And so it begins. Oregon Governor Signs Gun Confiscation Law.

Well. What do you libs have to say now? I've always claimed that democrats want to confiscate our guns. And you idiots told me I was crazy. Well, here's the proof. It's happening now. Are you people OK with this? Can I get just one liberal on here to stand up and say this is a bad idea?

Oregon Governor Signs Gun Confiscation Law | 2ANews.us

I'm good with it .

Of course you misrepresent the whole thing . The law would temporarily take guns away from someone a judge finds to be f'n crazy and or dangerous until the person gets a hearing on the merits .
As mentioned earlier, that person would have to prove that they were not a danger to themselves or others. Do you really believe that many would win such a case? Are you really that stupid? There is also the fact that it violates the 14th Amendment.

If you are not a danger , it'd be pretty easy to
Prove . Lots of states have laws like this.

Using your logic , you couldn't arrest someone until AFTER they are found guilty of the crime .

Really, how do you prove a negative, tell us child, when did you stop beating your wife?

Holy shit are you that clueless about of justice system . ?

It's really easy to prove you are not dangerous if you are not .

Here's a non hack article .

Oregon passes ‘extreme risk’ law a non hack article .

Here's what you have to show .

Members of an individual’s family, household or law enforcement officers can petition the court for the order, which if approved, can prohibit a person from possessing deadly weapons for up to a year. Renewals require another hearing with the petitioner responsible for showing the risk persists.

SB 719 requires that the petitioner provide “clear and convincing evidence,” a legal standard that indicates that risk is highly probable.
The fascist judges will conclude that having a gun is "clear and convincing evidence".

Well. What do you libs have to say now? I've always claimed that democrats want to confiscate our guns. And you idiots told me I was crazy. Well, here's the proof. It's happening now. Are you people OK with this? Can I get just one liberal on here to stand up and say this is a bad idea?

I'm good with it .

Of course you misrepresent the whole thing . The law would temporarily take guns away from someone a judge finds to be f'n crazy and or dangerous until the person gets a hearing on the merits .
As mentioned earlier, that person would have to prove that they were not a danger to themselves or others. Do you really believe that many would win such a case? Are you really that stupid? There is also the fact that it violates the 14th Amendment.

Using your logic , you couldn't arrest someone until AFTER they are found guilty of the crime .

Really, how do you prove a negative, tell us child, when did you stop beating your wife?

Burden of proof is on the state.

Members of an individual’s family, household or law enforcement officers can petition the court for the order, which if approved, can prohibit a person from possessing deadly weapons for up to a year. Renewals require another hearing with the petitioner responsible for showing the risk persists.

SB 719 requires that the petitioner provide “clear and convincing evidence,” a legal standard that indicates that risk is highly probable.
The fascist judges will conclude that having a gun is "clear and convincing evidence".

Dude . It's says the high standard of proof . HIGH! As in "a lot" .

I'll dumb it Down for you . Someone has to show a lot of proof that Mr gun is a danger .

Dude . It's says the high standard of proof . HIGH! As in "a lot" .

I'll dumb it Down for you . Someone has to show a lot of proof that Mr gun is a danger .
Fascist judges will accept any "proof", no matter how inappropriate.

People who commit suicide are generally isolated. That's why suicides are not generally discovered for days. This law is a crock.
Bullshit. Why do you pull lies out of your ass so often?

The vast majority of suicides give a warning to friends and family ahead of time.

I'm good with it .

Burden of proof is on the state.

it's not a criminal thing ! It's worried family members or the police .

People who commit suicide are generally isolated. That's why suicides are not generally discovered for days. This law is a crock.
Bullshit. Why do you pull lies out of your ass so often?

The vast majority of suicides give a warning to friends and family ahead of time.
What on Earth does your remark have to do with his statement that suicides are not discovered immediately?

Another "The sky is falling OP".

Guns and light bulbs. It's easy to see that conservatives care as much about the incandescent light bulb as they do about guns because the arm flailing on both reaches the same level. Jesus H relax derps, go watch footage of whackjob gunning people down because Republicans voted to allow the mentally ill to keep their guns. That should make you feel good again.

...and yet you support the Law.

Here are the requirements which must be met.

(4) In determining whether to issue an extreme risk protection order, the court shall consider the following:

(a) A history of suicide threats or attempts or acts of violence by the respondent directed against another person;

(b) A history of use, attempted use or threatened use of physical force by the respondent against another person;

(c) A previous conviction for:
(A) A misdemeanor involving violence as defined in ORS 166.470;
(B) A stalking offense under ORS 163.732 or 163.750, or a similar offense in another jurisdiction;
(C) An offense constituting domestic violence as defined in ORS 135.230;
(D) Driving under the influence of intoxicants under ORS 813.010 or 813.011; or (E) An offense involving cruelty or abuse of animals;​
(d) Evidence of recent unlawful use of controlled substances;
(e) Previous unlawful and reckless use, display or brandishing of a deadly weapon by the respondent;
(f) A previous violation by the respondent of a court order issued pursuant to ORS 107.716 or 107.718;
(g) Evidence of an acquisition or attempted acquisition within the previous 180 days by the respondent of a deadly weapon; and
(h) Any additional information the court finds to be reliable, including a statement by the respondent.

Here are the requirements which must be met.

(4) In determining whether to issue an extreme risk protection order, the court shall consider the following:

(a) A history of suicide threats or attempts or acts of violence by the respondent directed against another person;

(b) A history of use, attempted use or threatened use of physical force by the respondent against another person;

(c) A previous conviction for:
(A) A misdemeanor involving violence as defined in ORS 166.470;
(B) A stalking offense under ORS 163.732 or 163.750, or a similar offense in another jurisdiction;
(C) An offense constituting domestic violence as defined in ORS 135.230;
(D) Driving under the influence of intoxicants under ORS 813.010 or 813.011; or (E) An offense involving cruelty or abuse of animals;​
(d) Evidence of recent unlawful use of controlled substances;
(e) Previous unlawful and reckless use, display or brandishing of a deadly weapon by the respondent;
(f) A previous violation by the respondent of a court order issued pursuant to ORS 107.716 or 107.718;
(g) Evidence of an acquisition or attempted acquisition within the previous 180 days by the respondent of a deadly weapon; and
(h) Any additional information the court finds to be reliable, including a statement by the respondent.
Translation : the guy needs to be a real psycho!

I'm good with it .

Temporarily.

Never to be seen again.

Forum List

Back