America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
America is a nation comprised mostly of Christians

We are NOT a Christian nation

This is the kind of typical dumbassery that I find personally offensive. A crackpot joins the discussion to make a point that has already been refuted, but he's too stupid to read the thread and get caught up to speed. THAT was an example of why these boards don't work very well.

Yes, America IS a Christian nation and we've proven it. At the beginning of each of my relevant posts to prove it I am telling posters which posts I have that follow the general narrative. That way, even with idiocy like you just posted, people can find the facts IF they are so inclined.

Other than that, I can't fix stupid.
You are a sad representation of a US Citizen

Our founders weep that you have missed the whole purpose of our democracy. Religious freedom

Freedom from state sponsored religion

Your inability to make a supporting argument is obvious to everyone. That is you being a poor debater.

That you try to cover for that, by insulting people, is you being a jerk.

Do you think that you can refute his claims? If so, why are you afraid to do that?

If not, why not?

Freedom from state religion, does not mean this is not a Christian nation.
We are a nation of Christians
We are not a Christian Nation

Big Difference

Asserting it, is not an argument.

Pretending it is, is the type of silly game people play, when they know they are defending a false position.
You have missed the whole point of our Constitution

This is the kind of typical dumbassery that I find personally offensive. A crackpot joins the discussion to make a point that has already been refuted, but he's too stupid to read the thread and get caught up to speed. THAT was an example of why these boards don't work very well.

Yes, America IS a Christian nation and we've proven it. At the beginning of each of my relevant posts to prove it I am telling posters which posts I have that follow the general narrative. That way, even with idiocy like you just posted, people can find the facts IF they are so inclined.

Our founders weep that you have missed the whole purpose of our democracy. Religious freedom

Your inability to make a supporting argument is obvious to everyone. That is you being a poor debater.

Do you think that you can refute his claims? If so, why are you afraid to do that?

If not, why not?

Big Difference

Asserting it, is not an argument.

Pretending it is, is the type of silly game people play, when they know they are defending a false position.
You have missed the whole point of our Constitution

Your use of a vague assertion, to signal disagreement, while trying to hide the fact that you cannot refute the OP, is noted.

Do you not believe that non Christian religions have been discriminated against, though out our history? By the power structure which has/is composed almost exclusively of Christians?

You have not been able to refute one, single, solitary sentence I've written so if being an ass, making that kind of claim makes you think you'll feel good, have at it. We both realize that the one thing I am not is a zealot.

I want to be going in the direction this country was moving when we led the world by every metric.

Name one you want refuted? You believe in the devil which God refuted in the OT, besides that one,
and you believe the 16 amendment is unconstitutional, I believe non profits are.

You cannot refute a fact. God did not refute the Devil; he rebuked him. I'm not the only person that ever exposed the 16th Amendment. Try refuting this:

To disbelieve is not to disprove or refute. It's just you unwilling to accept the facts at hand.

You have not been able to refute one, single, solitary sentence I've written so if being an ass, making that kind of claim makes you think you'll feel good, have at it. We both realize that the one thing I am not is a zealot.

I want to be going in the direction this country was moving when we led the world by every metric.

Name one you want refuted? You believe in the devil which God refuted in the OT, besides that one,
and you believe the 16 amendment is unconstitutional, I believe non profits are.

You cannot refute a fact. God did not refute the Devil; he rebuked him. I'm not the only person that ever exposed the 16th Amendment. Try refuting this:

To disbelieve is not to disprove or refute. It's just you unwilling to accept the facts at hand.

Not in the OT, God said he creates good as well as evil.

Also God sent a angel out to bring evil to Job, just not to kill him, all according to scripture.

Suddenly the devil turns up again in the NT, to find out if Jesus was not succumbing to temptations, how do we know God didn't send him like he sent the angel in Job. We don't.

Who gave the 10 plagues to Egypt. God according to scripture.

Also Jefferson took out Jesus's miracles , his resurrection, his born of a virgin, he considered him a wise man. Not a God. Also Jefferson thought the book of Revelation was wrote by a crazed person.

The problem you have, all accounts say that Jefferson took his religious views seriously. You and I do not have the luxury of judging him. As you pointed out earlier, there are some Christians who don't think Mormons are Christians. I witnessed a church group fall apart over whether they should observe the sabbath on Saturday or Sunday.

