America: “You have the RIGHT to an attorney”.....but not a doctor right guys?

Its like “Oh he cant afford to protect himself in court, so, his govt will provide this basic dignity for its people.”

But then “Hes sick? Screw him let him suffer and die. Thats what he gets for not being able to afford it.”

where have you been???

of course we have a right to a doctor,,,all you have to do is pay for it with your own money and not demand others pay for it,,,

what you dont have a right to is other peoples money or time,,,

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing.

But get sick? OOOOOHHHH NO....now you don’t have the right to someones service.

I get it now. I can CHOOSE to commit a crime, then im entitled to someones service. But I DONT choose to get sick, but when I do, Im no longer entitled to medical services.

And you wonder why PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS is going to happen? This is why. And its past due.
If you are poor and sick, you can walk into any emergency room and be seen. If you are poor and stupid, you can be locked in any cell and a lawyer will see you.
If you are just plain flat stupid, you will vote for Bernie.

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing.

I get it now. I can CHOOSE to commit a crime, then im entitled to someones service. But I DONT choose to get sick, but when I do, Im no longer entitled to medical services.

And you wonder why PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS is going to happen? This is why. And its past due.

What a horseshit OP. No one in the USA is denied medical care. NO ONE. Even those here illegally. But yes, if you get it free it may not be as convenient as if you were paying for it. tough shit.

Top 10 Reasons People Go Bankrupt | HuffPost

Nobody should have to file for bankruptcy because they get sick.

they don't. What that article fails to accurately describe is that, yes, most bankruptcies include some medical bills, but no bankruptcies occur only because of medical bills. It also does not address the FACT that unpaid medical bills are almost always written off by the hospital or medical provider. Medical providers do not take people to court for unpaid medical bills.

your article is bullshit
I did bankruptcies as part of my law practice. I did thousands of them. Not one was for medical bills alone. Number one was credit cards. Number two was heavy debt and the death of a spouse.

What a horseshit OP. No one in the USA is denied medical care. NO ONE. Even those here illegally. But yes, if you get it free it may not be as convenient as if you were paying for it. tough shit.

they don't. What that article fails to accurately describe is that, yes, most bankruptcies include some medical bills, but no bankruptcies occur only because of medical bills. It also does not address the FACT that unpaid medical bills are almost always written off by the hospital or medical provider. Medical providers do not take people to court for unpaid medical bills.

your article is bullshit
I did bankruptcies as part of my law practice. I did thousands of them. Not one was for medical bills alone. Number one was credit cards. Number two was heavy debt and the death of a spouse.

It's not about you.

your article is bullshit

It's not about you.
No. It's about the blatant lie that people file bankruptcy because of medical bills.

your article is bullshit

It's not about you.
No. It's about the blatant lie that people file bankruptcy because of medical bills.

And yet they do. Sure, their credit cards may be maxed out because of their medical bills also. Sure, they may be behind on other bills because of missing work because they were sick.

For me, I believe that Sanders and other Democrats are going about it in the wrong way. It shouldn’t be about making a villain out of the super rich and then using that to tax the super rich in order to make things like healthcare free for everybody else. We should all have to pay in for our healthcare to some extent. If a candidate were to advocate for a system that is free for children up to a certain age, as well as other special exemptions such as truly mentally disabled people with no guardians or care givers, then beyond that all adults should have to pay out of pocket a sensible, capped dollar amount per year as a deductible. Once that number is reached then all other expenses for the year would be paid for by the government healthcare system.

Yes that means higher taxes depending on your income as well as other taxes on sales or trades and other items like that along potential budget cuts in areas that money could be reallocated from such as the military and subsidies, but atleast it yields itself to less abuse and waste in my opinion. It would take time to adapt it and for it to become normal but I strongly disagree with the current method of making the wealthy the villain in order to justify “free” healthcare. If everybody contributes atleast with a deductible for most Americans then you’ll have more respect and buy in for the process I believe.

