America Divided

Totally agree. I was just busting citygator, who loves to call Trump supporters stupid with no proof.
There are stupid people on both sides, as well as on all other sides. But both sides point out examples of the most stupid in order to push their political agenda.

It's probably more important to be straight on the racism issue than trying to bust somebody. However, we are all aware that conversation here is only semi-serious.

We are upcoming the midterms where all indications now are that Republican's are poised to pick up between 15 to 40 seats in the House, and 5 to 8 seats in the Senate.

We the voting public should be focused on discussing ideas instead of the devolution of discussion with everything from threats, to absolutely childish insult that accomplishes nothing....
One possible logical consequence of "America Divided" is a second civil war, but not modeled on the first blood-bath with armies of thousands facing off across vast meadows or sniping each other in dense forest,

If a second conflict of this nature erupts, it will likely begin on boards like this one and then spiral outwards as happened in Yugoslavia, the Philippines, and Iraq.

05bookwalter2-jumbo.jpg

‘How Civil Wars Start,’ a Warning About the State of the Union

"When Barbara F. Walter began writing 'How Civil Wars Start' in 2018, the few people who heard that it was 'about a possible second civil war in America' thought it was 'an exercise in fear-mongering,' she writes in her acknowledgments, “perhaps even irresponsible.” That 'even' gives you a sense of Walter’s cautious inclinations..."

"Walter has a political scientist’s fondness for data sets and numerical scales.

"She says that the United States is firmly within the 'danger zone' of a 'five-point scale' measuring factionalism and a '21-point scale' measuring a country’s 'polity index,' where a full autocracy gets a -10 and a full democracy gets +10.

"(We’ve slid from +10 to +5 in a few years, occupying what Walter and her colleagues call the not-quite-democratic and not-quite-autocratic zone of an 'anocracy.')"
https://www.mdpi.com/1911-8074/14/11/543/htm
jrfm-14-00543-g001.png

Anocracy - Wikipedia.

OP is all wrong. Trump divided us into two camps: smart people and dumb people. Turns out there are about 3M more smart people in the US but it’s fucking close electorally.

Trump? or the media distorting his words? you do realize many so called journalists see themselves as activists? not just a journalist relegated to reporting facts as they are, right? Perception is reality and it has long been known by the ruling class if you control perception through media you can create any culture you want but it can also get out of control.

Good. I’ll start.

who won the 2020 Presidential election?

Biden is the winner. Yet you have the Democratic party which refuses to see that half the country is losing faith in the sanctity of the vote. They do nothing to ensure confidence, but want to create a system that uses mail out ballots which can be manipulated. IF Democrat leadership doesn't want America to be divided, they are doing a piss poor job.

Perhaps I am foolish to think so, but the prospect of a Civil War is not out of the question as far as I'm concerned. Not armies of thousands fighting battles all over the country, but rather assassinations and guerilla raids here and there against the opposition. Politicians, justices and judges, media personalities, etc., could be targets for attacks. Maybe certain locations too; state, regional, or national HQ buildings and or media outlets or central broadcast or internet sites could also be targeted. Maybe even people, businesses, and places could be attacked for their political affiliation or connection.

Could we see future attacks on the FoxNews building in NYC or the CNN building in Atlanta or wherever it is. Maybe there would be an attack against the pillow guy's business in Minnesota, or some other business that is staunchly political one way or the other. Is it not possible that a politician or justice/judge or media personality could be attacked at home or elsewhere for their political stance?

I do not see this as likely any time soon, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

There are stupid people on both sides, as well as on all other sides. But both sides point out examples of the most stupid in order to push their political agenda.

It's probably more important to be straight on the racism issue than trying to bust somebody. However, we are all aware that conversation here is only semi-serious.
In reality, we all should want the best for all in our nation. For it will be strength.

Biden is the winner.
Its a miracle!
Yet you have the Democratic party which refuses to see that half the country is losing faith in the sanctity of the vote.
Really? Do you honestly think that your vote is somehow co-opted, not counted, or deleted? If 1/2 of the country truly feels that...please explain Virginia. Why did so many republicans vote in Virginia?
They do nothing to ensure confidence, but want to create a system that uses mail out ballots which can be manipulated. IF Democrat leadership doesn't want America to be divided, they are doing a piss poor job.
Seven states have done nothing but mail in ballots for a number of elections. Before 2020 and Trump...nobody on this board or any other board, none of the losers that I'm aware of in all of those elections, and none of the voters that I'm aware of screamed about voter fraud or election security.

All of the screams in 2020 have proven to be unfounded.

You guys are doing a piss poor job internalizing/analyzing/believing the evidence.

In reality, we all should want the best for all in our nation. For it will be strength.
Sadly, that appears to be impossible now, regardless of which way the political climate swings. The Republicans don't own racism exclusively.
I think that the biggest factor that holds back 'health care' reform in America is the notion that most of the benefit of a better system will go to black families.
The Democrat supporters are not there on that, even though they talk a better game on account of their party needing the black vote.