The Catholic and the Christian Bibles are different. What's the point? All of them have commonalities upon which they built a common culture and those commonalities are a part of our culture and heritage whether you like it or not. They generally support public displays of the Nativity, the Ten Commandments and having crosses on graves.

The Ten Commandments are a common set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God and have as much weight in society as any man made law.

No, the Catholic and the Protestant bibles are different. The Catholic ones have more books in the OT, and some very imp. books.

The 10 commandments are the Jewish commandments and there are 613 of them.

Semantics will always win an argument. When the Ten Commandments were given, there was no such thing as a Jewish religion.

You continually contradict ourself.

The Ten Commandments are a common set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God and have as much weight in society as any man made law.

You told me Jefferson was a Christian.

Now you say. ”....set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God“

Jefferson did not profess that the Bible was the Word of God. He cut the damn thing up to to edit out the BS.

How can you declare Jefferson to be a Christian and also say “all” Christians believe something that Jefferson did not believe.

Just because Jefferson did not agree with the mainstream doesn't prove a damn thing. Aren't you the guy that posted part of an article with no link and the link proved you wrong already? Are you really so petty you want to argue about this? That is your life???

America is a nation comprised mostly of Christians

We are NOT a Christian nation

If not, why not?

Big Difference

No dumbass. If you read the thread, you'd figure out how wrong you are, but I guess we have to suffer trolls for their amusement because they don't have a life.

Yeah, that slave B.S. seems to really work wonders for your argument IF those who wail about it were not loyal to the political party that perpetuated it
That is so fucking stupid. I didn't read the rest of your nonsense. You are embarrassing yourself.

AMERICA IS WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91 and 109

What is so stupid is that trolls jump on threads, sling skeet and don't have the common courtesy to see if their point has been answered. So, I have to keep repeating the same points and that is a waste of my time; it makes for a long and cumbersome thread and the points are never made and we never move forward. You're stupid to think I'll play along.

"A nation is a stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, history, ethnicity, or psychological make-up manifested in a common culture."

Nation - Wikipedia

Our nation was built on those things that constitute that definition. Putting people from every corner of the earth, representing every race, color, creed, political persuasion, sexual persuasion, and religion into one big melting pot is not a nation. It is a recipe for disaster.

America was founded by white people who used the Bible as the basis for their system of jurisprudence - our history of articulating good from bad, right from wrong, just from unjust.

Seventy five years ago you could look at an American and you would know what he was, much the same way we can look at the Chinese, Japanese, North Korean, etc. today and know what they are. We were a homogeneous people.

As a homogeneous people, we shared common values. We valued the sanctity of life; we developed a belief in unalienable Rights - Rights that were so fundamental they were ruled above the law by our courts; we cherished Liberty. We had certain limitations. Unlike the Muslims, women were put on a pedestal, not in the closet. We had a very distinct outlook on things like fair play.

Today, the liberals control America. Our courtrooms are controlled by judges who were trained in law schools accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA.) The ABA is the most liberal organization in the United States - slightly left of Marxism. The over-all numerical advantage in Congress goes to the Democrats. Many Republicans are RINOs and neither side really supports the Constitution as it was originally written and intended.

Presidents have become figureheads and none of them in my lifetime were knowledgeable about the Bible. With Congress being predominantly Democrats, then it is Democrats that have to step up to the plate and answer for the status quo.

Everything from immigration laws to restrictions on our unalienable Rights lie at the feet of the people who are rejecting our culture and history in favor of a multicultural society. These non-believers who have dominated the political arena for the last two generations have been in charge as America has gone down the toilet. The youth are on drugs (and it is the non-believers who advocate for liberal drug laws.) Americans consume over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply; we have the highest number of people in prisons both in raw numbers and per capita than the rest of the world; America's children are diagnosed with mental disorders in numbers higher than any nation on the planet.

If you follow the downfall of America, it's downfall can be measured by the number of laws and court decisions that have tried to exclude any mention of our cultural values and that is because those values are tied to the Bible. Though not a big fan of this guy, I feel his input is invaluable on this issue, so I'm leaving links for those who want to get serious:

America's Godly Heritage (B01)

Keys to Good Government (DVD03)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S2OFHE/?tag=ff0d01-20
If our founders wanted us to be a Christian Nation they could have done so

They knew better

They did and the proof is right before you, troll. Read the thread and respond to the posts where it was proven.

Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy.

by your standard, I’m a Christian. Jesus was a great moral teacher. Just pointing out as a Christian that you misspoke. Who is telling you that you said America was founded as a theocracy?

But America was not founded as a Christian nation.

I think what you are trying to say is that the period from colonization through the revolution m, to the founding of a new nation, the territory that formed the first thirteen colonies was dominated by white male Protestant Christianity

And you miss it.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian. I am not going to argue what has been established as fact. If you cannot refute the points I made, then the old maxim that silence is acceptance applies.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts.

Nice opinion. I see no need to refute that. Just a question though. How do you make the leap from your opinion that Biblical values being present in society means America was founded as a Christian Nation?

My opinion is that non-Christian Deist optimism and ideas derived from Enlightenment philosophers molded much of the Founders such as Jefferson’s thought.

But I don’t feel a need push some kind of request that everyone must accept the notion that America was founded as an optimistic Deist nation.

And what does that have to do with the thread topic?

I was asked a question, and I answered it. Try to keep up.

Sooo, are you admitting that it had nothing to do with the thread topic? I asked the question, because I was trying to "keep up" your lack of a response was not helpful at all.

I'm not here to help you Correll.

Apparently you are here to troll this thread and show us why the left should be allowed to turn America into an atheistic democracy.

Apparently, you are giving credit to Christianity for the democracy that was established by the founders with absolutely no though to Christianity.

You sound like someone with dyslexia. Speak to your primary care doctor.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts.

Nice opinion. I see no need to refute that. Just a question though. How do you make the leap from your opinion that Biblical values being present in society means America was founded as a Christian Nation?

My opinion is that non-Christian Deist optimism and ideas derived from Enlightenment philosophers molded much of the Founders such as Jefferson’s thought.

But I don’t feel a need push some kind of request that everyone must accept the notion that America was founded as an optimistic Deist nation.

There was a lot of input from a variety of sources, but the founders / framers at the behest of the people ended up with a constitutional Republic based on Christian principles.

What is obvious to me is that you cannot refute the facts because you don't want to read my relevant posts and I don't have to keep repeating them. There is one thing that I will give you an opinion on:

My most notable critics have had a classic fail in refuting the facts. They loaded this thread up with B.S. posts and now they don't want to read the facts despite that I'm telling you what post numbers in this thread contain the most relevant factual information. So, you non- believers are afraid, illiterate, dishonest, and / or lazy. It's one or more of those. Either way, you won't get an argument if you cannot access the facts, read the links and proceed.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian.

No. You watered down the meaning of being a Christian so low that even I am a Christian by your definition.

But you have also stated that all Christians believe the Holy Bible is the Word if God? I don’t. Jefferson didn’t. So we must not be Christians.

You can’t keep your story straight so how can you come off telling us that you have proved Jefferson was a Christian.

Jesus dude. You are one messed up ‘highly educated’ Christian.

Why do you think that you cannot refute Rockwell, on the real meat of his position?

Which Rockwell? He says Jefferson was a Christian by virtue of believing that Jesus was a mere mortal who had great moral teachings.

I don’t need to refute Rockwell’s stated definition being a Christian since his version of Christianity is so watered down his entire point is self-refuted.

Why can’t you answer a simple question which is quite relevant to my refutation of your weird pal Rockwell.

here it is again. I’m asking what you think not what Jefferson thought. We know what Jefferson thought since it is well documented.

The OP told me that if one believes only that Jesus was a great moral teacher but rejects the hocus-pocus of Christianity then that person is a Christian. Does that match your definition of being a Christian?

I made a case for Jefferson being a Christian. Since you have not quoted it and refuted those facts and obvious conclusions, one must accept the fact that silence is acceptance.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian.

No. You watered down the meaning of being a Christian so low that even I am a Christian by your definition.

But you have also stated that all Christians believe the Holy Bible is the Word if God? I don’t. Jefferson didn’t. So we must not be Christians.

You can’t keep your story straight so how can you come off telling us that you have proved Jefferson was a Christian.

Do you believe this is a woman?

17295822-standard.jpg

America was set up to NOT have an Established Religion, of the State.

