American sanctions against Russians is inhumane and a disgrace to the World War II alliance

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
When we invaded Iraq in 2003 Russia did not sanction us. So for us to sanction Russia for invading Ukraine is the epitome of stupidity and cruelty…. It serves no American purpose. It’s not helping the common American man. Russia has zero interest in attacking America. America has zero interest in attacking Russia. The whole thing is a joke.

Talking with Russian people in Thailand, you see all sorts of opinions… some of them support their war others don’t. It was the same in America in 2003 when we invaded Iraq.

Russians can’t use their ATM cards on international trips because of international sanctions due to their invasion of Ukraine,. This constitutes cruel and inhumane punishment.

American people were not punished like this when our country invaded Iraq in 2003. Americans could travel where they wanted and use their debit cards freely.

Supporting Ukraine begs a few questions ….It’s one thing they probably view Iraqi Arabs as subhuman. And then they view the white Ukrainians as angels. That’s part of the issue goes to show the hypocrisy of the Ukraine supporter who is often the supporter of BLM. They did not show any sort of support for the Iraqi people as they are with the Ukrainian people.

Talking with Russian people in Thailand, you see all sources opinion some of them support their war others don’t. It was the same in America in 2003 when we invaded Iraq.

Russians can’t use their ATM cards on international trips because of international sanctions. This constitutes cruel and inhumane punishment.

American people were not punished like this when our country invaded Iraq in 2003. Americans could travel where they wanted and use their debit cards freely.

It only asks and bags one question. What in the world is wrong with people who support Ukraine. It’s one thing they probably view Iraqi Arabs as subhuman. And then they view the white Ukrainians as angels. That’s part of the issue goes to show the hypocrisy of the Ukraine supporter.

Their government has waged aggressive war on another country since 2014, when they took the Crimea.

Tough tittes.

When we invaded Iraq in 2003 Russia did not sanction us. So for us to sanction Russia for invading Ukraine is the epitome of stupidity and cruelty…. It serves no American purpose. It’s not helping the common American man. Russia has zero interest in attacking America. America has zero interest in attacking Russia. The whole thing is a joke.

Talking with Russian people in Thailand, you see all sorts of opinions… some of them support their war others don’t. It was the same in America in 2003 when we invaded Iraq.

Russians can’t use their ATM cards on international trips because of international sanctions due to their invasion of Ukraine,. This constitutes cruel and inhumane punishment.

Supporting Ukraine begs a few questions ….It’s one thing they probably view Iraqi Arabs as subhuman. And then they view the white Ukrainians as angels. That’s part of the issue goes to show the hypocrisy of the Ukraine supporter.
WTF? Take your morning Trump

The USA invading Iraq also showed us some good things. As bad as the war was, there were examples of American soldiers, building schools and helping Iraqi children. There are also examples of Russians building schools for Ukrainians and helping Ukrainian children. That’s what brave men do the courageous men of the Russian and American military.

Again, Russia did not attack us or supply weapons to the Iraqi military in 2003 when we attacked Iraq. So it is blatantly insane and might even say evil for the USA to support Ukraine all because Russia invaded Ukraine which by the way is there neighboring country. There’s tons of Ukrainians that support Russia. There’s an argument to be made that Russia and Ukraine is more justified compared to America going thousands of miles away to invade Iraq in 2003

The McDonald’s big Mac eating American with the Ukraine and BLM flag …well They are an embarrassment to this country.

“Russia evil “

“ why is Putin doing this?”

— so say the ignorant slob… America, Spain, France, Portugal, China, Japan, Germany, the Ottoman Empire, the tribes of America have gone to war. I suppose some people forget about that, and they look at Russia invading one single country as the end of the world. This anti-Russian mindset is ridiculous. It’s time for a change.

Their government has waged aggressive war on another country since 2014, when they took the Crimea.

Tough tittes.
That’s a point to support Russia or at least to be neutral. Because this thing goes back to 2014 some Americans are not aware that the Ukraine government bombed their own people in eastern Ukraine in 2014 and Russia supported those people in eastern Ukraine.

I mean, there is a chunk of Americans who have no idea that this situation goes back years. They literally think that Russia invaded Ukraine in feb 2022 for of the hell of it.

Supporting Ukraine begs a few questions ….It’s one thing they probably view Iraqi Arabs as subhuman. And then they view the white Ukrainians as angels. That’s part of the issue goes to show the hypocrisy of the Ukraine supporter who is often the supporter of BLM. They did not show any sort of support for the Iraqi people as they are with the Ukrainian people.

BRICS is growing fast and now will be forced to grow faster. Russian tourists are among the most lucrative spenders on the international scene. Plenty of places will take BRICS to accommodate them.

I have no issue with Russia's actions regarding the Ukes but to refer to an alliance born of convenience and some necessity and claiming it has some hold on the current day is just damn silly.

BRICS is growing fast and now will be forced to grow faster. Russian tourists are among the most lucrative spenders on the international scene. Plenty of places will take BRICS to accommodate them.
They’re doing great considering everything. Russians are strong willed people. Even though they have to deal with hurdles, they’re still having success.

The Russians I spoke with in Thailand said that soldiers could join the military if they want to. There’s not really a draft. And they’re saying that their soldiers are buying new cars and apartments.

My Russian neighbor when I was in Bangkok helped me fix my air conditioner. These are wonderful civilized people with a beautiful history and culture. And they were the ones who stood tall in World War II and liberated the concentration camps. The world owes the Russian a debt of gratitude.

Some Russian support, the war effort against Ukraine others don’t. It’s a diverse country.

