that ?

Then you try to call an American company for service or other, and you get the India crew on the phone. Half the time you can't make out what they are saying sadly enough.

The American consumer is becoming so disenfranchised within their own nation, that we have become sheep with wolves snarling all around us now.

If you give a business feedback, they can get better. So never complain because if you're not happy with them, why help them to get better, just vote with your feet, go elsewhere and watch them drive their business into the ground. New places open all the time.

I couldn't have said that better myself. Thank you!
You little Buckaroo!! :) Giddy Up and keep up the good work!

If you give a business feedback, they can get better. So never complain because if you're not happy with them, why help them to get better, just vote with your feet, go elsewhere and watch them drive their business into the ground. New places open all the time.
Yep, and that's why home cooking it is. I won't be missing anything that's for sure.

Fast food gets tiresome. As an ex trucker, I can tell you from experience.

But I've recently moved into a house, after living with others for like 2 years. I was glad to get back to cooking home meals. I have chicken thawing at the moment for tonight's meal. But I've been cooking 3 or 4 times a week since I moved into this house. And that's getting old too. 1.5hrs cooking and cleaning up for 10 minutes of eating. I think that got old even faster than fast food.

You've noticed that too? The wife and I went out to eat just the other day and I was remarking to her how everything seems to have degraded over the last year and a half. The food was prepared well but the supplies and ingredients seem to have gotten lower-quality, especially in the salad bar. I've seen this in other restaurants as well.

I I stopped into MacDonalds a few months ago, and decided to get those chicken nuggets. It's been decades since I've had any. Holy hell, compared to what they used to look like, I was unpleasantly surprised. It seemed as if the original ones had been sitting on the counter for a few days. A lot smaller, harder to chew.

I don't do fast food much anymore because the service gets worse, the food is more bland and generic, and the prices are too high.

I don't go to restaurants much anymore either. They are always in a rush to get you in and out asking for your order before you even get a drink and pestering you every 90 seconds till you do, it's get more and more expensive while the food quality goes down, too many restaurants all the mostly same items, the staff are less friendly, new electronic bill devices try and push you to tip more, and I come across more rude people around me.

Dining out used to be something nice and fun to do or even special, like flying, or going to the movies. But now it's just an expensive chore that has little entertainment value that's been worn down to just a nub of just wanting my money with the least amount of effort.

I hardly go anymore. Cost too much for too little. Fast food is slow now. Better off eating at home. It's cheaper and tastes better.

None of the complaints listed in this thread are anything new, a ot of that has been around since I can remember; it's easy to get into some kind of food business, so of course a lot more of them are going to suck. Just find those that are well managed and good at training and retaining employees. There is often a vast difference in quality among restaurants in the same franchise, which is why the morning coffee club of old farts I hang with has been at this one particular joint for years; it is better run than the other two nearby in the same franchise, and better than the other different competing franchises around. It has turnover but not nearly as much as the norm for other joints, and they take care of complaints very well without having to spend 10 minutes waiting on a manager to get around to resolving the issues.

It's not hard to get repeat business when the owners actually give a crap about the quality levels. Many of these franchises are corporate owned, not locally owned, hence the lack of consistency and the low quality of management, and that is true of many restaurants, not just fast food, and in fact fast food has higher profit margins than many sit down restaurants, almost double on average, so it can attract better owner/operators.

As for the myth that 'regular' restaurants are cleaner and more 'professional' in operations, that is just a myth as well.

Forum List

Back