CDZ Anyone about through with eating out ??

Here in Florida we have Publix grocery stores. You can order a wide array of sandwiches in their deli department.

I love a good "Pub Sub"...
The subs at Publix are good and filling. The last time I got a sub there, I got two. That was about a week ago.

We usually only eat out on special occasions and then it's mostly at the higher end restaurants around us.

We usually only eat out on special occasions and then it's mostly at the higher end restaurants around us.
Yep it's become very picky for us now too, because these corporate assembly lines are in no shape to pump out service and great product's with what they have going on in the human resources Dept. Sad but true in my area. If they do start paying $15.00 an hour, I hope they use it to attract better worker's who might maybe give a crap about their jobs.

Yes, but even eating out is resulting in lower quality food---I think the food chains are cutting costs by cutting ingredients as well.

I know for a fact they make burger patties much smaller than when I was growing up, which was why no native Texan would go near a McDonald's when the average 35 cent hamburger basket in the late 60's and early 70's had a patty 3 times larger and hand cut fries. Now they aren't even a quarter itch thick and a basket runs almost $10, and it ain't because minimum wage went up, not even close; the right wingers are just as full of shit as left wingers are re economics. We have the history of wholesale meat prices since Reagan busted the unions and replaced Ameircn workers with Asian refugees and illegal aliens in the meat packing industry since the early 1980's as clear proof of that.

No, Biden is his own fault, but the food and service is now a result of years of progressive's and/or liberal Democrat's breaking down American quality in many areas over the year's, and now look what we've got ?
Rubbish. It is corporations' own management decisions who did them in, all self-inflicted problems. There is no 'labor shortage', and never has been; it's just another lie to cover up crappy management and stockholder greed.

Rubbish. It is corporations' own management decisions who did them in, all self-inflicted problems. There is no 'labor shortage', and never has been; it's just another lie to cover up crappy management and stockholder greed.
True, but we gotta throw in the decline in human resources quality, unless you want to claim that it doesn't factor in ?? It's a combination for sure, but we gotta look at it all ... A glass half full is a glass half full.

Honestly, I can see his point. While a lot of restaurants are doing brisk business, the food quality I have experienced has been horrible. I chalk it up to overworked, underpaid staff that has lost the incentive to take pride in their work.

It has to do with devolution of the human brain, namely that of the average service worker. That and EVERYONE is constantly competing with everyone else for every last available scrap of everything. It's called Combat Living. Welcome to the arena . . .
Odd, I would have said that it has to do with the entitlement beliefs of this society. Everyone believes they are entitled to get at least $15 an hour without putting in the effort it takes to earn those wages.

We are visiting Bonzi's mother this long weekend, we usually stay over in Huntington, WV on the way.
We always go to a restaurant there called the Bahnhof Wvrsthaus. VERY good food, and terrific atmosphere. And a fantastic beer menu with 33 choices, many they brew themselves.
Sadly, they are no different. Obviously short staffed. The food was disappointing and most certainly premade and heated up in a microwave.
First bad experience we have had there ever. UGH

Honestly, I can see his point. While a lot of restaurants are doing brisk business, the food quality I have experienced has been horrible. I chalk it up to overworked, underpaid staff that has lost the incentive to take pride in their work.
That's why communism (or 'almost communism') will always fail.

Forum List

Back