Any love for Mike Pence?

We like elected officials who fight against voter fraud. Pence shouldn't bother running again for any elected office.
So how do you think that would have played out with him?

Just curious. Could Mike Pence have saved the election?

Say what you want about Pence but he was a much better VP than Kamala, and he did a much better job in the debates the first go round than Trump.

Trump simply fell apart during the first debate. It was unwatchable. How can someone fall apart against Diaper Joe that had a target on his back the size of Texas?

This is the sort of thing that bothers me about Trump.

But I get it, as I said, I did not expect him any support from either side. He is literally a man without a country now, as all us will be probably pretty soon anyway.

Any love for Pence?

No. Absolutely none. Which is still more than I have for Trump.

For all the attention paid to the RINO orange man child, everyone seemed to forget just how very far right Pence is... too far right for a moderate such as myself.
Admit it, you like Trump more than Pence. Everyone here does.

Pence is in no man’s land.

RINOS don’t trust him anymore than Trump supporters do…
A pretty interesting study.

In the world of politics, don't these people have "people" who guide them, handle them, make suggestions? Does he have any of those? Are they really telling him he has a chance? Or has he just gone off the rails by himself into the land of delusion?

We'll probably never know.

Mike Pence looks like he will run against Trump, and is critical of Trump for expecting him to single handedly overturn the election and upset Trump has praised Putin in the past.

I do feel bad for Mike, after all, if he had tried to overturn the election it would not have worked and likely become a far bigger fiasco for the GOP. But for this he has been demonized. As for him being critical of Trump praising Putin at various times, no arguments there.

Trouble is, Mike has zero charisma and is identified more with the establishment as where Trump is viewed as an outsider ready to fight the establishment. These are big obstacles to overcome. Pence may not be able to do anything about the charisma issue, but he can begin to blast away at Trump for not building the wall like he promised, failing to overturn Obamacare with a full GOP Congress, and promising to lock up Hillary with no success. And lastly, he could blast away at Trump for his spending. What I do know is that unless Mike is able to connect with the anti-establishment using these types of tactics, he had no chance.

I'm guessing he has zero support here based upon what I've seen thus far.

Am I right?

What I do know is that perhaps Trump was the only candidate who could have beaten Hillary in 2016, but today with the country the way it is in such bad shape, I feel like Trump may be the only candidate who might not be able to beat Biden based on all the Trump hate successfully generated over the years by the Left. Virtually anyone else could easily beat Diaper Joe.
I agree that Pence has zero charisma.

Then open your eyes---I have never liked pence. He's a good talker--most conmen are. That is the extent of his skill set.
toobfreak said the exact same thing. Then he shut up when I posted an old quote of his supporting a Pence presidency after Trump.

You’re probably full of shit too but your posts don’t go as far back.

A stoic, non name calling, steady stable presence is what the country needs. There is zero room for being bombastic.

Mike Pence looks like he will run against Trump, and is critical of Trump for expecting him to single handedly overturn the election and upset Trump has praised Putin in the past.

I do feel bad for Mike, after all, if he had tried to overturn the election it would not have worked and likely become a far bigger fiasco for the GOP. But for this he has been demonized. As for him being critical of Trump praising Putin at various times, no arguments there.

Trouble is, Mike has zero charisma and is identified more with the establishment as where Trump is viewed as an outsider ready to fight the establishment. These are big obstacles to overcome. Pence may not be able to do anything about the charisma issue, but he can begin to blast away at Trump for not building the wall like he promised, failing to overturn Obamacare with a full GOP Congress, and promising to lock up Hillary with no success. And lastly, he could blast away at Trump for his spending. What I do know is that unless Mike is able to connect with the anti-establishment using these types of tactics, he had no chance.

Am I right?

What I do know is that perhaps Trump was the only candidate who could have beaten Hillary in 2016, but today with the country the way it is in such bad shape, I feel like Trump may be the only candidate who might not be able to beat Biden based on all the Trump hate successfully generated over the years by the Left. Virtually anyone else could easily beat Diaper Joe.
Even Jesus has turned his back on Pence's political career.