THat does not require that the nation as a whole, and/or the people be secular.

yepp the Founders demanded the new government maintain strict neutrality on religion. That is why it is absolutely ridiculous to preach nowadays that America was founded as a Christian Nation.

thanks for refuting the OP.

I made a case for Jefferson being a Christian.

That case was that Jefferson believed Jesus was s a great moral teacher. A mortal man. No divinity. Not immaculately conceived. Never rose from the dead.

You have not made a case other than you don’t even know what being a Christian means.

Last edited:

Do you believe this is a woman?

17295822-standard.jpg

No. it’s a photograph of a person I don’t know. And it has no relevance to the discussion.

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 and 153

There is no way to answer each and every critic - one critic had ten posts in ONE thread for me to respond to within an hour. Therefore, I won't repeat myself. I have stated certain FACTS in the posts above. To this point they are not being dealt with. Critics simply keep asking the same questions over and over and they've been answered already. Anything I'm missing I will come back and add to the mountains of evidence already presented.

Christianity is a part of our culture and heritage. Every couple of years you have non-Christian religions and non-believers wanting to change our heritage; our national identity; our culture.

The New England Primer was the first principal textbook used for educating the children of the colonists beginning in 1688.

The New-England Primer | textbook

That book would remain the principal textbook for well over 150 years. Now, let us fix a timeline here:

In 1802, Thomas Jefferson wrote his controversial "separation of church and state" letter (that means exactly 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists and non-believers claim.)

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

The New England Primer was a Christian based textbook and you can see it here:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-New-England-Primer.pdf

So, here is the context:

Children were receiving a Christian education before Thomas Jefferson wrote his letter to the Danbury Baptists. It was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the "separation of church and state" letter. For that matter, it was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence! AND, it remained the textbook of choice for over 37 years after Jefferson penned that letter.

I noticed the usual arguments about this didn't surface and maybe those who are real political propagandists don't want to go down this obvious road, but Jefferson's letter was actually a promise that the federal government would never interfere with education which was considered a social duty.

The federal government has no legitimate / constitutional business in education. BTW, The New England Primer remained in the classrooms of America beyond the death of Thomas Jefferson and more than 40 years after the ratification of the United States Constitution. The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

America was set up to NOT have an Established Religion, of the State.

THat does not require that the nation as a whole, and/or the people be secular.

yepp the Founders demanded the new government maintain strict neutrality on religion. That is why it is absolutely ridiculous to preach nowadays that America was founded as a Christian Nation.

thanks for refuting the OP.

My position has yet to be refuted. You're simply too illiterate, lazy, stupid, and / or dishonest to read this thread and find out what it was I really DID say. You should butt out. You are clueless.

See the above post

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 and 153

There is no way to answer each and every critic - one critic had ten posts in ONE thread for me to respond to within an hour. Therefore, I won't repeat myself. I have stated certain FACTS in the posts above. To this point they are not being dealt with. Critics simply keep asking the same questions over and over and they've been answered already. Anything I'm missing I will come back and add to the mountains of evidence already presented.

Christianity is a part of our culture and heritage. Every couple of years you have non-Christian religions and non-believers wanting to change our heritage; our national identity; our culture.

The New England Primer was the first principal textbook used for educating the children of the colonists beginning in 1688.

The New-England Primer | textbook

That book would remain the principal textbook for well over 150 years. Now, let us fix a timeline here:

In 1802, Thomas Jefferson wrote his controversial "separation of church and state" letter (that means exactly 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists and non-believers claim.)

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

The New England Primer was a Christian based textbook and you can see it here:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-New-England-Primer.pdf

So, here is the context:

Children were receiving a Christian education before Thomas Jefferson wrote his letter to the Danbury Baptists. It was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the "separation of church and state" letter. For that matter, it was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence! AND, it remained the textbook of choice for over 37 years after Jefferson penned that letter.

I noticed the usual arguments about this didn't surface and maybe those who are real political propagandists don't want to go down this obvious road, but Jefferson's letter was actually a promise that the federal government would never interfere with education which was considered a social duty.

The federal government has no legitimate / constitutional business in education. BTW, The New England Primer remained in the classrooms of America beyond the death of Thomas Jefferson and more than 40 years after the ratification of the United States Constitution. The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

The declaration of Independence lists 27 reasons that the founders gave to the world as reason that they established a new nation. Guess how many of them had to do with Christianity.

None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back