Anti-Facebook Agitators See Their Moment Under Biden

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I don't like Facebook. I don't have an account with them and never will. I value my privacy.

I have believed that Facebook and other social media companies should be regulated for a very long time. In the Obama years I supported forcing social media to be regulated the same as a utility. Unfortunately the republicans didn't agree. So it didn't happen.

Now, we might have a chance to get some proper regulation to social media and hopefully breakup the big monopoly that Facebook, Google and a couple others have become.

I don't know how good of a chance there will be. Biden while says he is for breaking up Facebook and regulating them, has brought some Facebook employees into his transition team. So while he says one thing, he did the opposite.

It will take time to see what happens.

I don't like Facebook. I don't have an account with them and never will. I value my privacy.

I have believed that Facebook and other social media companies should be regulated for a very long time. In the Obama years I supported forcing social media to be regulated the same as a utility. Unfortunately the republicans didn't agree. So it didn't happen.

Now, we might have a chance to get some proper regulation to social media and hopefully breakup the big monopoly that Facebook, Google and a couple others have become.

I don't know how good of a chance there will be. Biden while says he is for breaking up Facebook and regulating them, has brought some Facebook employees into his transition team. So while he says one thing, he did the opposite.

Disagree.

That you don’t have a FB account yet are able to access all manner of websites, access news, information, and entertainment, completely undermines the argument that such social media should be subject to government regulation.

I likewise have no FB account; millions of people have no FB account and are able to have comprehensive access to internet resources.

Let’s hope the Biden Administration is too occupied repairing the damage left by Trump to waste time and effort on this non-issue.

Always mistakenly assume you to be a Facebook use. I too, do not face book. At the same time I am not in favor of them being regulated by the government on speech grounds. They are private enterprise and to me what they tolerate is and should be up to them, under the theory, they will suffer by users going somewhere else in the market place if they screw it up. I do not like what they allowed as far as false advertising, and political propaganda, but congress is the last people I would trust to regulate them.

I don't understand why some people want government regulation of Facebook and other social media sites?
Not only would this be a 1st amendment infringement of a public franchise and citizen's rights to communicate freely.
But it would also allow big brother government to get further involved in controlling people's lives by legislating even more laws.
Plus, a new federal agency would be necessary to police social media, costing the taxpayer tens of millions of dollars annually.
Bottom line: when the government gets involved, things get worse ... :cool:

Last edited:
Facebook is a gate to the world. Don´t take it away. And if you value privacy, you cannot go on line.
Doubt anybody will take away your favorite platform. But if Section 230 goes down the tubes, it will go away mostly on it's own, morphing to something, in order to maintain a profitable business model.

I was “friended” by drug dealers and perma-banned from Facebook almost as soon as I signed up for the first time. Biden wants to bring Facebook into government and make social profiling mandatory for law enforcement purposes.

I don't understand why some people want government regulation of Facebook and other social media sites?
Not only would this be a 1st amendment infringement of a public franchise and citizen's rights to communicate freely.
But it would also allow big brother government to get further involved in controlling people's lives by legislating even more laws.
Plus, a new federal agency would be necessary to police social media, costing the taxpayer tens of millions of dollars annually.
Because they are given legal protections as a “town hall”, yet they censor speech as if they are a publisher.
They have their cake and eat it too, thanks to government. That needs to end.

Facebook has SPECIAL RIGHTS AND PROTECTIONS AS A PLATFORM.

They need to have those special benefits removed if they want to function as a publisher

Because they are given legal protections as a “town hall”, yet they censor speech as if they are a publisher.
They have their cake and eat it too, thanks to government. That needs to end.
I didnt see your post when I answered him.
Great minds think alike

LMAO, you actually believe that Corporate Joe is going to stand up to CCP ass kissing corporations like Facebook that are doing everything they can to silence conservative voices and opinion?

Don’t even pretend you ever wanted him to do that.

Facebook is a gate to the world. Don´t take it away. And if you value privacy, you cannot go on line.

Facebook is nothing but a propaganda tool and an ad driver. I left them a long time ago and never looked back. Nice not having any drama.
Yup.
It was nice originally for keeping up with family and friends. That’s about it. I left long ago.

Biden wants to bring Facebook into government and make social profiling mandatory for law enforcement purposes.
That's not even possible. The fb account that I deleted a couple of months ago wasn't even in my real name. Maybe they can do it for the hiring of LEOs, but you can't legally not hire someone when they tell you that they don't have any social media profiles because that shit is stupid.

That's not even possible. The fb account that I deleted a couple of months ago wasn't even in my real name. Maybe they can do it for the hiring of LEOs, but you can't legally not hire someone when they tell you that they don't have any social media profiles because that shit is stupid.
If I don’t have a gun in my own hand, I’m as slave, and I cannot be employed at will anyways. Law Enforcement Officers who do not permit ordinary citizens to possess and carry firearms are traitors. Gun are banned arnd gun rights discussion is censored on Facebook.
no-facebook-128x128.png

If I don’t have a gun in my own hand, I’m as slave, and I cannot be employed at will anyways. Law Enforcement Officers who do not permit ordinary citizens to possess and carry firearms are traitors. Gun are banned arnd gun rights discussion is censored on Facebook.
View attachment 433821
I've had a CCW license for decades. As far as I'm concerned, fb doesn't exist anymore.

Facebook is nothing but a propaganda tool and an ad driver. I left them a long time ago and never looked back. Nice not having any drama.
If you don´t have shits reporting you, everything is fine.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
I’m fine without Facebook already. I don’t see a need for it. If I want to talk with someone, I can call or text them.

You sure seem awfully concerned about something you say you aren't interested in.

The lies, conspiracy theories and all the rest that are happening on Facebook do concern me.

russia had a disinformation campaign on social media in the 2016 election and the 2020 elections.

I don't believe that other nations should have any influence on our elections or our politics.

Forum List

Back