Anybody like the Beegees? is this song a modern version?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
I'll post the link.. the first minute builds up, but then at 1 min a Beegees feel kicks in. I wasn't alive (or stayin' alive) for the disco rave.. but this came out in late 2010's, and it made me think of that era. Anyone agree/disagree?

I'll post the link.. the first minute builds up, but then at 1 min a Beegees feel kicks in. I wasn't alive (or stayin' alive) for the disco rave.. but this came out in late 2010's, and it made me think of that era. Anyone agree/disagree?

Its not bad. Sounds familiar. I just wish musicians would stop using autotune. I am not a fan of that sound at all. Its also creating lazy, uneducated musicians which is in turn causing generations to lose the art of musicianship. Im not saying that applies to this group, im just saying in general.

Rappers shouldnt be making "hooks". They arent singers, so they dont have the instincts of singers who are vastly superior at crafting melodies that capture your attention. Rappers DO make all the singing parts now in their songs though. Why find a great singer when you can become the star yourself with a crappy little program, right? You end up with basic shit as a result, then basic shit becomes the norm and then that becomes what is popular. Its a nasty cycle that needs to be broken.

The BeeGees?

YOU are the ENEMY!

Its not bad. Sounds familiar. I just wish musicians would stop using autotune. I am not a fan of that sound at all. Its also creating lazy, uneducated musicians which is in turn causing generations to lose the art of musicianship. Im not saying that applies to this group, im just saying in general.

Rappers shouldnt be making "hooks". They arent singers, so they dont have the instincts of singers who are vastly superior at crafting melodies that capture your attention. Rappers DO make all the singing parts now in their songs though. Why find a great singer when you can become the star yourself with a crappy little program, right?
I like a fellow ear-catcher, you give noticeable observations.

Yes, autotune has ruined a ton of music. Some of the greatest sounds in the history of vocals are because of their technical imperfections, not because they are perfectuly in tune or pitch.

Rappers have definitely prospered off of technology, able to promote a vocal hook they would have no business or ability to produce on their own on their CD.. and then inevitably let their fans down once they go on tour.

The problem relies with the fact that as of now.. minimal vocalists can continue to dominate the charts off of attributes that are non-musical. But hey, that's been a complaint for years/decades. I'm not saying the modern artists aren't free from critique, they are pushing the issue FAR more than previous generations IMO.

Do reply. I'm drinking and want to talk music.

I like a fellow ear-catcher, you give noticeable observations.

Yes, autotune has ruined a ton of music. Some of the greatest sounds in the history of vocals are because of their technical imperfections, not because they are perfectuly in tune or pitch.

Rappers have definitely prospered off of technology, able to promote a vocal hook they would have no business or ability to produce on their own on their CD.. and then inevitably let their fans down once they go on tour.

The problem relies with the fact that as of now.. minimal vocalists can continue to dominate the charts off of attributes that are non-musical. But hey, that's been a complaint for years/decades. I'm not saying the modern artists aren't free from critique, they are pushing the issue FAR more than previous generations IMO.

Do reply. I'm drinking and want to talk music.
Yep, nailed it. Bravo!!

Yep, nailed it. Bravo!!
When do you think true pure voice recording became extinct? I think it was still alive in the early 90's, I know bands like Nirvana started adding additional vocal tracks behind regular tracks to add vocal depth, and it's the norm to have a lead singer record 2 tracks together that are slightly off but not enough to cringe and instead add solidarity to the note... But when did it become true lazy autotune?

When do you think true pure voice recording became extinct? I think it was still alive in the early 90's, I know bands like Nirvana started adding additional vocal tracks behind regular tracks to add vocal depth, and it's the norm to have a lead singer record 2 tracks together that are slightly off but not enough to cringe and instead add solidarity to the note... But when did it become true lazy autotune?
Layering vocal tracks on the album is ok by me. I once heard some explain it as, "They might not be able to play it that way live, but its their vision of how the song should sound in its most perfect form". That is a reasonable motive for me.

Do you know who popularized autotune? We all know the song. It was Cher "Believe". As for when musicians got truly lazy, maybe 10 years ago.

Layering vocal tracks on the album is ok by me. I once heard some explain it as, "They might not be able to play it that way live, but its their vision of how the song should sound in its most perfect form". That is a reasonable motive for me.

Do you know who popularized autotune? We all know the song. It was Cher "Believe". As for when musicians got truly lazy, maybe 10 years ago.
I hate to make you feel old as f_ck, but "Believe" by Cher was released in 1998... 25 years ago.

Marty Mcfly? is that you?

Not bad. I don't think it got much airplay in West Tennessee on our top 40 pop/rock stations. It doesn't remind me of the Bee Gees, but it's a nice listen.

Not bad. I don't think it got much airplay in West Tennessee on our top 40 pop/rock stations. It doesn't remind me of the Bee Gees, but it's a nice listen.
Ugh.. i can't belive you don't hear beegees in this song... "just say the word and I'll pop a SEEEAAT".. totally falsetto Beegees.

The Bee Gees were really good since they were kids.
There are a ton of videos of black people reacting to the video of "Staying Alive" on YouTube. They know the song once it starts, but their minds are blown once 3 white dudes appear in the video and start singing. The black community thought it was a black group. :laugh:

Ugh.. i can't belive you don't hear beegees in this song... "just say the word and I'll pop a SEEEAAT".. totally falsetto Beegees.
I can hear a little bit of the bee gees in the falsetto....and harmonizing.

BUT not enough to even compare in any major way, to the Bee Gees imo.

Last edited:
There are a ton of videos of black people reacting to the video of "Staying Alive" on YouTube. They know the song once it starts, but their minds are blown once 3 white dudes appear in the video and start singing. The black community thought it was a black group. :laugh:
The Brothers Gibb were very talented. They performed on all the variety shows together since they were little kids.

They weren't selling #1 albums, but they were making records.

Then there was the disco stuff.

I just learned about them being so prevalent a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back