To think that Russian people who travel internationally have to deal with all of this nonsense. It just ain’t right. Apparently they can’t even go to certain countries because of the international sanctions. Again when they go to Thailand, they cannot use their debit cards they have to travel with cash. That ain’t right to make the Russian people pay for that. it’s not good for diplomacy because again Russia did not sanction America when we invaded Iraq. So what America is doing today to Russia is not benefiting the American middle-class that’s for sure.

Last edited:
I have no issue with Russia's actions regarding the Ukes but to refer to an alliance born of convenience and some necessity and claiming it has some hold on the current day is just damn silly.
That’s not the only reason I would seek neutrality to the Russia, Ukraine war. But just one of them. And that’s how I feel about it …the World War II alliance was a very important thing for shaping the free civilized world.

But there’s plenty of other reasons to be neutral toward the Russian Ukraine war, most Russians are good Christian people. Russia has a lot of resources and a good economy to offer the world. It’s a big country it’s part of the security council of the United Nations. There’s other reasons as well

They’re doing great. The Russians, I spoke with in Thailand, said that soldiers could join the military if they want to. There’s not really a draft. And they’re saying that their soldiers are buying new cars and apartments.

My Russian neighbor when I was in Bangkok helped me fix my air conditioner. These are wonderful civilized people with a beautiful history and culture. And they were the ones who stood tall in World War II and liberated the concentration camps. The world owes the Russian a debt of gratitude.

Some Russian support, the war effort against Ukraine others don’t. It’s a diverse country.
The IMF has begrudgingly given Russia an glowing prediction for Economic growth in the next several years so I don't know what the info is that Russia is collapsing financially. It obviously is not true.
Polish Friend with relatives in Russia told me the Prisons are basically empty now. 120,000 of the casualties were jailbirds that did not contribute to the economy anyway. So They're saving millions just in lower prison costs alone. Russia has nearly 100 Trillion in untapped mineral assets...dwarves any other country. NATO has its eyes on Russian Mineral deposits.....Kinda explains their aggression in that region over the past decade.

That’s a point to support Russia or at least to be neutral. Because this thing goes back to 2014 some Americans are not aware that the Ukraine government bombed their own people in eastern Ukraine in 2014 and Russia supported those people in eastern Ukraine.

I mean, there is a chunk of Americans who have no idea that this situation goes back years. They literally think that Russia invaded Ukraine in feb 2022 for of the hell of it.

The people in Eastern Ukraine were revolting against the Ukrainian government as part of Russia's attempted land grab.

I’m not sure if Thailand accepts brics. I thought I recalled a Russian couple telling me that they have to use cash when they take taxi cabs and things like that.

The Russian couple I spoke with in Bangkok said that even in China if Russians travel to China, they have issues using debit cards and things like that.

The people in Eastern Ukraine were revolting against the Ukrainian government as part of Russia's attempted land grab.
What about the overthrow of the Ukrainian government in 2014 though? That was a western backed coup. We’ve done that before places like Iran and eventually it wasn’t for the best. Look at Iran today. Let’s not repeat the same mistakes of our history.

The IMF has begrudgingly given Russia an glowing prediction for Economic growth in the next several years so I don't know what the info is that Russia is collapsing financially. It obviously is not true.
Polish Friend with relatives in Russia told me the Prisons are basically empty now. 120,000 of the casualties were jailbirds that did not contribute to the economy anyway. So They're saving millions just in lower prison costs alone. Russia has nearly 100 Trillion in untapped mineral assets...dwarves any other country. NATO has its eyes on Russian Mineral deposits.....Kinda explains their aggression in that region over the past decade.
I personally have different thoughts about using prisoners for war. A number of countries of history have have done this it’s a sort of way to give the prisoner redemption. I don’t know exactly what is going on on the ground and Ukraine but certainly all warfare could be ugly.

I know that the Russian ruble tanked immediately after Russia invaded Ukraine, but it gained back significant ground not too long after the initial invasion. So to your point that’s something interesting.

I am neutral toward the Russia Ukraine war. I think it’s really important that we keep in mind Ukraine is not a democracy. Ukraine canceled elections recently. That’s not what a democracy does. So Ukraine is clearly an authoritarian country similar to or more authoritarian than Russia.

I am neutral toward the Russia Ukraine war. I think it’s really important that we keep in mind Ukraine is not a democracy. Ukraine canceled elections recently. That’s not what a democracy does. So Ukraine is clearly an authoritarian country similar to or more authoritarian than Russia.

it seems you complain far more about Ukraine than about Russia.

The USA invading Iraq also showed us some good things. As bad as the war was, there were examples of American soldiers, building schools and helping Iraqi children. There are also examples of Russians building schools for Ukrainians and helping Ukrainian children. That’s what brave men do the courageous men of the Russian and American military.

Again, Russia did not attack us or supply weapons to the Iraqi military in 2003 when we attacked Iraq. So it is blatantly insane and might even say evil for the USA to support Ukraine all because Russia invaded Ukraine which by the way is there neighboring country. There’s tons of Ukrainians that support Russia. There’s an argument to be made that Russia and Ukraine is more justified compared to America going thousands of miles away to invade Iraq in 2003

The McDonald’s big Mac eating American with the Ukraine and BLM flag …well They are an embarrassment to this country.

“Russia evil “

“ why is Putin doing this?”

— so say the ignorant slob… America, Spain, France, Portugal, China, Japan, Germany, the Ottoman Empire, the tribes of America have gone to war. I suppose some people forget about that, and they look at Russia invading one single country as the end of the world. This anti-Russian mindset is ridiculous. It’s time for a change.
Iran and Saddam/Iraq were enemies... Putin is allied with Iran. WHY would Russia/Putin ever put sanctions on us for Iraq when the enemy of their enemy is busy at work, helping them!

Forum List

Back