Americans broadly support Ukraine no-fly zone, Russia oil ban -poll.

Nope. Saddam invaded Kuwait in August of 1990.

Oh my bad, the Gulf War. I protested that war. Of course, at the time, I was a "liberal", and that's what we did. We believed in FREE SPEECH (!!) and we weren't war mongers (!!!) and we believed "my body, my choice".

My my. How times have changed.

Oh my bad, the Gulf War. I protested that war. Of course, at the time, I was a "liberal", and that's what we did. We believed in FREE SPEECH (!!) and we weren't war mongers (!!!) and we believed "my body, my choice".

My my. How times have changed.
I was a republican in 1990 and the war was justified to get Saddam out of Kuwait even though Kuwait was guilty as sin. Papa Bush stayed on task.

A no-fly zone would mean direct military conflict between NATO and Russia. We avoided such conflict during the Cold War for a very good reason: it could easily lead to WW III and hundreds of millions dead.

Have people lost their minds?

I wish it weren't so, but I would rather face the potential of an all out war NOW and end the threat permanently while we have a good chance. If we wait another year until after Putin harvests the considerable resources from Ukraine to build his war machine even bigger, then it will be that much tougher.

Besides, our leaders made promises to Ukraine that we would help in every way if Russia invaded them. This promise was made in exchange for Ukraine dismantling thousands of nuclear warheads. They were moving toward a better future. Russia is moving toward more violence, war crimes, threats and bullying.

"Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision." - Churchill

Last edited:
WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) - A broad bipartisan majority of Americans think the United States should stop buying Russian oil and gas and work with NATO to set up "no-fly zones" to protect Ukraine from Russian air strikes, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll completed on Friday.

The poll, conducted Thursday and Friday, suggests that U.S. outrage is growing over Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which in recent days has increasingly involved Russian bombing of urban areas.

Because the average person is too stupid to understand this will cause nuclear WWIII

We are the moneybags of NATO, sadly. "Considerable military personnel" is an understatement. What is the German military now? The French military? Does any Scandinavian nation even HAVE a military?
Why don't they arm those millions of nice young men they took in from the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa and send them to where the action is? I'm sure they are willing to fight and die for their new homelands.

Under no circumstances should we be a part of any no-fly zone over Ukraine. The only option we have is to choke Russia financially. Unfortunately, very little of the rest of the world is willing to do that.
There`s no money to be made by the defense contractors. Once again, they`re having more $$ thrown at them with no questions asked.

A no-fly zone would mean direct military conflict between NATO and Russia. We avoided such conflict during the Cold War for a very good reason: it could easily lead to WW III and hundreds of millions dead.

Have people lost their minds?
81 million (supposedly) did when they voted for Tater......Between the dems and gop neocons I figure we are pretty much fucked.

R.e35df5269fe0616422019352347c4ec3

WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) - A broad bipartisan majority of Americans think the United States should stop buying Russian oil and gas and work with NATO to set up "no-fly zones" to protect Ukraine from Russian air strikes, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll completed on Friday.

The poll, conducted Thursday and Friday, suggests that U.S. outrage is growing over Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which in recent days has increasingly involved Russian bombing of urban areas.

Bullshit....most people I talk to do care very much at all about it. What they do care about is the price of gas. Also...a no fly zone would bring nuclear launches. No further discussion needed.

Jo

Forum List

Back