An illustration of the pointlessness of so much Trump says

As is typical of small minded people, at his PA rally today, Trump raised an irrelevant point in an effort to bolster his claim that the NYT is a failed newspaper. The point he introduced is that the Times sold their building, which he described as a "cathedral" in a great location for a new building that he described as being ugly and in a bad location.

The old NYT building (the Times was actually spread over three locations -- I could only quickly find photos for two of them)

yahoos-new-nyc-office-the-old-new-york-times-hq.jpg

NY_Times_41_Park_Row_jeh.JPG

The new NYT building (the Times staff are all in one place now)

the-new-new-york-times-building-in-new-york-the-52-story-office-tower-picture-id528775348

ba6b7452b0233c181656503b930341f3.jpg

Do you see the Dean and Deluca on the ground floor? You know how one can tell when one is in a good part of town? Well, one way, though not the only way, is the mere presence of a D&D within 15 minutes of where one is. [1]

And just where is the new NYT building? How about with regard to Trump Tower? Click here and see for yourself. It's just over 1/2 a mile from Trump Tower (20 N-S blocks in Manhattan is about a mile). There is no such thing as a bad location in Midtown Manhattan. Trump knows that, but I suspect he knows too that many, if not most, of his loyalists don't.

Is the Times' building (building location) a big deal? No. I didn't mention it because I think it is; I mention the fact that Trump mentioned it to illustrate a point. Trump's mention of the Times building it is like so much of what Trump says: misrepresentational, flat out wrong, and/or of no matter to mention.

Note:
  1. D&D is a classic story of two "regular" guys exploiting what it is they knew how to do -- from a NYC basement apartment, no less -- to go into business, and they did it in a market dominated by huge corporate conglomerates as competitors. It is, after all, a grocery store. Yet they put in the hard work it takes to thrive in business for themselves.

D&D is yet another illustration of just how fallacious and absurd is the claim Trumpkins make about it being impossible to thrive in the U.S. Of course, one can't do that if one doesn't first bother to figure out what one can do well (it doesn't even have to be something one can do better than existing "players"; different is enough, and the name alone makes it be that) and then set about doing it as a business, and then grow the business, or don't if one is content with the yield the firm produces as is.

Drumpf and his followers don't need facts, he knows this. They operate purely on gut level visceral misery. They want their dear leader to simply point, say 'that's our enemy', and they can then get their hate on. That's it. There is no thought process, just 'we good, they bad'. For everything.
Now that was a fact filled post.
Unfortunately, he's right about a lot of them.

As is typical of small minded people, at his PA rally today, Trump raised an irrelevant point in an effort to bolster his claim that the NYT is a failed newspaper. The point he introduced is that the Times sold their building, which he described as a "cathedral" in a great location for a new building that he described as being ugly and in a bad location.

The old NYT building (the Times was actually spread over three locations -- I could only quickly find photos for two of them)

the-new-new-york-times-building-in-new-york-the-52-story-office-tower-picture-id528775348

Do you see the Dean and Deluca on the ground floor? You know how one can tell when one is in a good part of town? Well, one way, though not the only way, is the mere presence of a D&D within 15 minutes of where one is. [1]

And just where is the new NYT building? How about with regard to Trump Tower? Click here and see for yourself. It's just over 1/2 a mile from Trump Tower (20 N-S blocks in Manhattan is about a mile). There is no such thing as a bad location in Midtown Manhattan. Trump knows that, but I suspect he knows too that many, if not most, of his loyalists don't.

Is the Times' building (building location) a big deal? No. I didn't mention it because I think it is; I mention the fact that Trump mentioned it to illustrate a point. Trump's mention of the Times building it is like so much of what Trump says: misrepresentational, flat out wrong, and/or of no matter to mention.

Note:
  1. D&D is a classic story of two "regular" guys exploiting what it is they knew how to do -- from a NYC basement apartment, no less -- to go into business, and they did it in a market dominated by huge corporate conglomerates as competitors. It is, after all, a grocery store. Yet they put in the hard work it takes to thrive in business for themselves.

D&D is yet another illustration of just how fallacious and absurd is the claim Trumpkins make about it being impossible to thrive in the U.S. Of course, one can't do that if one doesn't first bother to figure out what one can do well (it doesn't even have to be something one can do better than existing "players"; different is enough, and the name alone makes it be that) and then set about doing it as a business, and then grow the business, or don't if one is content with the yield the firm produces as is.
When I heard that last night (besides thinking "who cares?"), I guessed that NYT had also considered buying a Trump property, and then decided not to. Not a Trump property? Ugly tower.

Note:

/---- We don't care, loser.

You must not be among "we," for people who truly don't care about something don't bother to say anything, liar.

/---- Is that all you got? A weather report???? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And they certainly don't keep reading and responding....

Last edited:
Why does Trump lie about stupid things that matter to nobody and can be easily disproved?

Thank you! Spot on!

Nobody went to the rally to hear Trump "rag" on the NYT. Or, maybe some people did, in which case, they are really true boors. Either way, if Trump is of a mind to be so petty as to "diss" the Times or anyone, the least he could do is do it by saying something that is both factually and contextually accurate/true.

Last edited:
You obviously did not read my link or you wouldn't have even given them that.
Yep. Anyone that dares to read their financial statement will cringe.

http://s1.q4cdn.com/156149269/files...al-Web-Ready-Bookmarked-Annual-Report-(1).pdf

Fine, then berate them by referring to their financial performance, not the building into which they consolidated their operations. That would at least be a legitimate contextual basis from which to launch a derisive attack about the Times' being a failing organization.

Forum List

Back