An illustration of the pointlessness of so much Trump says

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
As is typical of small minded people, at his PA rally today, Trump raised an irrelevant point in an effort to bolster his claim that the NYT is a failed newspaper. The point he introduced is that the Times sold their building, which he described as a "cathedral" in a great location for a new building that he described as being ugly and in a bad location.

The old NYT building (the Times was actually spread over three locations -- I could only quickly find photos for two of them)

yahoos-new-nyc-office-the-old-new-york-times-hq.jpg

NY_Times_41_Park_Row_jeh.JPG

The new NYT building (the Times staff are all in one place now)

the-new-new-york-times-building-in-new-york-the-52-story-office-tower-picture-id528775348

ba6b7452b0233c181656503b930341f3.jpg

Do you see the Dean and Deluca on the ground floor? You know how one can tell when one is in a good part of town? Well, one way, though not the only way, is the mere presence of a D&D within 15 minutes of where one is. [1]

And just where is the new NYT building? How about with regard to Trump Tower? Click here and see for yourself. It's just over 1/2 a mile from Trump Tower (20 N-S blocks in Manhattan is about a mile). There is no such thing as a bad location in Midtown Manhattan. Trump knows that, but I suspect he knows too that many, if not most, of his loyalists don't.

Is the Times' building (building location) a big deal? No. I didn't mention it because I think it is; I mention the fact that Trump mentioned it to illustrate a point. Trump's mention of the Times building it is like so much of what Trump says: misrepresentational, flat out wrong, and/or of no matter to mention.

Note:
  1. D&D is a classic story of two "regular" guys exploiting what it is they knew how to do -- from a NYC basement apartment, no less -- to go into business, and they did it in a market dominated by huge corporate conglomerates as competitors. It is, after all, a grocery store. Yet they put in the hard work it takes to thrive in business for themselves.

D&D is yet another illustration of just how fallacious and absurd is the claim Trumpkins make about it being impossible to thrive in the U.S. Of course, one can't do that if one doesn't first bother to figure out what one can do well (it doesn't even have to be something one can do better than existing "players"; different is enough, and the name alone makes it be that) and then set about doing it as a business, and then grow the business, or don't if one is content with the yield the firm produces as is.

And since he started lying about them, their subscriptions have increased.

It says a lot about him that he has to lie to make himself feel better.

And?? ..... :dunno:

There is no alluded to or intrinsic "and." The points I intended to make are explicitly noted in the OP, but one'd need to read and comprehend the OP to realize that. There are no points in the OP and that I made tacitly.

As is typical of small minded people, at his PA rally today, Trump raised an irrelevant point in an effort to bolster his claim that the NYT is a failed newspaper. The point he introduced is that the Times sold their building, which he described as a "cathedral" in a great location for a new building that he described as being ugly and in a bad location.

The old NYT building (the Times was actually spread over three locations -- I could only quickly find photos for two of them)

the-new-new-york-times-building-in-new-york-the-52-story-office-tower-picture-id528775348

Do you see the Dean and Deluca on the ground floor? You know how one can tell when one is in a good part of town? Well, one way, though not the only way, is the mere presence of a D&D within 15 minutes of where one is. [1]

And just where is the new NYT building? How about with regard to Trump Tower? Click here and see for yourself. It's just over 1/2 a mile from Trump Tower (20 N-S blocks in Manhattan is about a mile). There is no such thing as a bad location in Midtown Manhattan. Trump knows that, but I suspect he knows too that many, if not most, of his loyalists don't.

Is the Times' building (building location) a big deal? No. I didn't mention it because I think it is; I mention the fact that Trump mentioned it to illustrate a point. Trump's mention of the Times building it is like so much of what Trump says: misrepresentational, flat out wrong, and/or of no matter to mention.

Note:
  1. D&D is a classic story of two "regular" guys exploiting what it is they knew how to do -- from a NYC basement apartment, no less -- to go into business, and they did it in a market dominated by huge corporate conglomerates as competitors. It is, after all, a grocery store. Yet they put in the hard work it takes to thrive in business for themselves.

