American Jews who Won War Medals

Jews are a religious group, not a racial croup. This is in the wrong forum.
Jews are an ethno-religious group (Wiki), and genetically identifiable.
There's is much work in this area.
Modern (century and more) discrimination against Jews has been mainly Racial, not scriptural.
`

Last edited:
Jews are a religious group, not a racial croup. This is in the wrong forum.
Jews are an ethno-religious group (Wiki), and genetically identifiable.
There's is much work in this area.
Modern (century and more) discrimination against Jews has been mainly Racial, not scriptural.
`

Jews are a religious group. I am Irish. If I convert to Judaism, I am still Irish and I am a Jew. You cannot convert to an ethnicity.

I am not quite sure why we are pointing out Jewish Medal of Honor recipients anyway? Other groups have equal or more recipients. The Irish exceed all CMOH recipients, but so what?

Furthermore, I think the assignation of Medal of Honor to the Navy Cross and the Distinguished Service Cross is very deceptive, perhaps even deliberately so, because most people think of the Medal of Honor as the Congressional Medal of Honor. The people listed on your link are not all or even mostly Congressional Medal of Honor recipients.

Last edited:
Leave it to the Jews to only recognize themselves in the annals of awards in the US military.

Not only that, he posted it in two different places. Hopeully, they will join them.

Last edited:
Medals aren't won. They're awarded. Soldiers don't compete with each other.

Yes, I'm anal.

I agree, not that your anal, but they are awarded and not won.

How can anyone be considered a winner when many of these medals are awarded posthumously to brave and valorous men who sacrificed their lives for their country. How do you "win" a Purple Heart".

Also, and related to comments made by [MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION] about what I would call shameless self promotion, most people consider the Medal of Honor to be the Congressional Medal of Honor and not the Distinguished Service Cross or the Navy Cross. Most (by far) of those listed were not recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor. It seems deceptive, perhaps deliberately so, to present this misimpression and it dishonors these brave men by inflating their very rightfully honored bravery.

These Jewish soldiers fought, and many died, beside their comrades as American soldiers and to try to seperate them in such a manner is disgusting. No other group does this to such a degree to my knowledge. It invites comparison. I will refrain at this time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back