Perhaps I am foolish to think so, but the prospect of a Civil War is not out of the question as far as I'm concerned. Not armies of thousands fighting battles all over the country, but rather assassinations and guerilla raids here and there against the opposition. Politicians, justices and judges, media personalities, etc., could be targets for attacks. Maybe certain locations too; state, regional, or national HQ buildings and or media outlets or central broadcast or internet sites could also be targeted. Maybe even people, businesses, and places could be attacked for their political affiliation or connection.

Could we see future attacks on the FoxNews building in NYC or the CNN building in Atlanta or wherever it is. Maybe there would be an attack against the pillow guy's business in Minnesota, or some other business that is staunchly political one way or the other. Is it not possible that a politician or justice/judge or media personality could be attacked at home or elsewhere for their political stance?

I do not see this as likely any time soon, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
We have already seen attack at CNN...

One possible logical consequence of "America Divided" is a second civil war, but not modeled on the first blood-bath with armies of thousands facing off across vast meadows or sniping each other in dense forest,

If a second conflict of this nature erupts, it will likely begin on boards like this one and then spiral outwards as happened in Yugoslavia, the Philippines, and Iraq.

05bookwalter2-jumbo.jpg

‘How Civil Wars Start,’ a Warning About the State of the Union

"When Barbara F. Walter began writing 'How Civil Wars Start' in 2018, the few people who heard that it was 'about a possible second civil war in America' thought it was 'an exercise in fear-mongering,' she writes in her acknowledgments, “perhaps even irresponsible.” That 'even' gives you a sense of Walter’s cautious inclinations..."

"Walter has a political scientist’s fondness for data sets and numerical scales.

"She says that the United States is firmly within the 'danger zone' of a 'five-point scale' measuring factionalism and a '21-point scale' measuring a country’s 'polity index,' where a full autocracy gets a -10 and a full democracy gets +10.

"(We’ve slid from +10 to +5 in a few years, occupying what Walter and her colleagues call the not-quite-democratic and not-quite-autocratic zone of an 'anocracy.')"
https://www.mdpi.com/1911-8074/14/11/543/htm
jrfm-14-00543-g001.png

Anocracy - Wikipedia.
Hmmm...I'd like to know more, but I'd need you to put it in plain english for me....Such as what parameters in your article do you believe we in the US have passed, with examples?

Its a miracle!

Really? Do you honestly think that your vote is somehow co-opted, not counted, or deleted? If 1/2 of the country truly feels that...please explain Virginia. Why did so many republicans vote in Virginia?

Seven states have done nothing but mail in ballots for a number of elections. Before 2020 and Trump...nobody on this board or any other board, none of the losers that I'm aware of in all of those elections, and none of the voters that I'm aware of screamed about voter fraud or election security.

All of the screams in 2020 have proven to be unfounded.

You guys are doing a piss poor job internalizing/analyzing/believing the evidence.
2020 will continue to be studied, and examined...Many times in our country the truth about matters like this don't come out for years, sometimes decades...

One thing I think is perpetuating this, is Democrats themselves. By continuing to act as defensive is they are, it makes people wonder why.

The consistent demand that voters that believe that something was fishy about the election, concede without explanation. IOW, bend a knee....

We in this country are a proud people, and I think whenever you get someone trying to force anything on anyone unwilling to accept it, then you are making a mistake...

Tribalism is the rule. US vs Them has resulted in people viewing political opposites as the enemy. Voices of reason are lambasted as fence sitters or mugwumps. Compromise is considered capitulation.

What is “United” about the states of America….

Tribalism is the rule. US vs Them has resulted in people viewing political opposites as the enemy. Voices of reason are lambasted as fence sitters or mugwumps. Compromise is considered capitulation.

What is “United” about the states of America….
That's a good question, and much more pithy than my attempt at it...I am not so sure we can unite anymore....

2020 will continue to be studied, and examined...Many times in our country the truth about matters like this don't come out for years, sometimes decades...
Ahh... More bullshit. Some examples concerning "matters like this" please.
One thing I think is perpetuating this, is Democrats themselves. By continuing to act as defensive is they are, it makes people wonder why.
Defensive? Whose acting defensive? Every audit adds to Joe's victory and confirms it.
The consistent demand that voters that believe that something was fishy about the election, concede without explanation. IOW, bend a knee....

We in this country are a proud people, and I think whenever you get someone trying to force anything on anyone unwilling to accept it, then you are making a mistake...

How are you being forced to accept the election results?

Biden got 81M votes. Your blob got millions less (but still millions more than he did in 2016--strange way to rig an election don't you think?). You can accept it or not accept it. When you broadcast bullshit such as "there was massive voter fraud" you'll be called out on it and made to look like a fool...because you are a fool to believe such things with zero evidence.

democrats are mean poopyheads who paid Wuhan to develop a bioweapon that allowed them to cheat in the tens of millions column during the 2020 election and then immediately turned the FBI on concerned parents at local school board meetings.
How long have you been delusional?

Where do you come up with this shit, anyway? Asking for a friend.

Forum List

Back