Animal Stories

I posted about the Great Pyrenees that work protecting the goat herd a friend uses in his business. They clear overgrown lots and land like nothing else short of a plague of locusts.

They also do it instinctively. The only training we do is to sit when we enter the enclosure, so they don't jump on us. The rest is pure instinct. Each herd has 2 dogs, to protect the herd. One usually hangs out with the goats, and one will look for high ground to watch. Bith will charge anything they hear, see or smell, that they think is a threat.

About 2 years ago we had someone mess with one of the fences set up in a local park. The clips that connect the sections of electric fences can be hard to connect and disconnect. Someone unhooked one section of fence. The herd of goats got out and headed up into the neighborhood next to the park.

One doe had given birth the night before. She, for obvious reasons, did not go with the herd. The dogs don't herd them, but they do go with them to make sure they are safe. One dog went with the herd and one stayed with the mother and new baby. Division of labor.

love ...I love love love love...............and more love!:laugh:

Angry French bulldog throws tantrum over Cheerios

Frenchies can be so headstrong. And they are fearless. Years ago I worked at a kennel that did daycare. We had 2 yards. One for the big dogs and one for the little dogs. Except this one french bulldog had to be in the big dog yard. Even there he tried to be a bully. One great dane was terrified of him. lol

Frenchies can be so headstrong. And they are fearless. Years ago I worked at a kennel that did daycare. We had 2 yards. One for the big dogs and one for the little dogs. Except this one french bulldog had to be in the big dog yard. Even there he tried to be a bully. One great dane was terrified of him. lol

They are adorable!!!!!:laugh: almost human LOL!

Come on Skye, admit it....they are so much more adorable than ANY ABNORMAL that posts in USMB!:11_2_1043:

Come on Skye, admit it....they are so much more adorable than ANY ABNORMAL that posts in USMB!:11_2_1043:

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2up: :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back