D&D is yet another illustration of just how fallacious and absurd is the claim Trumpkins make about it being impossible to thrive in the U.S. Of course, one can't do that if one doesn't first bother to figure out what one can do well (it doesn't even have to be something one can do better than existing "players"; different is enough, and the name alone makes it be that) and then set about doing it as a business, and then grow the business, or don't if one is content with the yield the firm produces as is.

Drumpf and his followers don't need facts, he knows this. They operate purely on gut level visceral misery. They want their dear leader to simply point, say 'that's our enemy', and they can then get their hate on. That's it. There is no thought process, just 'we good, they bad'. For everything.

Note:

Drumpf and his followers don't need facts, he knows this. They operate purely on gut level visceral misery. They want their dear leader to simply point, say 'that's our enemy', and they can then get their hate on. That's it. There is no thought process, just 'we good, they bad'. For everything.
Now that was a fact filled post.

There ya go...another business saved...go Trump!!!
Dear, God, why You allow people to utter things when it's obvious to they don't at all know what they're talking about? Can You not share just tiny bit of your better judgment with them, or at least with Thinker101 -- be he Christian or not -- so he'll refrain from making so apparent his utter ignorance.

The Times did not suddenly -- between January 2017 and now -- become flush with money to buy a Midtown NYC skyscraper.

Note:

/---- We don't care, loser.

Why does Trump lie about stupid things that matter to nobody and can be easily disproved?

Mr. Trump said that though he had been “hit by a couple of drops” of rain as he began his address on Inauguration Day, the sky soon cleared. “And the truth is, it stopped immediately, and then became sunny,” he said. “And I walked off, and it poured after I left. It poured.”

The truth is that it began to rain lightly almost exactly as Mr. Trump began to speak and continued to do so throughout his remarks, which lasted about 18 minutes, and after he finished.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/us/politics/president-trump-inauguration-crowd-white-house.html

“There will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars,” Trump told the Times. “All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”

Donald Trump says D.C.’s dress shops are sold out of inauguration gowns. Wrong!

There ya go...another business saved...go Trump!!!
Dear, God, why You allow people to utter things when it's obvious to they don't at all know what they're talking about? Can You not share just tiny bit of your better judgment with them, or at least with Thinker101 -- be he Christian or not -- so he'll refrain from making so apparent his utter ignorance.

The Times did not suddenly -- between January 2017 and now -- become flush with money to buy a Midtown NYC skyscraper.
Ya. The fucking radical LIB rag NYT is ticking along just great.
In two years the rest of the building will be leased out to Ben and Jerry's head office.
http://nypost.com/2016/04/23/new-york-times-plans-to-cut-hundreds-of-jobs-later-this-year/

Why does Trump lie about stupid things that matter to nobody and can be easily disproved?

Mr. Trump said that though he had been “hit by a couple of drops” of rain as he began his address on Inauguration Day, the sky soon cleared. “And the truth is, it stopped immediately, and then became sunny,” he said. “And I walked off, and it poured after I left. It poured.”

The truth is that it began to rain lightly almost exactly as Mr. Trump began to speak and continued to do so throughout his remarks, which lasted about 18 minutes, and after he finished.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/us/politics/president-trump-inauguration-crowd-white-house.html

“There will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars,” Trump told the Times. “All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”

/---- Is that all you got? A weather report???? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bad smell.jpg

Note:

The NYT was once a great newspaper, but due to falling revenues, it has now become the Breitbart or WND of the left, but with better culture and entertainment sections. In fact the Times doesn't aim quite that high, today it seems to regard the news as part of its culture and entertainment sections. It's sort of like the Democratic Party, trying to live off of past glories but completely out of touch with the values and standards it had in the past.

View attachment 123980

Why does he lie about stupid shit nobody cares about and is easily disproved?

View attachment 123980

Why does he lie about stupid shit nobody cares about and is easily disproved?

You're absolutely right, he should be more like Obama or Hillary and just like about the big shit.

Forum List

Back