America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
]
1. The NATION was created as a collection of already existing States. To claim that the GOVERNMENT defined the NATION, is just you showing how much of a communist you are. T

First off I am not a communist and therefore yiu are a Troll of the worst kind,

I said none of that,

i asked you to explain what you are saying so if you said none of that please explain what it is you are trying to say.

because if you said none of that there is no need to establish on my part the relationship that Jeffersonian beliefs about Christianity has to the group if founders as a whole - as to whether his Is a minority or majority opinion.

Last edited:
It seems like the words of a founding father, at the time of the founding, would shed light on the assumptions and premises of the Founding Fathers, unless you can show that the founding father in question, was not representative of the group.

First off I am not a communist and therefore yiu are a Troll if the worst kind

I said none of that,

i asked you to explain what g you are saying so if you said none of that please explain what it is you are trying to say.

because if you said none of that there is no need to establish on my part the relationship that Jeffersonian beliefs about Christianity has to the group if founders as a whole - as to whether his Is a minority or majority opinion.

I have no idea what you are going on about now.

My point about looking at the words of a Founder at the time of the Founding, to understand what hte Founders intended for the nation, making sense stands.

Hell, you demonstrated that you agree with that, in principle, when you tried to use his words about not having an Established Church to support your current views.

Your goal seems to be to actively muddle the thread in confusion and details, to prevent any real discussion of the thread topic.

I have predicted this,earlier, and furthermore, I assume that you will soon start to make things personal, in your attempt to get a thread, where uncomfortable truths are being discussed,

locked.

That is the closest lefties can get, to the concept of "winning an argument".

My point about looking at the words of a Founder at the time of the Founding, to understand what hte Founders intended for the nation, making sense stands.

Fine;

So cut the bullshit and tell me why my inserting Jefferson’s views on the Christian Religion in order to contribute to being able to further describe my counter argument is troll like conduct,

it was my first post into the discussion and you are saying it must be burned from the other side of your mouth.

Fine;

So cut the bullshit and tell me why my inserting Jefferson’s views on the Christian Religion in order to contribute to being able to further describe my counter argument is troll like conduct,

it was my first post into the discussion and you are saying it must be burned from the other side if your mouth.

Because 1. being against an Established Church, does not support your claim for not being a Christian nation, and 2. you are peppering your posts with inflammatory and troll like rhetoric.

Such as "must be burned from the other side of your mouth".

You want to NOT be seen as a troll? Don't act like a freaking Troll.

Because 1. being against an Established Church, does not support your claim for not being a Christian nation,

Why not? it helps to build my case.

You are talking about Jefferson’s opposition to the established churches, right.

My case that has been presented here is that Jefferson’s intellect and education and fiercely anti-Christian establishment mindset was more directly responsible for the Founding of an American Enlightened nation than the total contributions of the collective virtue and history of Christianity present in mostly English settlements in North America.

Your response to me trying to build my case was to tell me that when I write nation I think
Government and that makes me a commie.

2. you are peppering your posts with inflammatory and troll like rhetoric.

You call me a Communist based upon being able to read minds -
  • Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. The World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite!Wikipedia › wiki › Matthew_7:5Matthew 7:5 - Wikipedi

Because 1. being against an Established Church, does not support your claim for not being a Christian nation,

A 200 year history of Christian religion in New England and the fact that it dominated most principles, virtue and law does not support the need for a slogan that America was founded as a Christian Nation, it does not support the reason for why we need it.

I will tell you why if you can stop calling me a commie.

Last edited:

Why not? it helps to build my case.

You are talking about Jefferson’s opposition to the established churches, right.

My case that has been presented here is that Jefferson’s intellect and education and fiercely anti-Christian establishment mindset was more directly responsible for the Founding of an American Enlightened nation than the total contributions of the collective virtue and history of Christianity present in mostly English settlements in North America.

Your response to me trying to build my case was to tell me that when I write nation I think
Government and that makes me a commie.

2. you are peppering your posts with inflammatory and troll like rhetoric.

You call me a Communist based upon being able to read minds -
  • Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. The World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite!Wikipedia › wiki › Matthew_7:5Matthew 7:5 - Wikipedi

1. No, it does not build your case. Being against an Established State Church does not support your claim that he was against America being a Christian nation.

2. No, I based it on your words and actions. Your troll like pretense otherwise is noted and dismissed.

A 200 year history of Christian religion in New England and the fact that it dominated most principles, virtue and law does not support the need for a slogan that America was founded as a Christian Nation, it does not support the the reason for why we need it.

I will tell you why if can stop calling me a commie.

1. Slogan? YOur need to belittle the thread topic, is noted as evidence of intellectual insecurity on your part. The point stands. America was founded as a Christian Nation.

2. I HAD stopped calling you a commie, just because time had passed and you lefties all blur together. But now that you bring it up again, I will be calling you a commie more in the future. SO, don't tell me.

you commie.

1. No, it does not build your case. Being against an Established State Church does not support your claim that he was against America being a Christian nation.

