Americans owning America.....Mormon church now owns $2 BILLION of US farmland

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Hair on fire article:

The Mormon church has sparked a fierce backlash from local farmers after snapping up around 370,000 acres of prime ranch land in Nebraska, with the Utah-based religion now owning at least $2billion of agricultural terrain across the country, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), commonly known as the Mormon church, has bought more land than anyone else in the state over the past five years, according to The Flatwater Free Press.

It now owns an estimated $134million worth of agricultural land in Nebraska and is on track to surpass CNN founder Ted Turner as the single largest landowner in the state if it continues its spree at the current rate.

I say good! That's 87 times better than Bill Gates (NWO WEF stooge) or the Chi-Coms owning US farmland.

That said:

Catholic Church...... "Those are rookie numbers!!"

With more than 1 billion adherents, the Catholic Church is one of the largest, if not the largest, nongovernmental landowners in the world. One estimate puts the church’s holdings close to 177 million acres, or 277,000 square miles.

If those properties were grouped together and placed on a list of the world’s countries by land area, it would fall within the top 50, higher than both France and Spain. (Plus, it is unclear whether or not the 177 million acre figure includes land owned by affiliated institutions, such as Catholic schools and hospitals, which number in the hundreds of thousands—if not millions—worldwide.)

Hair on fire article:

The Mormon church has sparked a fierce backlash from local farmers after snapping up around 370,000 acres of prime ranch land in Nebraska, with the Utah-based religion now owning at least $2billion of agricultural terrain across the country, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), commonly known as the Mormon church, has bought more land than anyone else in the state over the past five years, according to The Flatwater Free Press.

It now owns an estimated $134million worth of agricultural land in Nebraska and is on track to surpass CNN founder Ted Turner as the single largest landowner in the state if it continues its spree at the current rate.

I say good! That's 87 times better than Bill Gates (NWO WEF stooge) or the Chi-Coms owning US farmland.
That said:

With more than 1 billion adherents, the Catholic Church is one of the largest, if not the largest, nongovernmental landowners in the world. One estimate puts the church’s holdings close to 177 million acres, or 277,000 square miles.

If those properties were grouped together and placed on a list of the world’s countries by land area, it would fall within the top 50, higher than both France and Spain. (Plus, it is unclear whether or not the 177 million acre figure includes land owned by affiliated institutions, such as Catholic schools and hospitals, which number in the hundreds of thousands—if not millions—worldwide.)

I often criticize the Mormon Church (not individual Mormons) for foisting wrong beliefs on good people BUT I am with you here. I would 1,000% rather have Mormons owning our farmland than the WEF or China.

Hair on fire article:

That said:

Why are religious organizations buying all the farm land?

If they own all this land they are breaking one of the tenets Jesus told them was not allowed, accumulation of wealth.
Not to worry, they will justify it all. Like Mark Twain when he saw the young native girls swimming, he went and sat down on their clothes..."to keep them from being stolen."

Hair on fire article:

That said:

I saw a documentary of how Mormon men in Utah have wives spread out all over the place or all together and they treat them like shit. And these women can’t get out.

I would have them work these farms. Give them something productive to do. Send the wages to husband if he farms her out. No pun intended. But if I had 10 wives and didn’t own a farm I’d put them to work.

Hair on fire article:

That said:

one of any religion's biggest cash flows is from the tax fee last wills and testaments of its adherents, so, sure, the catholics, with 2000 years and generations of adherents has had time to accumulate (and conserve) some of mankind's great treasures and a little bit of real estate.

one of any religion's biggest cash flows is from the tax fee last wills and testaments of its adherents, so, sure, the catholics, with 2000 years and generations of adherents has had time to accumulate (and conserve) some of mankind's great treasures and a little bit of real estate.
They own a 1200 acre "retreat" the next county over that they have not used in decades.....They don't pay a dime in taxes on it.....There's a caretaker and his wife there that looks after it.

I do believe that they lease the land to make hay on and keep what isn't wooded cleared.....Beautiful place.

My dad said he got a letter from his church.

$500
$1000
$10,000
Check a box and send a check

Then another box you can check.

Leave your life savings to the church?

Could you imagine your parents die and the church fights you for your inheritance because your stupid parent checked that box?

I suspect that the Mennonites own about as much.....They by every farm that comes-up for sale in the Shenandoah Valley.
that rajneeshi guy up in the north west and hare krishnas in the south. i suppose it is legal , but maybe taxed or regulated at least?

My dad said he got a letter from his church.

$500
$1000
$10,000
Check a box and send a check

Then another box you can check.

Leave your life savings to the church?

Could you imagine your parents die and the church fights you for your inheritance because your stupid parent checked that box?
in my case, a grandparent.

in my case, a grandparent.
They’re leaving it all to the church?

My brothers mother in law years ago said she was leaving her money to the church. I said, “ I hope the church takes care of you when you get old”

Today she has dementia and her daughters take care of her.

Forum List

Back