For me, I believe that Sanders and other Democrats are going about it in the wrong way. It shouldn’t be about making a villain out of the super rich and then using that to tax the super rich in order to make things like healthcare free for everybody else. We should all have to pay in for our healthcare to some extent. If a candidate were to advocate for a system that is free for children up to a certain age, as well as other special exemptions such as truly mentally disabled people with no guardians or care givers, then beyond that all adults should have to pay out of pocket a sensible, capped dollar amount per year as a deductible. Once that number is reached then all other expenses for the year would be paid for by the government healthcare system.

Yes that means higher taxes depending on your income as well as other taxes on sales or trades and other items like that along potential budget cuts in areas that money could be reallocated from such as the military and subsidies, but atleast it yields itself to less abuse and waste in my opinion. It would take time to adapt it and for it to become normal but I strongly disagree with the current method of making the wealthy the villain in order to justify “free” healthcare. If everybody contributes atleast with a deductible for most Americans then you’ll have more respect and buy in for the process I believe.

The vast majority will pay something, not just the "super rich". You need to expand your realm of influence.

your article is bullshit

It's not about you.

And yet they do. Sure, their credit cards may be maxed out because of their medical bills also. Sure, they may be behind on other bills because of missing work because they were sick.
Credit cards get maxed out because of overspending not because of sickness. More people miss work because of personal time than sick time.

your article is bullshit

It's not about you.

Credit cards get maxed out because of overspending not because of sickness. More people miss work because of personal time than sick time.

Which has nothing to do with people filing for bankruptcy over medical bills.

It's not about you.

Except that the vast majority of bankruptcies have nothing to do with medical bills. Medical providers have too many ways of dealing with medical debt which is why insurance companies get billed $300,00 for an aspirin.

I can't agree with you more.

My opinion is we do have a right including a constitutional right to health care.

It's right there where it says we are supposed to provide for the general welfare of the nation and our people. To me that means it includes health care.

Unfortunately the conservatives don't.

It's another reason why we need to replace those conservatives in our government with people who do believe that we have the right to health care.

It's not about you.

Except that the vast majority of bankruptcies have nothing to do with medical bills. Medical providers have too many ways of dealing with medical debt which is why insurance companies get billed $300,00 for an aspirin.

Your opinion is yours. I'll go with nearly every expert on the subject.

Yeah about that...Um I'm 63 and haven't needed either. If you don't do drugs or taunt cops, its amazing how far you can go.

Well good for you.

There are other people who don't taunt cops or do drugs but still need health care.

Like people who are diagnosed with cancer or Parkinson's or Alzheimers or any one of countless diseases people have the misfortune to have to fight for their lives.. Or babies born with birth defects.

How can you be such a selfish and self centered person?

This world doesn't revolve around you.

Its like “Oh he cant afford to protect himself in court, so, his govt will provide this basic dignity for its people.”

But then “Hes sick? Screw him let him suffer and die. Thats what he gets for not being able to afford it.”
No one in the USA is denied healthcare. Ever hear of medicaid?

Is there any end to the list of shit you think we all owe you?

Uhhh, hospitals have to accept you if you are gravely ill whether you can pay or not.

Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia

They are not legally liable to actually cure you and they don't.

All they are legally supposed to do is stabilize you then refer you to a doctor.

That's not fixing the problem. The person doesn't have insurance or a way to pay for it so their bill gets forced on those of us who can pay making our bills many more times higher than they should be.

Your attitude is literally killing 60 thousand Americans a year.

How pro life of you.

No one in the USA is denied healthcare. Ever hear of medicaid?

This has been covered over and over but it doesn't seem to stop people.

Is the right to a doctor in the Constitution?

Funny.

Obamacare said 1) I could keep my plan, 2) keep my doctor and that 3) I would save at least $2500 a year.

Obamacare lied.

Now what?
Trump said his plan was going to be way better and cost less. Where is it?

Forum List

Back