America Divided

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
It’s a sign of how divided we are as a country that we cannot even agree on the nature of our divisions. This disagreement over the source of our disagreements is not merely partisan, but cuts through the Democratic and Republican parties, as the raucous primaries of the last presidential election made clear. It ultimately springs from a deeper ideological contest over which public philosophy should rule the American mind.

Five political worldviews are currently vying for supremacy in the public square: identity politics, progressive class-based redistributionism, libertarian anti-statism, reform conservatism, and Trumpist populism. Despite some tensions, the first two co-exist in the Democratic Party. The other three are jostling for control of the Republican Party.

Trumpist populism, though not without its blind spots, has a more incisive diagnosis of the defining political conflict of our age and of the central threats confronting the country than any of the other competing worldviews. Trump’s improbable rise to the Presidency is as much a testimony to the intellectual shortcomings of the Republican and Democratic parties, as it is to his own political acumen. Whatever one may think of Donald Trump’s eccentricities, tweets and personality, there is much to learn both from his analysis of American politics and the courage he has displayed in challenging the reigning ways of thinking in both parties. America Divided: It Starts With the Democratic Party
Much of what is driven on this board is at the fever pitch that it is because of MSM driving this division...We can see it from both sides with regurgitated talking points, lack of original thought, and outright petty positioning....

We are upcoming the midterms where all indications now are that Republican's are poised to pick up between 15 to 40 seats in the House, and 5 to 8 seats in the Senate.

We the voting public should be focused on discussing ideas instead of the devolution of discussion with everything from threats, to absolutely childish insult that accomplishes nothing....

Let's see if in this thread we can move to discussing ideas instead of just immediately attacking, insulting, and bringing Trump into the conversation...He's not running...

Moving to the ways to do that, should someone not be able to post without these elements I would ask that you just don't post here...lines of attack will be reported, and to the Mod's I would ask a strict adherence to the rules and remove people who are off topic, and or disrupting the thread through attack....

Thanks...We're off to the races.

democrats are mean poopyheads who paid Wuhan to develop a bioweapon that allowed them to cheat in the tens of millions column during the 2020 election and then immediately turned the FBI on concerned parents at local school board meetings.

Marxism isn't compatible with American Democracy and capitalism, so let them be divided against everyone else.

That's just more of the good stuff for the rest of us.

democrats are mean poopyheads who paid Wuhan to develop a bioweapon that allowed them to cheat in the tens of millions column during the 2020 election and then immediately turned the FBI on concerned parents at local school board meetings.
And they get away with it because of the liberal media. Trump's new cable news station can't get here fast enough.

Much of what is driven on this board is at the fever pitch that it is because of MSM driving this division...We can see it from both sides with regurgitated talking points, lack of original thought, and outright petty positioning....

We are upcoming the midterms where all indications now are that Republican's are poised to pick up between 15 to 40 seats in the House, and 5 to 8 seats in the Senate.

We the voting public should be focused on discussing ideas instead of the devolution of discussion with everything from threats, to absolutely childish insult that accomplishes nothing....

Let's see if in this thread we can move to discussing ideas instead of just immediately attacking, insulting, and bringing Trump into the conversation...He's not running...

Moving to the ways to do that, should someone not be able to post without these elements I would ask that you just don't post here...lines of attack will be reported, and to the Mod's I would ask a strict adherence to the rules and remove people who are off topic, and or disrupting the thread through attack....

We are a nation of people far too different, we have lost our identity.
Embrace and enjoy the divide, learn to hate and hope to one day fight…Don’t rest until ALL Leftists are contained in Auschwitz style concentration camps.

It seems like there is a lot more going on in D.C. than we will ever know. And that by definition is Unconstitutional since we are supposed to have a say in our government.

We are a nation of people far too different, we have lost our identity.
Embrace and enjoy the divide, learn to hate and hope to one day fight…Don’t rest until ALL Leftists are contained in Auschwitz style concentration camps.

I think the Auschwitz style concentration camps might be a little extreme. I would settle for just having a couple human lawn jockeys and someone to work the back 40 while I sit on the porch and sip mint juleps. :04:

Division is driven in our society by forces that are well known, to some of us. These forces greatly benefit from a divided America. This will only get worse as the concentration of wealth continues upward into the hands of a few oligarchs. Wealth in a quasi Fascist crony capitalist society like ours equals political power. In addition, further control of most of the MSM by a few oligarchs guarantees Americans will stay divided.

Good. I’ll start.

who won the 2020 Presidential election?

How can people of different socio economic classes unite? It's a legit question.

OP is all wrong. Trump divided us into two camps: smart people and dumb people. Turns out there are about 3M more smart people in the US but it’s fucking close electorally.

And they get away with it because of the liberal media. Trump's new cable news station can't get here fast enough.

Know what? Fuck Trump. He's didn't do a fucking thing and he won't if he's reelected in 2024. It's a nation of, by and for the People. We need to wake the fuck up and boot the Marxist out of every government office. We need a President who will at least fire all the heads of the Military and Intel Agencies; if they're caught conspiring with the CCP or other against America, they need to be treated like the fucking traitors they are.

The FBI got caught spying on Trump and not a single fucking traitor got called out!

Forum List

Back