American Revolution happened in the 16th Century....

I didn't think anyone was talking about Rick Perry any more. The pundits seem to be locking onto Mitt Romney as the deadline approaches to get on the presidential ballot. As a Democrat, I think Romney would be better for us than Perry. Perry is inept, but so was two term President George Bush. Once America finds out what Mormonism is really about, Christians will be afraid of it as a cult.

Based on Romney's past presidential efforts he has never pulled an evangelical State. Chances are good that the holy rollers would stay home election day 2012.

Yes. Continued Servitude is so much better than Religious Tolerance. :D
Why would the 'Holy Rollers' be concerned for thier liberty? I mean...what are they thinking?
they're concerned that their right to handle snakes would be abridged.

But........I thought Perry was supposed to be the "Great White Hope" for the teabaggers.

Guess he turned out to be the Great White Dope.

Perry was the great hope of all those who jump the gun like just recently for Donald Trump, Chris Christy, or in earlier years Colin Powell, or even Condaleeza Rice when she first ascended to high office. It's a flaw of youth. I don't know that the T-Party latched onto Perry. What some who might id themselves as T-Party people want is someone who speaks simply, has a plan, and takes it to Obama. Some thought Perry could do that, but he was a flash in the pan who was sinking well before this most recent flub.

Perry was apparently told that to score he had to lay Romney low, but in reality T-Party people want candidates who lay Obama low, in a figurative manner of course. His attacks on Romney looked contrived and he looked as if he had feet of clay (or lived in a glass house), attacking Romney on Romney care, but justifying his own policy initiatives as states rights issues.

Perry is a gonner, and won't be missed

The way Republican "rewrite" US history, maybe the country was founded in the 15 hundreds.

two words: 57 states

everyone knows that he meant counties...

well, except for the obama deranged.
Cities maybe, campaign stops maybe but unlikely; counties never; no one looks back and counts the counties they've visited. Most likely, and this IS hard to believe: he mispoke as people sometimes do, sorta babbled a bit of nonsense.

But it is legitimate fodder for exploitation. Maybe Perry made a paradigm error by calling the century by subtracting one from 1700s instead of adding one to 1700s, a nonsensical babble in a moment of fatigue.

Last edited:
Perry, a favorite of Tea Party Republicans, replied, "Our Founding Fathers never meant for Washington, D.C. to be the fount of all wisdom. As a matter of fact, they were very much afraid of that because they'd just had this experience with this far-away government that had centralized thought process and planning and what have you, and then it was actually the reason that we fought the revolution in the 16th century, was to get away from that kind of onerous crown if you will."

Even if he had the century correct, it’s still an idiotic statement.

For fuck's sake!

The most depressing thing to me about the current political climate is that all of a sudden, people have decided to make a huge deal over the smallest, stupidest thing.

Who cares if he got the dates wrong? Everyone makes mistakes.

Last edited:
''You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.''
—President George W. Bush, at the 2001 Gridiron dinner

''One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.''
—Presidential candidate George W. Bush, U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 3, 2000

''The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.''
—Presidential candidate George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

''Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''
—Presidential candidate George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"In terms of the economy, look, I inherited a recession, I am ending on a recession." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

'Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?'

Is this how some determine whether or not they'll vote for a particular candidate? Seems so petty to me. Politicians make gaffes all the time. I'm much more interested in their beliefs and policies. We have so many awful problems in this country and a guy making a gaffe once in awhile is of no importance at all. I just don't understand how so many Americans get duped into focusing on such meaningless issues. I guess it's just more of the Media's dumbing down of America. With all of our horrific problems,this is what some choose to obsess over? God help our Nation. Amen.

Jesus fucking Christ.

The most depressing thing to me about the current political climate is that all of a sudden, people have decided to make a huge deal over the smallest, stupidest thing.

Who cares if he got the dates wrong? Everyone makes mistakes.

Exactly.

But that's no reason to take the Lord's name in vain.

Is this how some determine whether or not they'll vote for a particular candidate? Seems so petty to me. Politicians make gaffes all the time. I'm much more interested in their beliefs and policies. We have so many awful problems in this country and a guy making a gaffe once in awhile is of no importance at all. I just don't understand how so many Americans get duped into focusing on such meaningless issues. I guess it's just more of the Media's dumbing down of America. With all of our horrific problems,this is what some choose to obsess over? God help our Nation. Amen.

It is extremely petty. But you have to understand the candidates need to be perfect. Unless they are Demorats. Then they can say the dumbest things in the world and be considered the smartest people around.

It is extremely petty. But you have to understand the candidates need to be perfect. Unless they are Demorats. Then they can say the dumbest things in the world and be considered the smartest people around.
All one has to do is look at the present crop that are continually excused, while witnessing whom the enablers are.

What a strange universe they have built for themselves outside reality.

two words: 57 states

everyone knows that he meant counties...

well, except for the obama deranged.
Cities maybe, campaign stops maybe but unlikely; counties never; no one looks back and counts the counties they've visited. Most likely, and this IS hard to believe: he mispoke as people sometimes do, sorta babbled a bit of nonsense.

But it is legitimate fodder for exploitation. Maybe Perry made a paradigm error by calling the century by subtracting one from 1700s instead of adding one to 1700s, a nonsensical babble in a moment of fatigue.
Makes you wonder how they would fare if the spotlight were shed upon them...

Forum List

Back