2. No, I based it on your words and actions. Your troll like pretense otherwise is noted and dismissed.

so basically you will burn any book that threatens to challenge the title and subject of this thread.

A 200 year history of Christian religion in New England and the fact that it dominated most principles, virtue and law does not support the need for a slogan that America was founded as a Christian Nation, it does not support the the reason for why we need it.

I will tell you why if can stop calling me a commie.

1. Slogan? YOur need to belittle the thread topic, is noted as evidence of intellectual insecurity on your part. The point stands. America was founded as a Christian Nation.

2. I HAD stopped calling you a commie, just because time had passed and you lefties all blur together. But now that you bring it up again, I will be calling you a commie more in the future. SO, don't tell me.

you commie.[/QUOTE

troll. Idiot. Inarticulate goon.

so basically you will burn any book that threatens to challenge the title and subject of this thread.

The was nicely meaningless, while sounding like it might have hidden meaning. Well done. As trolling, I rate it a good 7.5

My point stands.

Being against an Established State Church does not support your claim that he was against America being a Christian nation.

The was nicely meaningless, while sounding like it might have hidden meaning. Well done. As trolling, I rate it a good 7.5

My point stands.

Being against an Established State Church does not support your claim that he was against America being a Christian nation.

NotfooledbyW has a commie avatar; makes arguments based off of the arguments proffered by communists, trolls a thread, and thinks he's proven something.

NOBODY is buying his lies and misrepresentations. And, insofar as Thomas Jefferson is concerned, he is still only ONE of the founders, certainly not all of them and a lot of them disagreed with Jefferson on various points.

Add to the equation, NotfooledbyW only examines a time period of less than a decade and a half of Jefferson's 83 years on this earth. What about the other founders? NotfooledbyW is the only person on this thread that cannot see he is trolling.

Correll, post: 2393740

i have not and am not attempting to say that Jefferson’s words on the corruption of Christianity means he would not agree with a statement that America was founded as a Christian nation.

Your choice of words “that he was against America being a Christian nation” suck because I don’t think Jefferson ever was against America ‘being a Christian Nation” as long as it was as that ‘being’ was not the result of a magistrate, King or of coercion by a government backed by its power and its laws.

if every single American from 1800 on ward professed a belief in a Divine Jesus I think Jefferson wood be pleased if it had produced a nation of civil, respectful people who followed the exact words of Christ that Jefferson summarized is his little Jefferson’s Bible.

And don’t get me wrong I am not saying to be a Christian Nation in Jefferson’s eye meant Americans had to convert to his version of being a Real Christian. I am saying that Jefferson would rather only be concerned with the results no matter what path Americans took
as America countries to be a Christian and more so after the awakening in 1830 and Christians on separate sides engaged each other in the Civil War.

I’m reading this now;

Did Religion Make the American Civil War Worse?

Faith may have inflamed the conflict, but one lasting legacy of the war may be the toll it took upon American faith. ALLEN GUELZO AUGUST 23, 2015

I could care less if any of you read it. But it produces thought on the current subject.

such as I thought I read a passage that talked about “praying” soldiers.
  • At the height of the war, delegations of concerned clergymen received high-profile audiences with the President; the National Reform Association moved an amendment to the Constitution to add formal recognition of Christianity to its preamble; the military chaplaincy was dramatically expanded as a major component of the U.S. armed forces; and “fully one-third of all soldiers in the field were praying men and members of some branch of the Christian Church,” and religious revivals in the armies converted between 5 and 10 percent of men in uniform.
    ALLEN GUELZO is a professor at Gettysburg College.

Add to the equation, NotfooledbyW only examines a time period of less than a decade and a half of Jefferson's 83 years on this earth. What about the other founders? NotfooledbyW is the only person on this thread that cannot see he is trolling.

Whereas Porter Rockwell examines one single letter from that time period and posts about ten percent of one full statement when he left out the truth that Jefferson was not in any sense a Christian such as the so/called 98% white Americans at the time practiced. Jefferson said ( in what PR edited out) that the Christian Clergy called him an infidel and an atheist.

At least I cited two letters and included the full verse in full context to show the writers intent.

that’s called telling the truth.

PR should try it.

Whereas Porter Rockwell examines one single letter from that time period and posts about ten percent of one full statement when he left out the truth that Jefferson was not in any sense a Christian such as the so/called 98% white Americans at the time practiced. Jefferson said ( in what PR edited out) that the Christian Clergy called him an infidel and an atheist.

At least I cited two letters and included the full verse in full context to show the writers intent.

that’s called telling the truth.

PR should try it.

Somebody explains to you that you are trolling and you go right back to it. You are a proven liar and if you continue with the personal attacks, I'm going to start reporting it. It might not hurt you here, but the incessant trolling will put you on the radar of the mods.

Thomas Jefferson is one man. I quoted him and gave people the reference of where they could get the whole story (including what you don't say) so that they could judge the context. You claim to give people the whole verse, but I cited the complete SOURCE. You still cannot offset what 55 other men said and did in relation to the Declaration of Independence.

