American parents fear Peppa Pig is turning their children British.

expat500

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2012
She’s a sassy, assertive, and independent girlie who knows what she wants. But, is Peppa Pig turning kids into spoiled brats? Some parents seem to think so… as well as fearing she’s changing their nationality.

It’s been almost 20 years since Peppa oinked onto our screens and she’s still as popular as ever, having made a name for herself around the world.

She’s even attracted celebrity cameos, with US singer Katy Perry having voiced her own character recently.

However, the outgoing preschool pig has learned that fame comes with a price, as American parents in particular aren’t massive fans of her behaviour.

So much so, that they’ve started complaining about the influence Peppa is having over their kids.

Some have reported that their American children have picked up British accents and mannerisms, and they’ve even started substituting their American words for British terms.

For example, they might say ‘biscuits’ instead of ‘cookies.’

lol.

Yeah, but "Peppa" also celebrated gay pride month, so it's just more leftwing messaging directed a preschoolers.

Why can't these people just let kids be kids?

She’s a sassy, assertive, and independent girlie who knows what she wants. But, is Peppa Pig turning kids into spoiled brats? Some parents seem to think so… as well as fearing she’s changing their nationality.

It’s been almost 20 years since Peppa oinked onto our screens and she’s still as popular as ever, having made a name for herself around the world.

She’s even attracted celebrity cameos, with US singer Katy Perry having voiced her own character recently.

However, the outgoing preschool pig has learned that fame comes with a price, as American parents in particular aren’t massive fans of her behaviour.

So much so, that they’ve started complaining about the influence Peppa is having over their kids.

Some have reported that their American children have picked up British accents and mannerisms, and they’ve even started substituting their American words for British terms.

lol.

I wish I was British.

Parents across the US say their children are acquiring British accents, thanks to Peppa Pig.

Linguistic experts have cast doubt on such claims, but some parents insist the “Peppa effect” has their American children saying “mummy” instead of “mommy”, using phrases such as “Give it a go”, and pronouncing tomato “to-mah-to”, not “to-may-to.

I don't (snort) know what to say (snort)!

My grandson loves Peppa Pig. My wife absolutely hates that cartoon. Were Bug Bunny and Popeye any better?

lol.

Our youngest granddaughter when through a couple of years where she loved Peppa Pig.

She outgrew it. It didn't turn her British.

She also love Masha and the Bear but it didn't turn her Russian.

I don't (snort) know what to say (snort)!

My grandson loves Peppa Pig. My wife absolutely hates that cartoon. Were Bug Bunny and Popeye any better?
Or the Coyote and the Road Runner .
Nope, blowing up shit on every show,
Looks like that show promoted Terrorism......LOLLOLLLOLLL

Timothy McVeigh probably watched to much

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.16.58 AM.png

Our youngest granddaughter when through a couple of years where she loved Peppa Pig.

She outgrew it. It didn't turn her British.

She also love Masha and the Bear but it didn't turn her Russian.

It’s making waves on the British media. American parents are saying the show is turning their kids into brats.

Forum List

Back