America is Superior, Change my mind

well, the US has a lot of people/land/resources
...it was able to not only grow and develop, but also to put controls/learning/schools/etc in place, thus making a very stable/productive/great/etc country
...England-- a very tiny island country with little resources ''ruled the world'' at one time
I'd place England very high on the list....and Japan....Germany

....Germany beat one of the largest armies in the world + England ''very quickly'' with innovative tactics in 1940...so we have 1 country beating 2.....they also conquered a lot of territory--a lot of Russia, France, Norway, etc etc ..the combat was only one part of it--the logistics was the other, very huge, important part..this takes great organization, innovation, discipline,etc
....today they are an economic powerhouse

Why the need to be 'superior'? Sounds like someone wants to be The Master Race. Yeah, no thanks.

Actually, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for excellent food? Not much better than France and Italy. If you are looking for superior electronics? Japan is a pretty fierce contender.

But, all countries have their strengths, and their weaknesses. I've been to 26 of them over the course of my career, and there were several places I would have considered retiring at. Anywhere on the Costa del Sol (Suncoast) of Spain would be nice, and Spain has pretty decent living conditions.

But to claim that America is superior to all other nations? That is just jingoistic national pride and doesn't really benefit anyone.

I know that one of the things I avoided like the plague was appearing to be an Ugly American. That is the person who walks around other countries saying how much better America is without actually checking into the local scene, or those people who walk up to the natives and ask if they speak English in a loud, slow manner. When the person shakes their head? They ask again, only slower and louder. I also know that around 80 percent of the people in Europe speak English. How do I know this? Because I would always leave the ship with a phrase book for the country I was in (they were free on the quarterdeck). When a person saw me asking them a question in their language, they would let me wrestle around with their language for a short period, then, generally, they would smile at me and tell me they spoke English, but they appreciated the effort I was making to communicate in their language.

Actually, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for excellent food? Not much better than France and Italy. If you are looking for superior electronics? Japan is a pretty fierce contender.

But, all countries have their strengths, and their weaknesses. I've been to 26 of them over the course of my career, and there were several places I would have considered retiring at. Anywhere on the Costa del Sol (Suncoast) of Spain would be nice, and Spain has pretty decent living conditions.

But to claim that America is superior to all other nations? That is just jingoistic national pride and doesn't really benefit anyone.

I know that one of the things I avoided like the plague was appearing to be an Ugly American. That is the person who walks around other countries saying how much better America is without actually checking into the local scene, or those people who walk up to the natives and ask if they speak English in a loud, slow manner. When the person shakes their head? They ask again, only slower and louder. I also know that around 80 percent of the people in Europe speak English. How do I know this? Because I would always leave the ship with a phrase book for the country I was in (they were free on the quarterdeck). When a person saw me asking them a question in their language, they would let me wrestle around with their language for a short period, then, generally, they would smile at me and tell me they spoke English, but they appreciated the effort I was making to communicate in their language.
...some African countries do not have many strengths
...Somalia?? starvation? I guess everyone being armed is good....?? so they can steal food????
...Venezuela??
...Uganda??
...Libya??

South Sudan--very high illiteracy -....???
some countries are superior just as some people are smarter than others
fact--

I've noticed you have a habit of bragging...you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself and think everyone else is beneath you. Which to me is an even worse character trait than jingoistic patriotism.

as far as food goes thats a matter of opinion....all the people i have met visiting from other countries just about all of them thought this country had foods they never get in their homeland and they were going to eat a lot before they left...and they were all amazed at the size of the portions here.....

It is superior, who doesn't agree with that??? this video shows.

Is America superior? Depends on which countries and sectors you're comparing. Militarily, we're definitely number 1. Economically as well. But when it comes to social cohesion and civil order, lots of other countries have us beat. I dunno, I never really have felt a whole lotta pride in this nation considering it's basically the wellspring of the worst kinds of degeneracy. I know there's lots of good people in this country but they're all kinda drowned out by the all powerful American media which has spread it's corrupting influence into every facet of human life.

Is America superior? Depends on which countries and sectors you're comparing. Militarily, we're definitely number 1. Economically as well. But when it comes to social cohesion and civil order, lots of other countries have us beat. I dunno, I never really have felt a whole lotta pride in this nation considering it's basically the wellspring of the worst kinds of degeneracy. I know there's lots of good people in this country but they're all kinda drowned out by the all powerful American media which has spread it's corrupting influence into every facet of human life.

"Lots of other countries"

Ok! That's a great argument..that doesn't actually argue anything.

Not anymore after 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich and cuts for everyone else, not to mention the worst BS propaganda machines in our history. Thanks for 911 through sheer incompetence, the stupidest Wars, and another corrupt World depression. What is so bad about a living wage Healthcare daycare good infrastructure paid parental leave cheap college and training, a national ID card to stop it illegals, like all other modern countries have? The GOP is a disgrace.

download (25).jpeg

Simply stated in my view.

"Lots of other countries"

Ok! That's a great argument..that doesn't actually argue anything.

Sorry, I'm just feeling very cynical and pessimistic towards life in general right now so I probably shouldnt even have posted at all. I don't really feel like typing a list of every country that has a lower crime rate and less civil disorder than the US but I'd be lying if I said I didnt envy places like Norway and Japan for their relatively calm and orderly way of life.

strongest with the best military is best , after that everything else can be gone after and acquired or gotten .

No... America is superior to the other nations.... we have accumulated more wealth and power in a shorter time than any other nation in history and misused those less than any other nation..... all while freeing more people with our own blood and treasure and enabling the poor around the world to escape poverty through our military strength and economic and scientific innovation...... Without the U.S., Europe would be a shithole.....as armies would still be marching across it every few years..... now they have peace and prosperity, thanks to the U.S.

Forum List

Back