NOBODY on this thread buys your incessant whining and crying. YOU are the troll.

xt. You claim to give people the whole verse, but I cited the complete SOURCE.

If you intended to convey a complete meaningful source you would not have cited Jefferson at all,

Your intent was to back up calling me a liar by quoting only one short part where Jefferson said he was a real Christian.

So you were making the argument that Jefferson wrote that he was a real Christian which you thought proved that I was a liar.

Then I posted six facts that in that same letter Jefferson said he was a real Christian but added in the same sentence “different from” as Jefferson continued? He was different from every aspect of established Christianity and the Church for the last 1700 years.

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

That was one helluva distinction that you left out.

I sir / was not lying / I do not lie.

I may make mistakes. But this was not that.

So are all people that live a decent life but do not believe one whit in the divinity of Jesus Christ or the resurrection and the forgiveness of sins to be called Christians equal to those who believe in the Divinity of Christ.

I cannot tell if you think Jefferson is or was ever a Christian who takes Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior from what you quoted minus a piece of his statement or If he was what he said in the rest of that quote.

Why did my mother tell me I had to believe in the Divinity of Christ according to Lutheran Doctrine in order to be a Christian.

Was my Mother wrong?

Correll, post: 2393740

i have not and am not attempting to say that Jefferson’s words on the corruption of Christianity means he would not agree with a statement that America was founded as a Christian nation.

Your choice of words “that he was against America being a Christian nation” suck because I don’t think Jefferson ever was against America ‘being a Christian Nation” as long as it was as that ‘being’ was not the result of a magistrate, King or of coercion by a government backed by its power and its laws.

if every single American from 1800 on ward professed a belief in a Divine Jesus I think Jefferson wood be pleased if it had produced a nation of civil, respectful people who followed the exact words of Christ that Jefferson summarized is his little Jefferson’s Bible.

And don’t get me wrong I am not saying to be a Christian Nation in Jefferson’s eye meant Americans had to convert to his version of being a Real Christian. I am saying that Jefferson would rather only be concerned with the results no matter what path Americans took
as America countries to be a Christian and more so after the awakening in 1830 and Christians on separate sides engaged each other in the Civil War.

I’m reading this now;

Did Religion Make the American Civil War Worse?

Faith may have inflamed the conflict, but one lasting legacy of the war may be the toll it took upon American faith. ALLEN GUELZO AUGUST 23, 2015

I could care less if any of you read it. But it produces thought on the current subject.

such as I thought I read a passage that talked about “praying” soldiers.
  • At the height of the war, delegations of concerned clergymen received high-profile audiences with the President; the National Reform Association moved an amendment to the Constitution to add formal recognition of Christianity to its preamble; the military chaplaincy was dramatically expanded as a major component of the U.S. armed forces; and “fully one-third of all soldiers in the field were praying men and members of some branch of the Christian Church,” and religious revivals in the armies converted between 5 and 10 percent of men in uniform.
    ALLEN GUELZO is a professor at Gettysburg College.

It is good that you are dropping the angle of attack the being against having an Established Church in any way means you are against having a Christian Nation.

xt. You claim to give people the whole verse, but I cited the complete SOURCE.

If you intended to convey a complete meaningful source you would not have cited Jefferson at all,

Your intent was to back up calling me a liar by quoting only one short part where Jefferson said he was a real Christian.

So you were making the argument that Jefferson wrote that he was a real Christian which you thought proved that I was a liar.

Then I posted six facts that in that same letter Jefferson said he was a real Christian but added in the same sentence “different from” as Jefferson continued? He was different from every aspect of established Christianity and the Church for the last 1700 years.

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

DIFFERENT FROM

That was one helluva distinction that you left out.

I sir / was not lying / I do not lie.

I may make mistakes. But this was not that.

So are all people that live a decent life but do not believe one whit in the divinity of Jesus Christ or the resurrection and the forgiveness of sins to be called Christians equal to those who believe in the Divinity of Christ.

I cannot tell if you think Jefferson is or was ever a Christian who takes Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior from what you quoted minus a piece of his statement or If he was what he said in the rest of that quote.

Why did my mother tell me I had to believe in the Divinity of Christ according to Lutheran Doctrine in order to be a Christian.

Was my Mother wrong?

I gave the entire citing source and I'm tired of your lying ass claiming otherwise. It is not my fault that you got butt hurt. Now, what I can do is research the entire source if I wanted to prove you wrong, but I don't care to. If my entire argument was to prove someone wrong because ONE man uttered ONE sentence and that's all I had, I'd realize that I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground... and that's all you have. AND IT'S MEANING IS DISPUTABLE AS WELL AS IRRELEVANT.

Your mother could only tell you what constitutes a Christian according to the tenets of the Lutheran faith. You keep screwing with me and I'm going to really embarrass you. Keep it up and we can make it personal. When that happens, your bigotry, ignorance and ego trip will be on trial. Fair warning: STOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back