And its 1, 2, 3, 3 strikes you're out at the old ball game...

It's great that he did the honorable thing and informed the owner about what she had.

I cringe sometimes listening to people at garage sales and flea markets making the comment they hope to find something that the owner has no idea of the value of what they are selling.

Hell of a good guy to not buy it and put it on eBay. Not sure I would have been as good about not buying a Jackie Robinson bat, old sports memorabilia for me is what I love to find.

Nah, I won't lie, I would have bought it in a heartbeat and not said a word.

It's not my job to prod folks into keeping up with their family heirlooms.

It was worth a dollar to them at the time so that's what I would have paid.

That said I'm not knocking the guy but I'm pretty mercenary when it comes to that type of thing.

When my parents moved to Florida back in the mid-90s, they held several garage sales to get rid of everything. Of course my father never bothered to ask me or my siblings if we wanted anything.

My dad had a German helmet he’d brought back from WWII. As a kid I ran around the neighborhood wearing it, when we played army. Years later I thought I wonder what people thought of this little kid wearing a German helmet, since nearly every father on our street was a WWII veteran.

My dad sold that helmet to a guy who told him it was a rare find. Apparently it was a Luftwaffe helmet. I don’t recall what dad got for it, but I wish I still had it.

Forum List

Back