Am I right?

Votto, in his current political condition, Trump may be only able to beat Harris or Biden. This is what the GOP has to face squarely unless something changes.

Numbers can be manipulated to make them say whatever you want, depending upon how you frame the question, or by throwing out variables. What Trump supporters do not get is---------->Trump may be the leader for the GOP primary, but he is one of the hardest to get elected to the Whitehouse on the GOP side, as soon as who he is running against has a D by their name. This is NOT his fault, but it is not OUR fault either!

I am here to tell you, that nobody on the GOP side would get more support than Trump in the general election from the GOP. I am also here to tell you, that Trump would be the person to get the LEAST support from anyone outside the GOP. I am also here to tell you, that is going to take MORE than just the GOP to unseat the Democrats from the Whitehouse.

People can be upset, but the numbers bear that reality out.

Pence is probably not the guy. But if he was, or anyone else is besides Trump and Trump supporters stay home because of it, then they are akin to Bernie Bros. Not my guy? I am taking my ball and going home!

toobfreak said the exact same thing. Then he shut up when I posted an old quote of his supporting a Pence presidency after Trump.

You’re probably full of shit too but your posts don’t go as far back.
Idiot---I'm an atheist----you think I like to hear any preachers sugary sweet talk? I'm also a farm girl----I know bullshit from a mile away. I say the same thing now that I said before Pence was VP--he's a good talker, smooth....but I don't like him. I voted for Trump, not pence. I know Pence is a swamp bitch and always was. Same way that I knew McCain was btw, but went ahead and voted for PALIN knowing that cheating Obama would still get in. Three, if you think I ever supported pence---with my THOUSANDS of posts---go find one. I know that you can't because I was never a Pence fan. Its not like I don't regularly say that the republicans are bad (pence being included) but that the dems are far far worse. Don't be an ass and say well someone said something that you found something that supposedly said something---no one knows what the fuck you are babbling about nor cares. ----I don't know what was said between you two nor care either----

Last edited:
It's Ok to admit you like Trump better than Pence.

Confession is good for the soul after all.
It's honest even if it's civically and morally no ok. But Pence couldn't get elected in Ind as a damn dog catcher. He may be a good person at heart, I dunno. At one time, even Dems trusted his word. I suspect they still do. But Pence didn't bow down to stealing the presidency for Trump, so he's not acceptable to most republicans.

Idiot---I'm an atheist----you think I like to hear any preachers sugary sweet talk? I'm also a farm girl----I know bullshit from a mile away. I say the same thing now that I said before Pence was VP--he's a good talker, smooth....but I don't like him. I voted for Trump, not pence. I know Pence is a swamp bitch and always was. Same way that I knew McCain was btw, but went ahead and voted for PALIN knowing that cheating Obama would still get in. Three, if you think I ever supported pence---with my THOUSANDS of posts---go find one. I know that you can't because I was never a Pence fan. Its not like I don't regularly say that the republicans are bad (pence being included) but that the dems are far far worse. Don't be an ass and say well someone said something that you found something that supposedly said something---no one knows what the fuck you are babbling about nor cares. ----I don't know what was said between you two nor care either----
Yea yea. If you can’t prove your claim then I don’t believe you.

Several Trumpsters were praising Pence in 2016 and then turned on him in 2020. You joined in 2020 so not much we can do about that. So I’ll just compare you to the other Trumpsters unless you can prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I still maintain that there was no valid way for Pence to hold up the certification. By refusing to do so, he upheld his oath. I have given him props for this before. I will continue to do so.

I don’t agree with him on some matters. For example, I don’t believe it is the government’s place to interfere with gay peoples’ rights regarding whom to love or “marry.”

But, by and large, Pence was a consistent person and a man of integrity. And I don’t mind at all that he was faithful to President Trump AS Trump’s VP.

I suspect he might be a bit too much the old “establishment” GOP. We need (instead) a newer, more resolute, conservative GOP. Still, given his record, I think he’d make a good President. I prefer Cruz.

Forum List

Back